NASCAR Pick 'Em 2021 - Daytona Road Course

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of drivers picks for the next race is Sunday, February 21st, 1:00 p.m. Eastern time.

Any and all who post on the racing-forums.com board are still welcome to participate in the game as any second race game entry will be awarded 41 points for the Daytona 500.

Game rules can be found in the first post of this thread:

https://racing-forums.com/threads/nascar-pick-em-2021.72217/

3 - #1 current standings.jpg

^great work as always. What day of the week is the entry list for the race formalized?

Just a reminder that all who post on the racing-forums.com board are still welcome to participate in the PICK 'EM game.

Second race game entries will be awarded 41 points for the Daytona 500.
Also, if any players are waiting for practice and qualifying to make their pick for the Daytona Road Course race . . . . :owquitit:

Just a reminder that all who post on the racing-forums.com board are still welcome to participate in the PICK 'EM game.

Second race game entries will be awarded 41 points for the Daytona 500.
Also, if any players are waiting for practice and qualifying to make their pick for the Daytona Road Course race . . . . :owquitit:
What time is qualifying?

The 2021 NASCAR Cup Series' second race of the season is at Daytona International Speedway, the same location as the first race, although instead of being held on the venue's famous 2.5 mile tri-oval, the O'Reilly Auto Parts 253 will instead play out on the 3.61 mile road course.

The number of game players increased by one this week to a total of 33 with the addition of a new player, @MAGICMILER. Welcome aboard!!!

The most popular driver pick for the race is AJ Allmendinger who, it is rumored, has made the Daytona road course race the only Cup event that he will compete in this season. AJ was selected by what is believed to be a game record 19 players.

Chris Buescher and Michael McDowell are the second most popular picks, each selected by 3 players.
Good luck to all and thanks for participating. :cheers:

1 - #2 picks.jpg

I cant believe I am one of only two who picked Briscoe, I Thought he did well on the road courses last year in Xfinity. I wanted to save Dinger for later in the year, Im gambling this isnt the last we will see him in Cup this year.

I cant believe I am one of only two who picked Briscoe, I Thought he did well on the road courses last year in Xfinity. I wanted to save Dinger for later in the year, Im gambling this isnt the last we will see him in Cup this year.
I'm not taking a chance if he will be back. I did that last year with another driver and it bit me.

I'm not taking a chance if he will be back. I did that last year with another driver and it bit me.
I've been bitten alot at this game, I dont know why I keep coming back for more.

I wanted to save Dinger for later in the year, Im gambling this isnt the last we will see him in Cup this year.
I remember reading Kaulig was entering all the roadies, with Dinger as the driver. I figured I'd sit on him until later, when the team had a few more Cup races under its belt and he might have a better starting spot. If this is his only race, it is what it is.

A little crowded on the Wallbanger Bandwagon, kids?

Goin’ with the Briscoe is in the best car money can buy theory. Apparently it worked yesterday.

A little crowded on the Wallbanger Bandwagon, kids?

Goin’ with the Briscoe is in the best car money can buy theory. Apparently it worked yesterday.
I was really battling between McDowell and Dinger but I know Ive got Mikey D later for sure.

Damn I thought I checked starting internet line ups and do not remember seeing AJ on the list.
I think the internet has cabulled to rig my searchs and conspire against me.

So I was forced to build a special Voodoo Allmendenger car only to target the car while not hurting the driver.
• Drilled holes and then burned up the tires
• Drilled a hole in the engine block,
• Drilled pinholes into the heads to mess up the custum length pushrods.
• Poured a five gallon bag of sugar into the gas tank.
• Installed mobile gloves near the drivers headrest and left door side. They are configured to look like AJ is constantly giving all the other drivers the finger.

I finally put the Voodoo car in a church pew and let the fat lady set on it as a finishing step.
That was huge mistake, the Voodoo car wedged and then became lost in her innards and it has effectively insulated the car to shield and protect it.
Currently sweating it out and hoping her Ex-lax drop occurs before the green flag drops.

Damn I thought I checked starting internet line ups and do not remember seeing AJ on the list.
I think the internet has cabulled to rig my searchs and conspire against me.

So I was forced to build a special Voodoo Allmendenger car only to target the car while not hurting the driver.
• Drilled holes and then burned up the tires
• Drilled a hole in the engine block,
• Drilled pinholes into the heads to mess up the custum length pushrods.
• Poured a five gallon bag of sugar into the gas tank.
• Installed mobile gloves near the drivers headrest and left door side. They are configured to look like AJ is constantly giving all the other drivers the finger.

I finally put the Voodoo car in a church pew and let the fat lady set on it as a finishing step.
That was huge mistake, the Voodoo car wedged and then became lost in her innards and it has effectively insulated the car to shield and protect it.
Currently sweating it out and hoping her Ex-lax drop occurs before the green flag drops.
Thanks ALOT pal!

I remember reading Kaulig was entering all the roadies, with Dinger as the driver. I figured I'd sit on him until later, when the team had a few more Cup races under its belt and he might have a better starting spot. If this is his only race, it is what it is.
I remember reading this as well. Oh well, hopefully Dinger will pop up again in Cup

i didnt think i was going to be this one sided,and no one took chase,crazy

That's as good as a Davison pick can go

After all these years here, and I pick Matt D. on my first try... What as I thinking?

First and foremost, congrats to Christopher Bell (if you're reading this) for getting the first Cup victory of his career by winning the O'Reilly Auto Parts 253 at Daytona International Speedway.

Meanwhile, congrats to @jws926 for taking the game's "Highest Finishing Pick" award by picking fourth place finisher Kurt Busch.

Congrats also to @Stewart Fan for moving up five spots in the standings while several players saw double digit backwards movement..

Finally, congrats to @Truex_rox for holding onto the first place position in the standings for the second consecutive week.

2 - #2 results.jpg

The results this week are quite extraordinary. With 33 total players, 19 of us (58%) picked "The Dinger" for 7 points! The next most popular picks were 3 for McDowell (8 points) and 3 for Buescher (11 points). That leaves only 8 other players, and 1 of those had Kurt Busch for 4 points. Only 7 players (21%) scored worse than 11 points!

Collectively, the 33 players scored only 398 points, an average of 12.06 points per player. I haven't done any research, but I'll guess there has never before been a race where the entire field had an average score as low as 12.06.

Incredibly, this happened at a race widely regarded as a "wildcard" event... with most players using part-timers and under-funded drivers, while avoiding usage of the highly regarded hot shoes.

So if you had a great score this week, don't feel too smug about it, because almost everyone else had a great score too. All you did was tread water.. :idunno:

So if you had a great score this week, don't feel too smug about it, because almost everyone else had a great score too. All you did was tread water.. :idunno:
Which is why I like to get out of sync with the pack.
I try to pick drivers that others will overlook for the easy pick.
Why pick the favourite if everyone else does? I don't get it.

Which is why I like to get out of sync with the pack.
I try to pick drivers that others will overlook for the easy pick.
Why pick the favourite if everyone else does? I don't get it.
You're going to wind up picking 36 drivers. What difference does it make if you pick Chase Elliot during week 2 with everyone else, or week 35 by yourself? We're all going to wind up with a 90% overlap anyway, excluding the McMurrays and other single-race drivers.

Back
Top Bottom