NASCAR stuff you were REALLY wrong about.

This would have more of an effect if this year went differently but some of the turnarounds in how people feel about Logano('s driving ability) should be mentioned. The hate and doubt was REAL around here a few years ago lol :D

Here's what I recall

1)Davey Allison would be a thorn in Dale Sr's side for years to come (Tragedy made that not happen)
2)Dale Sr would win 10 titles (said that after 94)
3)Mark Martin will win at least 2 titles
4)Dale Jr would win 1 title at DEI
5)Kasey Kahne would be the new Jeff Gordon
6)Kurt Busch would be a 4x champ
7)Tony Stewart will do a double duty and win the indy 500

hmmm, let's see, I remember thinking:

- Kahne would win a ton of races in the 5.
- Carl & Denny would be the two to take the Championship reign away from Jimmie.
- Junior would race into his 50's.
- Penske would never win a Championship.
- Logano was a bust.
- Stenhouse would come in and win 4 races a year.
- Ty would be better in Cup than Austin.
- Krissie Newman would someday stop being oh so lovely.

If he keeps up with this "2 Xfinity races a year" deal, this may yet happen. :)

Andy: to be honest, one of the things I respect you most for is your never ending devotion to delusions. :D
Andy ain't wrong......... that was a bull**** call in '90....... anyone in the garage that was questioned about the bolted or welded spacer said it didn't make any difference at all...... except for Bitchard and Kirk Shelmerdine..... I think Karma played a huge part in Shelmerdine thinking he could be a driver...... he didn't do crap..... and Bitchard.... with his crying towel.......... he's barely a second or third rate team now....... stuff always comes around full circle.......

How quickly Harvick became competitive after switching from Chev to Ford. They really didn't miss a step from the Daytona green onward.

I didn't believe the France family could totally screw NASCAR up this badly.At one point NASCAR was challenging the NFL for fans.Now the only race track news is about taking seats out to enrich the fan experience.

I have to join the 'I was wrong about Bowyer' boat. I really thought things would change at SHR. He was just passing time until he got there. That should have been a clue.

I have to join the 'I was wrong about Bowyer' boat. I really thought things would change at SHR. He was just passing time until he got there. That should have been a clue.

I don't think he did bad, but the times last year was up front he looked competitive. I hope he wins next year, I've been rooting for Boywer for a minute.

Outside of Harvick the rest of SHR was well a bit meh. Kurt found some speed later on, but the Toyota's were just on another Earth.

Reactions: Pat
I've been trying to come up with something to post here. I have two conflicting problems.

1) I can't remember the details of the things I've been wrong about regarding NASCAR.
2) If I could remember the details, I'd recall so much I'd be posting them until Danica's HOF induction.

Andy ain't wrong......... that was a bull**** call in '90....... anyone in the garage that was questioned about the bolted or welded spacer said it didn't make any difference at all...... except for Bitchard and Kirk Shelmerdine..... I think Karma played a huge part in Shelmerdine thinking he could be a driver...... he didn't do crap..... and Bitchard.... with his crying towel.......... he's barely a second or third rate team now....... stuff always comes around full circle.......
there is big difference between welded and bolted. you can't unbolt a weld in post race inspection to see if they were cheating.

I thought Rusty and Bill Elliot would each win more that one title, same for Bobby Allison. I thought Tony Eury sr. would always be a part of wherever Jr. was. Ya never know. And I figured Dodge would stay in Cup racing to compete with Ford and Chevy every week. Especially when Daimler had a stake in Dodge. Guess not.

I honestly thought Kyle Bush would have multiple championships by now.

Out of the current field of drivers, I believe that Kyle Busch is still the one driver who is the most likely to win multiple championships.

I like the guy, I can't help the itch.
As long as Bowyer does not win, the Drunken Brian France twitter account will continue to tweet about how many days it has been since his last win. :lol2: Oh yeah, it has been 1,881 days.

Out of the current field of drivers, I believe that Kyle Busch is still the one driver who is the most likely to win multiple championships.
I'm pretty sure next year won't be so lopsided, and either KDB or Truex aren't going to the final dance.

Back
Top Bottom