NASCAR Payoff

DIDIT

Old School Fan
Does anyone know what NASCAR pays a team to spin or blow an engine with 25 or less to go? I guess NASCAR thinks that us smart fans caught on to the debris caution that we will never catch on to this.
ABSOLUTELY GETTING RIDICULOUS.

Yep, I realize this may be a bit on the sarcastic side, but even for someone like my self who thoroughly enjoys NASCAR, it just seems to happen to often.

The last one who did it got paid handsomely by getting whipped in public and getting his credibility broken almost beyond repair.

NASCAR is indeed very generous paying people off.

Does anyone know what NASCAR pays a team to spin or blow an engine with 25 or less to go? I guess NASCAR thinks that us smart fans caught on to the debris caution that we will never catch on to this.

I think the bogus cautions have been way down this year but Nascar has never needed to involve a car to arbitrarily suspend racing action.

NASCAR has smart fans.

This ^ up here is a testament to that.

MWR was tagged as a lot of Itchabod Cranes for an offense that Nascar pulls off on a smaller scale repeatedly.
And I am not suggesting favoritism is in play, I believe Nascar tries to be absolutely fair in that regard.

Unfortunately there is just very little faith in the organic or natural quality of the races. So they think they have to jazz up the race with the repeated resets. A car winning by several seconds is not a disaster imo, there is an abundance of good battles to be found deeper in the pack, with story lines worth telling. It is a shame imo, and maybe just lazy reporting by broadcast teams. Instead of having Rutledge Wood yapping about the latest Taco, they could be covering some good mid pack stories, their struggles etc. Like a team that is only a 20th place car that figures out how to become a top 15, or top 10.

Personally I find the repeated resets to more offensive than what MWR did.
And a culture of disrespecting the product was in play long before that incident.
Why should anyone fully respect a product, if management does not and cynicallly demonstrates it with the yellow fever. They place more value on getting a stage winner interview than expediting their own pre scripted cautions back to green

And the intended resets are 180° opposed to true competition, imo.

I want to make sure I am on the same page, NASCAR is allowing Toyota to cheat?, and NASCAR pay's teams to spin out and blow their engines on demand to help NASCAR get the desired outcome for a race?

I want to make sure I am on the same page, NASCAR is allowing Toyota to cheat?, and NASCAR pay's teams to spin out and blow their engines on demand to help NASCAR get the desired outcome for a race?
You figured that out? By Yourself? :sarcasm:

I just wish somebody would have paid somebody for a late caution yesterday. A goofy restart was the only way the 24 was going to beat the 78! :) I don't think NASCAR consciously tries to dictate the outcome of the race, I just think their threshold for what will bring out a caution gets more liberal as the laps wind down. Sort of the opposite of how refs in stick and ball sports often seem to swallow their whistle late in games. I have always marveled at how NASCAR would waste 10 laps under caution cleaning the track after a minor wreck at the halfway point, and then clean up a similar wreck in three laps at the end of the race.

Part of late race cautions has much to do with backmarkers with weaker equipment and so so setups that lead to blown tires and engines, wreck debris falling off. I think the stages have lessened that happening, crews can look at the track to find debris, weaker teams get to rest their motors and get fresh tires, teams get more chances to work on race damage and change the setups. has it made the racing better? overall IMO all it has done is changed the racing, given the bill payers more chances for revenue and with Truex winning most of the stages this year, their hasn't been the drama they expected.

NASCAR has smart fans.

This ^ up here is a testament to that.

I wasn't smart enough to come up with an accurate answer :(:(:(:(

Part of late race cautions has much to do with backmarkers with weaker equipment and so so setups that lead to blown tires and engines, wreck debris falling off. I think the stages have lessened that happening, crews can look at the track to find debris, weaker teams get to rest their motors and get fresh tires, teams get more chances to work on race damage and change the setups. has it made the racing better? overall IMO all it has done is changed the racing, given the bill payers more chances for revenue and with Truex winning most of the stages this year, their hasn't been the drama they expected.
Somehow the fact that Truex has won many stages has brought joy to my heart

I just wish somebody would have paid somebody for a late caution yesterday. A goofy restart was the only way the 24 was going to beat the 78! :) I don't think NASCAR consciously tries to dictate the outcome of the race, I just think their threshold for what will bring out a caution gets more liberal as the laps wind down. Sort of the opposite of how refs in stick and ball sports often seem to swallow their whistle late in games. I have always marveled at how NASCAR would waste 10 laps under caution cleaning the track after a minor wreck at the halfway point, and then clean up a similar wreck in three laps at the end of the race.
A few cautions would have been a welcome addition to the event they called a "race"

Sounds like you sorta get it ....... now just come up with a figure they get paid for blowing up and spinning out :lol2:

You figured that out? By Yourself? :sarcasm:

He picks up stuff really fast !!! shoulda been an astronaut :booya:

They pay them in 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupons.

Nuthin like a good bubble bath after a spin and a blown engine

I have mixed feelings about the back markers.
1. I appreciate their effort and dream, compared to fans they are absolutely badass, and taken far to lightly. As long they can meet minimum speed they should feel very welcome.
2. But a lot of late race nuisance cautions could be avoided by parking about 5 or 6 of the last place running cars, that also more 2 or 3 laps down depending on the track size. Late in the race but before the last green pit cycle begins.
3. But I am not completely convinced that Nascar or race control sees them as a nuisance at that stage. After all they are natural built in resets that can wipe away a dominant cars advantage, while allowing Nascar to claim it was a close finish.

nascar doesn't know who is going to win the race, but they know who isn't going to win the race.

Dont forget the one off ballon handlers at Indianapolis a year or two ago. I reckon they could only contract temps for that act of caution terrorism, a day that will live in infamy forever. They probably set those handlers up for life, with new identities in some remote communities, for scarring the sheet out Nascar Nation.

I have mixed feelings about the back markers.
1. I appreciate their effort and dream, compared to fans they are absolutely badass, and taken far to lightly. As long they can meet minimum speed they should feel very welcome.
2. But a lot of late race nuisance cautions could be avoided by parking about 5 or 6 of the last place running cars, that also more 2 or 3 laps down depending on the track size. Late in the race but before the last green pit cycle begins.
3. But I am not completely convinced that Nascar or race control sees them as a nuisance at that stage. After all they are natural built in resets that can wipe away a dominant cars advantage, while allowing Nascar to claim it was a close finish.

That ain't right, all races everywhere have backmarkers. Local dirt tracks are full of them in the A feature. If anything with this new stage format, that does more to eliminate backmarkers being an issue than any other racing series that I know of.

sometimes they get paid with a championship and an annual truck race at a dirt track. just for adding a female driver to their team.

sometimes they get paid with a championship and an annual truck race at a dirt track. just for adding a female driver to their team.
Yes, see all you others that posted nasty comments. Finally someone understands where this southern Bubba is coming from. I bet Souspoint IL, will get a Xfinity race soon too.

Back
Top Bottom