NASCAR Pick 'Em 2019 - Charlotte #2 (The Roval)

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of picks for the next race is Friday, September 27th, noon Eastern time.

2019 current standings - #28.jpg

Driver picks for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Bank of America ROVAL 400 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Chase Elliott is the most popular pick this week having been selected by six players. Landon Cassill was selected by four players and Parker Kligerman was selected by three.

And a tip of the cap to @REBS31 for picking long-time fan favorite "Front Row" Joe Nemechek.
Thanks for participating, fellers. :cheers:

#29 - Charlotte #2 picks.jpg

If ever I needed JJ to do well this is it.. potential to make up some serious ground this week.. already topped practice 1 :) *fingers crossed *

I know I'm getting ahead of myself a bit but I'm starting to think I may actually have a shot at this thing..

I still have Johnson (this week).. Harvick.. Truex.. Newman.. Bowyer.. Elliot.. Almirola..and McDowell

(Not in that order ;) )

Last edited:
If ever I needed JJ to do well this is it.. potential to make up some serious ground this week.. already topped practice 1 :) *fingers crossed *

I know I'm getting ahead of myself a bit but I'm starting to think I may actually have a shot at this thing..

I still have Johnson (this week).. Harvick.. Truex.. Newman.. Bowyer.. Elliot.. Almirola..and McDowell

(Not in that order ;) )
You and spotter are the only ones in the top ten with actual picks.

That should help. :cool:

I forget the rule on driver unavailability - if McDowell can’t drive the car, do we get the car or do we get a goose-egg?

We ran into this when it looked like Matt Tifft would have to be replaced for the night race at Bristol.

As I said then, a rule that I intend to implement with next year's game would be put into effect immediately to cover this situation.

The rule reads as follows:

"If a player picks a driver that, at the time of the pick deadline, appears on the entry list posted on NASCAR.com and that driver is then replaced in that car by another driver prior to the start of the race, then the replacement driver will be considered the driver pick for that player for that race."

lloyd bridges.jpg

And the wrong week to pick Alex Bowman, who qualified second and then crashed in the closing moments of final practice, forcing him to go to a back-up car that will start at the rear of the field. :owquitit:

View attachment 41540

And the wrong week to pick Alex Bowman, who qualified second and then crashed in the closing moments of final practice, forcing him to go to a back-up car that will start at the rear of the field. :owquitit:

I really hope this doesn't age well....lol I don't want Bowman to advance but I want maybe a 15th lol

We ran into this when it looked like Matt Tifft would have to be replaced for the night race at Bristol.

As I said then, a rule that I intend to implement with next year's game would be put into effect immediately to cover this situation.

The rule reads as follows:

"If a player picks a driver that, at the time of the pick deadline, appears on the entry list posted on NASCAR.com and that driver is then replaced in that car by another driver prior to the start of the race, then the replacement driver will be considered the driver pick for that player for that race."

Yeah seems most sensible. Though shouldn’t it be “replaced in that car by another driver at any time” - because wouldn’t the same rule apply if a driver had to get out of the car after the start of the race (relief driver situation)? Or do you already have that rule so the new one would just cover substitutions made before the green flag?

Yeah seems most sensible. Though shouldn’t it be “replaced in that car by another driver at any time” - because wouldn’t the same rule apply if a driver had to get out of the car after the start of the race (relief driver situation)? Or do you already have that rule so the new one would just cover substitutions made before the green flag?

Yeah, that makes sense.

Better yet:

". . . . and that driver is then replaced in that car by another driver after the pick deadline, then . . . . "

Back
Top Bottom