NASCAR Pick 'Em 2018 - Darlington

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Friday, August 31st, noon Eastern time.

2018 Pick 'Em picks spreadsheet - 1 thru 18.jpg

2018 Pick 'Em picks spreadsheet - 19 thru 36.jpg

2018 Pick 'Em used spreadsheet.jpg

I was going to wait until the beginning of the "playoffs" to create an expanded standings that shows the number of A, B, and C list drivers that each player has remaining but, after seeing a somewhat spirited discussion on the subject matter in the Bristol #2 thread, I decided to unleash it now.

Keep in mind that we've seen numerous top ten finishes by "C list" driver picks and several near dead-last finishes by "A list" driver picks. So, as the saying goes, 'taint over 'till it's over . . .

24-2018 Pick 'Em Results - Bristol #2 (expanded).jpg

Is it too late for me to hop in here?

Is it too late for me to hop in here?

Paging Mr Molo, Mr @pjmolo you have a call on line one.

Thanks for the wake-up call, @Johali. :p

To answer the question posed by @Joker, the game is a season-long endeavor that involves skill as well as luck.

The "official" rules can be found in the second post of this thread:

https://racing-forums.com/threads/nascar-pick-em-2018-daytona-1.62412/

Note rule #12 regarding "the deadline to begin participating in the game."

After two weeks of anticipating the addition of a "Darlington Stripe" to their car at a track that is often considered too tough to tame, drivers in The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series find themselves in The Palmetto State this Sunday night for the Bojangles' Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway.

This week's most popular driver is Denny Hamlin, who was selected by seven players. The second most popular driver is Ryan Newman, who was selected by six players.

Interestingly, only one player picked a "C list" driver as the game's competition begins to seriously heat up.
Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

25-2018 Pick 'Em Picks - Darlington.jpg

This week's most popular driver is Denny Hamlin, who was selected by seven players.
This is the biggest problem with playing the way that I do. Gaining any ground is tough when this many other players use the same driver. That's okay, I'm used to it by now and love this game.

This is the biggest problem with playing the way that I do. Gaining any ground is tough when this many other players use the same driver. That's okay, I'm used to it by now and love this game.

Being a racing sage sure has it's drawbacks. ;)

Granted, you won't gain on the six other players who picked Hamlin but if he wins the damn thing you'll sure gain on the 21 others who didn't. ;)

Congrats to @AdoubleU24 who takes the "Highest Finishing Pick" award as his pick of Joey Logano finished 2nd in the Bojangles' Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway.

Congrats also to @DC76 as he had the most upward movement in the standings this week, moving up three spots to eleventh place. Over the last three races @DC76 has moved up eight positions.

Other movers include @aunty dive (moved up nine positions in the standings over the last four races and @ChexOrWrex (moved up seven positions over the last five races).

@Spotter continues to occupy second place in the standings, now only 18 points behind @Blake Hylton, the game's leader for the sixteenth consecutive race.

Finally, congratulations to @kkfan91 who, for the first time since the fifth race of the season (California), finds himself someplace other than dead last in the standings.

That dubious honor now belongs to the 2017 NASCAR Pick 'Em Champion, @Snappy D.

25-2018 Pick 'Em Results - Darlington.jpg

Congrats to @AdoubleU24 who takes the "Highest Finishing Pick" award as his pick of Joey Logano finished 2nd in the Bojangles' Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway.

Congrats also to @DC76 as he had the most upward movement in the standings this week, moving up three spots to eleventh place. Over the last three races @DC76 has moved up eight positions.

Other movers include @aunty dive (moved up nine positions in the standings over the last four races and @ChexOrWrex (moved up seven positions over the last five races).

@Spotter continues to occupy second place in the standings, now only 18 points behind @Blake Hylton, the game's leader for the sixteenth consecutive race.

Finally, congratulations to @kkfan91 who, for the first time since the fifth race of the season (California), finds himself someplace other than dead last in the standings.

View attachment 35987
Derrick Cope finished 6 places higher than my pick, former 2 time Southern 500 and 7 time Cup Champion Jimmie Johnson. I deserve last place. Oh well I’m going for the double from 1st to last in back to back years.

View attachment 35987
What the hell? Hey I moved up two spots, yahoo. :beerbang:

Back
Top Bottom