Nascar Pre Race Concerts?

Does a Pre Race Concert have any effect on whether you attend a Nascar race or not?

• Yes, it's the main reason I will attend, cause I want something for nothing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Hell no, IDGAS about a pre race concert!

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sdj

Just a race fan
I just saw an add telling everybody to come to the pre 500 concert and see somebody, IDGAS who.

My question is this, Does the pre race concerts have any barring on whether you attend a nascar race or not

at the Bristol night race to get down in front of the stage to see 3 Doors down was $110.00
sure, you got other things along with being close to the band, not sure what.

But we said no and watched the concert on the big screen...... my wife said couldn't they get someone a little more current.

so, to answer your question.....NO.

Absolutely not!

I can barely even afford my race ticket, so I surely can't afford to go stand in the grass to watch the concert. Honestly, I'm not much of a concert guy anyway, so it's hard for me to pay anything above $20 to see a concert. Most of the concerts I've been to are local festivals and the local theme park where the concert is more of a bonus rather than something that requires an extra fee.

I'm sure part of the costs of pre-race concerts are rolled into the price of my race ticket, even if I don't pay for infield access. Regardless of how small the charges may be, I wish I could waive them. I came to see a race; I'm not interested in performers I wouldn't otherwise cross the street to see.

I just saw an add telling everybody to come to the pre 500 concert and see somebody, IDGAS who.

My question is this, Does the pre race concerts have any barring on whether you attend a nascar race or not
No, but I do enjoy it if they book good entertainment though. Last year's entertainment at the Clash was better than the race imo.

One time (years ago) I did enjoy watching my son go down
to the stage to get a good view. I think it was a country act.
I stayed at the seats and programmed scanners.

It COULD, but most of the acts are not booked with my tastes in mind, and are usually too close to the race start time, and makes logistics a pain sometimes. The one time we DID take in a concert was Chicago 2011? With Darius Rucker. It was raining and the crowd was sparse, so we got right up by the stage. I've never enjoyed standing in the rain at a race track so much.

One time (years ago) I did enjoy watching my son go down
to the stage to get a good view. I think it was a country act.
I stayed at the seats and programmed scanners.
I can honestly say I enjoy programming scanners more than most pre-race entertainment. I say 'most' because I do likes me some Frisbee-catching dogs or a Chitwood-type auto stunt show.

It did not make me go to the 600 all those years, but, the pre race Military events were really really really good, actually awesome.
One of the funniest things I saw at the 600 pre race was a motorized outhouse zipping up and down the front stretch with a flame that would flash out the back randomly and make a fart sound, My wife and I almost broke a rib laughing so hard.

Hard to do a concert at a Nascar venue that everybody is going to like unless you book someone like Brooks and Dunn.

I sure as Hell do not want to endure something that would sound like Rap or Putbull. Nor would I care to go through loosing respect after watching people that can be entertained by the crap.

Sounds harsh but I also get that a lot of people dislike my taste in music. Thats their right and I wouldn't want them subjected to the same type of torture. It is all very subjective.

Back in the 90s I could go to a daytime strip joint in Charlotte just before going to see the Winston All Star race on Saturday night
It obviously was not owned or connected the the track. It was just conveniently very close.

Reactions: sdj
Not really, if it’s someone I don’t care for there’s usually other stuff to do at the track on race day anyways. On the other hand if it’s someone I’m interested in it only helps. But the decision is first and foremost about the racing.

I think the events like IndyCar Iowa and NASCAR Chicago where they get four big acts and then ask for hundreds of dollars for race tickets is getting carried away though. It’s almost flipping the dynamic to where it’s more of a music festival weekend with some race cars in the middle.

Most prerace concerts are people that I don't like or haven't even heard of. But let's be honest here none of these concerts are for anyone here on the forum. We're already fans they don't need to give us anything more to entice us to show up.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Never bought tickets relative to who was doing a concert. Usually the artist is announced well after I’ve purchased anyway. We’ve seen some good groups at the big events for Daytona and Homestead (Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, Jason Aldean, The Band Perry).

Reminds me of the ONE TIME we specifically went to a motor sports event to see the entertainment. MANY years ago, at Charlotte Motor Speedway, my girlfriend (now wife) and I went to see qualifying…only because after that they had a concert with Waylon Jennings. Folks who don’t know country, have to understand, he was among the kings of the genre in the late 70’s-early 80’s. It took a while to get everything set up for the show. People were getting restless. Then they started…with an unannounced opening act called The Crickets…legacy members of the Buddy Holly group that werent on the fateful plane crash that killed Holly (Waylon was a member at the time). Nobody wanted to hear them, and they played way too long. By the time Waylon got on stage, the angry drunks were yelling and throwing bottles. Waylon played one song, then told everyone to calm down or else he’d leave. During the second song fans were claiming the protective fence in front of the stage and more bottles were tossed. That was the end of the show!

Never bought tickets relative to who was doing a concert. Usually the artist is announced well after I’ve purchased anyway. We’ve seen some good groups at the big events for Daytona and Homestead (Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, Jason Aldean, The Band Perry).

Reminds me of the ONE TIME we specifically went to a motor sports event to see the entertainment. MANY years ago, at Charlotte Motor Speedway, my girlfriend (now wife) and I went to see qualifying…only because after that they had a concert with Waylon Jennings. Folks who don’t know country, have to understand, he was among the kings of the genre in the late 70’s-early 80’s. It took a while to get everything set up for the show. People were getting restless. Then they started…with an unannounced opening act called The Crickets…legacy members of the Buddy Holly group that werent on the fateful plane crash that killed Holly (Waylon was a member at the time). Nobody wanted to hear them, and they played way too long. By the time Waylon got on stage, the angry drunks were yelling and throwing bottles. Waylon played one song, then told everyone to calm down or else he’d leave. During the second song fans were claiming the protective fence in front of the stage and more bottles were tossed. That was the end of the show!
Wille and Waylon was my first concert. Waylon and his wife Jessi Colter opened for Willie at the Indiana State Fair in the early 70’s.

I remember we were racing at Richmond and Nickelback was the pre race show and at the time they were headliners and also friends Jr.

Back
Top Bottom