NASCAR Pick 'Em 2018 - Daytona #1

OFFICIAL GAME RULES

1 - Each week, each player picks a driver for that week's race.

2 - Players' picks are to be submitted on the Racing-Forums.com board via a private "conversation" with pjmolo.

a. Start by clicking on the pjmolo avatar and then by clicking on "Start a Conversation."

b. The "Conversation Title" should read NASCAR Pick 'Em 2018. The conversation message should then include the location of the race and the driver picked for that race. For example: Daytona - Martin Truex Jr.

c. Upon receipt of the pick, a response to the message will be made that confirms the pick for that race. Confirmation messages can be found in your message "Inbox."

d.
When a player makes a pick for a subsequent race, it should be submitted by replying to the message that confirmed the pick for the previous race, thereby keeping the conversations in management's inbox to a minimum.

3 - All picks must be made by the Friday before race day, noon Eastern time. An initial pick may be changed provided the change is made prior to that week's deadline.

4 - After a player picks a driver, that player cannot pick that same driver again for the remainder of the season.

5 - After the noon Friday deadline, players' picks are official and will be made public by way of a post to the board prior to the beginning of that week's race. Race results and game standings will be posted in the same thread after each race.

- Only the 36 points paying races are included in the game, meaning races such the Clash, the Daytona Duels, and the All-Star Race are not included.

7 - For each race, players will be awarded the number of points equal to the finishing position of their pick for that race, based upon NASCAR's official race results.

8 - The game's champion will be determined by the player with the fewest amount of points after the 36th and final points race. In the event of a season points tie, the game's champion will be awarded to the player with the most "1st place" picks, then the most "2nd place" picks, etc. until a champion is decided.

- If a player fails to make a timely pick for a given race, his pick for that week will be recorded as "NO PICK". If a player picks a driver that does not start the race or picks a driver that was previously used, it will not count as a "NO PICK."

10 - A player will be dropped from the game following his failure to make a pick for four races.

11 - If a player does not make a pick, picks a driver that does not start the race, or picks a driver that was previously used, the player will be awarded points equal to the number of drivers that started that race, plus one.

12 - Keeping in mind that a player will be dropped from the game after making a "NO PICK" for four races, the deadline to begin participating in the game has been established as the fourth race of the season. Any player that doesn't make a pick in any or all of the first three races will be awarded points for those races as specified by Rule #11.

13 - There is no restriction as to the number of players allowed to participate in the game. Because there is no restriction as to the number of players, there is no need to officially register. Beginning with the Daytona 500, but at least by the fourth race of the season, simply make a pick each week to be included.

- Any attempt to initiate a playoff points reset at any point during the season will cause the game to self-destruct immediately.

OFFICIAL GAME RULES

1 - Each week, each player picks a driver for that week's race.

2 - Players' picks are to be submitted on the Racing-Forums.com board via a private "conversation" with pjmolo.

a. Start by clicking on the pjmolo avatar and then by clicking on "Start a Conversation."

b. The "Conversation Title" should read NASCAR Pick 'Em 2018. The conversation message should then include the location of the race and the driver picked for that race. For example: Daytona - Martin Truex Jr.

c. Upon receipt of the pick, a response to the message will be made that confirms the pick for that race. Confirmation messages can be found in your message "Inbox."

d.
When a player makes a pick for a subsequent race, it should be submitted by replying to the message that confirmed the pick for the previous race, thereby keeping the conversations in management's inbox to a minimum.

3 - All picks must be made by the Friday before race day, noon Eastern time. An initial pick may be changed provided the change is made prior to that week's deadline.

4 - After a player picks a driver, that player cannot pick that same driver again for the remainder of the season.

5 - After the noon Friday deadline, players' picks are official and will be made public by way of a post to the board prior to the beginning of that week's race. Race results and game standings will be posted in the same thread after each race.

- Only the 36 points paying races are included in the game, meaning races such the Clash, the Daytona Duels, and the All-Star Race are not included.

7 - For each race, players will be awarded the number of points equal to the finishing position of their pick for that race, based upon NASCAR's official race results.

8 - The game's champion will be determined by the player with the fewest amount of points after the 36th and final points race. In the event of a season points tie, the game's champion will be awarded to the player with the most "1st place" picks, then the most "2nd place" picks, etc. until a champion is decided.

- If a player fails to make a timely pick for a given race, his pick for that week will be recorded as "NO PICK". If a player picks a driver that does not start the race or picks a driver that was previously used, it will not count as a "NO PICK."

10 - A player will be dropped from the game following his failure to make a pick for four races.

11 - If a player does not make a pick, picks a driver that does not start the race, or picks a driver that was previously used, the player will be awarded points equal to the number of drivers that started that race, plus one.

12 - Keeping in mind that a player will be dropped from the game after making a "NO PICK" for four races, the deadline to begin participating in the game has been established as the fourth race of the season. Any player that doesn't make a pick in any or all of the first three races will be awarded points for those races as specified by Rule #11.

13 - There is no restriction as to the number of players allowed to participate in the game. Because there is no restriction as to the number of players, there is no need to officially register. Beginning with the Daytona 500, but at least by the fourth race of the season, simply make a pick each week to be included.

- Any attempt to initiate a playoff points reset at any point during the season will cause the game to self-destruct immediately.
Damn, I really like rule 14. :D

Considering that all 40 entries will make the 500, and with practice and qualifying over and done with, I've pretty much decided who my pick for the race is going to be.

So far, ten other picks for the 500 have been submitted

Unless you're waiting to see what the starting positions will be following the Duels on Thursday night, I suggest that anyone interested in playing get their pick in sooner rather than later. ;)

Considering that all 40 entries will make the 500, and with practice and qualifying over and done with, I've pretty much decided who my pick for the race is going to be.

So far, ten other picks for the 500 have been submitted

Unless you're waiting to see what the starting positions will be following the Duels on Thursday night, I suggest that anyone interested in playing get their pick in sooner rather than later. ;)
You know that I always send mine in on Monday morning so my severe CRS don't bite me in the butt. :D

You know that I always send mine in on Monday morning so my severe CRS don't bite me in the butt. :D

And here I thought it had to do with a weekend of drinking Bud Lights. :p

By my count, although 36 individuals have expressed interest in playing this year's Pick 'Em game, to date only 20 have submitted a pick.

So as a reminder . . . .

The deadline for submittal of picks for the Daytona 500 is Friday, February 16th, noon Eastern time.

Looks like we'll probably start the season without a full starting field of 40 entries as, with a little more than an hour 'til the pick deadline, 30 picks have been submitted.

So if there's anyone still interested in getting in the game, dust off the ol' dart board and get your pick in.

A tough question. Why the hell do people say that they're going to play and then disappear when the time comes to ante up. Chickens afraid of a butt whooping. :D

tenor.gif

Driver picks for the Daytona 500 have been submitted, recorded, checked and then double checked..

The runaway most popular pick for the first race of the season is none other than Danica Patrick who, in being picked by 16 of the 32 game participants, took both the popular and electoral vote by a wide margin.
hmm.gif

David Ragan, picked by three players, is the only other driver to be picked more than twice.
Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

2018 Pick 'Em Picks - Daytona #1.jpg

Driver picks for the Daytona 500 have been submitted, recorded, checked and then double checked..

The runaway most popular pick for the first race of the season is none other than Danica Patrick who, in being picked by 16 of the 32 game participants, took both the popular and electoral vote by a wide margin.
hmm.gif

David Ragan, picked by three players, is the only other driver to be picked more than twice.
Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

View attachment 33376
I knew all of the smart players would take Danica. :D

Meh its about time Ragen pulls one of his surprise plate wins

I'll take a top 15 or twenty and be happy about it.
Yeah. There are 36 races. I can come up with only 31 full-time competitors that I regard as viable picks... so I need 5 more scraped from the bottom of the barrel. If those 5 picks average 25th or better, I'll consider myself very lucky.

Yeah. There are 36 races. I can come up with only 31 full-time competitors that I regard as viable picks... so I need 5 more scraped from the bottom of the barrel. If those 5 picks average 25th or better, I'll consider myself very lucky.
Yep.

The way I look at it you need to score big points in the beginning here, pick drivers that you feel have a good shot. Then last third of the season hopefully get a wild card no name to win or place well.

The way I look at it you need to score big points in the beginning here, pick drivers that you feel have a good shot. Then last third of the season hopefully get a wild card no name to win or place well.

tell-me-more-about-your-strategery.jpg

I think Kez is the obvious pick here, but since anyone can win here, I wanted to go with with someone who likely wont have a decent finish anywhere else. I dont think many expect Danica to run well, but since this is her only race, they figurr they might as well use her.

Looks like we'll probably start the season without a full starting field of 40 entries as, with a little more than an hour 'til the pick deadline, 30 picks have been submitted.

So if there's anyone still interested in getting in the game, dust off the ol' dart board and get your pick in.
Have you considered shortening our season to oh, say ... 30 races?

Reduce the work load, cut costs (don’t mention lost revenue), spike interest among old and new fans alike and if you want, award points for each event at the halfway mark and we can all go catch up on some NFL.

Have you considered shortening our season to oh, say ... 30 races?

Reduce the work load, cut costs (don’t mention lost revenue), spike interest among old and new fans alike and if you want, award points for each event at the halfway mark and we can all go catch up on some NFL.
You can be replaced, you do understand that don't you? Spouting blasphemy like that.

:rolleyes:

I know. I’ve been thinking about replacing myself.

It seems to be becoming a popular thing to do. :rolleyes:
Ha ha ha. You could re-brand yourself with a new account name, but the Aunty-ness would shine through loud and clear. People would not be fooled for long, I'm pretty sure...:flushed:

New accounts do not insure longevity though. Usually quite the opposite. I think it was Socrates that first said that. :confused:
I’ve always felt bad for the guys who had to post on stone tablets.

Over 50 laps to go and already 23 of 32 players driver picks are going to finish in the 30s in pick'em points. Me included. :mad:

Well, I was looking decent until that final big wreck. At least I didn't waste a worthy driver, but the same can be said for most of the other participants as well.

Looks like Slice is gonna jump out to a nice early lead

Back
Top Bottom