NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

thanks for the daily reminder, doesn't seem to be a problem.
2796.png
Race was FS1's most-watched event since '18 MLB NLCS Game7 and made FS1 the most watched cable channel during the timeslot. pic.twitter.com/1CMQ5ODK1o

Completely valid statement for this thread and it shouldn’t make anyone happy or sad. It is the same thing with ratings and demo info.

The way I interpret the info is that FX doesn’t broadcast very many programs that a lot of people watch. Others may interpret the info differently.

Completely valid statement for this thread and it shouldn’t make anyone happy or sad. It is the same thing with ratings and demo info.

The way I interpret the info is that FX doesn’t broadcast very many programs that a lot of people watch. Others may interpret the info differently.

nothing to get upset about that the race was the most watched event.

nothing to get upset about that the race was the most watched event.

Nothing to get upset or pumped up about at all. Each individual can come to their own conclusion about whether this is important or not. It is the same thing with NASCAR’s demographic as people can figure out for themselves what it means. Is it good that only a couple of hundred thousand people between 18-34 watched the Martinsville race? You be the judge.

There are always a couple of people entering multiple posts on a daily basis intended to remind us all that the ratings have dropped off the cliff.

Always so informative and completely free of any detectable bias. You and the tomato are pillars of the fan base. Congratulations.

You seem to 1) miss that the thread is about NASCAR's ratings and 2) that the number 1 poster in the thread is not one of the people you brought up. My take from your post is that you believe it is OK to tow the NASCAR line about the decline of the ratings and that we shouldn't worry about it. To bring up anything else is showing a bias.

Ummm, maybe towing the NASCAR line on the ratings is showing a bit of a bias too.

You seem to 1) miss that the thread is about NASCAR's ratings and 2) that the number 1 poster in the thread is not one of the people you brought up. My take from your post is that you believe it is OK to tow the NASCAR line about the decline of the ratings and that we shouldn't worry about it. To bring up anything else is showing a bias.

Ummm, maybe towing the NASCAR line on the ratings is showing a bit of a bias too.

So far the rating have evened out from the steep decline. Its been pretty good so far IMHO, but lets continue to think the earth is crashing on NASCAR and the doors will close tomorrow.

o_O

Any fan is a good fan but the ones that love it and are all in are the best.

Its all negativity from you and @Towmater

Look at the cup half-full, not half-empty. All this pessimism is aggregating to say the least because its the same post from both of you. Nothing new, but continue on with the negativity. I'll see my way out and just skim over your posts.

IMO there isn’t much in the way of positives with respect to NASCAR’s ratings and demographics. If someone disagrees and wants to discuss why historically low ratings are good and why having less than 10% of your audience in the 18-34 age group is desirable then have at it.

Look at the cup half-full, not half-empty. All this pessimism is aggregating to say the least because its the same post from both of you. Nothing new, but continue on with the negativity. I'll see my way out and just skim over your posts.

I think there is plenty of room for people of all styles and dispositions here. I wish more people would follow your lead and bypass or skim posts they don’t like or posts by members they don’t like.

If you think that Nascar maintaining last year’s viewership is good I respect that opinion even though I disagree with it. It is the same thing with NASCAR’s demo as if you feel it is where it needs to be or moving in the right direction I am fine with it even though I disagree.

I don’t try and silence the apologists or complain about people enjoying the series as they have every right to be that way and express themselves that way.

If you enjoy cup racing and all it entails I am sincerely happy for you. I feel the same for other people that love cup or the new rules or stages or what have you. Peace!

I don't pay much attention to television ratings or how many seats are full at the track... There are professionals that are paid to keep track of that and it's not me. I have way more important things in life to worry myself about. Hell I make my living in motorsports and when I'm on the starting line during a race I very seldom notice if the seats are full. Now if the fried chicken is dry at the buffet then I take notice.:)

So far the rating have evened out from the steep decline. Its been pretty good so far IMHO, but lets continue to think the earth is crashing on NASCAR and the doors will close tomorrow.

o_O

IDK where this idea that Nascar is crashing and burning and fixin to go out of business has come from but I know it ain’t been from me. I’ve been steadfast that Nascar will always exist in one form or another.

My opinion is that Nascar will become smaller and have less teams and less races. At some point Nascar might have to morph into something younger people want to see but that is just a guess.

The reason I think Nascar will get smaller is because it’s current fan base is very old and not enough younger fans are being brought in to replace them. I think in many ways a smaller series could be a better series as Nascar won’t be beholden to networks and sponsors as heavily. Decisions can be made on what’s best for the racing not something else.

I don't pay much attention to television ratings or how many seats are full at the track... There are professionals that are paid to keep track of that and it's not me. I have way more important things in life to worry myself about. Hell I make my living in motorsports and when I'm on the starting line during a race I very seldom notice if the seats are full. Now if the fried chicken is dry at the buffet then I take notice.:)

You sound like a man with the right priorities!

I said nothing of the kind.

toe the line ...

I said nothing of the kind.

toe the line ...

You are correct, you didn't state that towing the NASCAR line was biased.

As stated in the past, when half your of fans that turned into the TV are gone the glass is half-empty. Reality is reality.

Oh, and it is still working

I wish we had a person qualified to speak on demographics and how important or less important they are today. Does an aging nation impact how demographic groups are calculated and who is the arbiter of good and bad.?

Are stick and ball sports fans aging out at the same pace as Nascar fans? What is the percentage of fans entering Nascar versus those aging out?

Does the shadow even know?

I mess with em when it's a slow day. They pretty much say the same thing every day so missing one or two days doesn't matter a whole lot. :idunno:

I mess with em when it's a slow day. They pretty much say the same thing every day so missing one or two days doesn't matter a whole lot. :idunno:

It’s like a soap opera as you can take an extended time off and catch right up and it’s more fun than watching passes on the leaderboard!

nah, it's rock, paper, scissors and I always win.

Must be one of those heads I win tails you lose deals eh? As far as the ratings and demographics go IDK why some fans get so worked up over them. We can’t change them and they don’t impact our everyday lives so they aren’t worth breaking a sweat over, IMO.

It’s like a soap opera as you can take an extended time off and catch right up and it’s more fun than watching passes on the leaderboard!

Got to agree. The trajectory of the ratings hasn't changed much since the decline started. Season after season they kept going down, down, down as the fans moved on. Ya miss a day or two, race or two, season or two, and it hasn't been hard to catch right up. Shocking, isn't it? Almost like NASCAR wanted the fans to leave.

Got to agree. The trajectory of the ratings hasn't changed much since the decline started. Season after season they kept going down, down, down as the fans moved on. Ya miss a day or two, race or two, season or two, and it hasn't been hard to catch right up. Shocking, isn't it? Almost like NASCAR wanted the fans to leave.

yep about all that is left are bottom feeders yearning for the days and statistics of old. I don't shock easily.

Why Jim France just sat on his hands while his nephew ran his company into the ground is beyond me.

yep about all that is left are bottom feeders yearning for the days and statistics of old. I don't shock easily.

I think people want to see Nascar become something that grabs their attention and is something they enjoy watching more than anything else. The series has regressed terribly in the last 20 years and NASCAR has admitted it lost its way.

I think people want to see Nascar become something that grabs their attention and is something they enjoy watching more than anything else. The series has regressed terribly in the last 20 years and NASCAR has admitted it lost its way.
and I sure haven't seen anything from your end to help them find it. :D

Too bad a person such as yourself doesn't have the money either of them have or will ever have. Sounds like your upset about that.

IDK what any of this has to do with Jim France watching his nephew ruin his company. Either way Jim has inherited a much bigger problem trying to revive the company than was necessary

and I sure haven't seen anything from your end to help them find it. :D

I think all of us have shared ideas over the years. One of mine involved getting youth to the track. Either way I’m not on NASCAR’s payroll so fixing what they broke is not my job.

I think all of us have shared ideas over the years. One of mine involved getting youth to the track. Either way I’m not on NASCAR’s payroll so fixing what they broke is not my job.

There is little these days to interest young fans in any type of car performance mods (they have been mostly criminalized) much less racing, times have changed. But it isn't a surprise you would pick a mostly hopeless case to wonder, be shocked, and to post about daily.

There is little these days to interest young fans in any type of car performance mods (they have been mostly criminalized) much less racing, times have changed. But it isn't a surprise you would pick a mostly hopeless case to wonder, be shocked, and to post about daily.

It sure sounds like Nascar getting young people interested in cars may be a good place start. It would take a while but could prove fruitful.

I don’t consider Nascar to be a hopeless case more than a mismanaged company in need of competent leadership.

Why would you refer to the fans of NASCAR as "bottom feeders"? That is a powerful insult.

The bottom feeder remark about Nascar fans surprised me too. IMO the current crop of fans are some of the most loyal and long suffering fans on the planet.

It sure sounds like Nascar getting young people interested in cars may be a good place start. It would take a while but could prove fruitful.

I don’t consider Nascar to be a hopeless case more than a mismanaged company in need of competent leadership.
nobody is talking about that. If you aren't up to speed and the lack of anything a young person can do to one for performance upgrades these days except not void the warranty or pass smog it ain't going to happen bud.

nobody is talking about that. If you aren't up to speed and the lack of anything a young person can do to one for performance upgrades these days except not void the warranty or pass smog it ain't going to happen bud.

No kids I know of go out and purchase cars that are new enough to have warranties. There is still a car culture with young people it is just not anything that resembles what Nascar uses.

No kids I know of go out and purchase cars that are new enough to have warranties. There is still a car culture with young people it is just not anything that resembles what Nascar uses.
Look around next time, bunch a youngsters driving around in mom's four door. Nobody is modding cars it's illegal. Hell in Oklahoma we have no smog, but unless you want to count putting black covers on tail lights and black tint on the windows and woo flowmasters after the cats that's it.

No but their mommies and daddies do. And the mechanic has to do everything for them. Even change the oil. I live in a college town and half these kids drive newer, nicer cars than I do and I'm not broke.

I know of young people who drive newer cars too but I also know that many drive older Honda’s, Hyundai’s, Subaru’s and other vehicles like that. Some are pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom