NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by dpkimmel2001, Jan 31, 2018.

1. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

2. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

3. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Happy to see an increase but it is overnight

4. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

AuzGrams likes this.
  5. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

6. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

7. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

In ISC's official filings with the SEC seeking approval of the France Family buy-out, ISC projects a 16% decline in revenues from 2024 to 2025, under a projected new TV media rights deal. That's a sizable reduction from the current $820 million annual average, but the projected amount remains a very big number...

gnomesayin likes this.
  8. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

a rare Truck rating

Ventisca, AuzGrams, Kiante and 3 others like this.
  9. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Good to see the growth in viewership for the Trucks.

Kiante and machinistman3 like this.
  10. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

The Ross Chastain effect? Wouldn't surprise me if he has something to do with the ratings bump.

Kiante, machinistman3 and gnomesayin like this.
  11. machinistman3

machinistman3 Team Owner

I’ve been telling people for years but most just dismiss it as just some lower series not really worth watching. They are definitely not boring.

AuzGrams likes this.
  12. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Trucks are the best series right now out of the top 3 imo.

13. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

14. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Yeah I am interested in young Deegan moving the needle next year. But it seems the ratings very seldom posts truck numbers anymore

15. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

I’da thunk the 3,500 quality green flag passes for the lead woulda been to much to resist. :(

Larsonfan1995 likes this.
  16. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

The Truck numbers are available every week, FWIW.

17. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

18. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

I don't know if there are any unusual factors, but that is good news for NBC after Chicago was down about 8% in the finals.

19. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

20. Conover

Conover Team Owner

I’ve enjoyed the NBC broadcasts much more this year. So far they’ve seemingly heard us relative to the over-bearing, over-kill, over-talk from every high tenor voice scratching across our chalkboard (particularly Letart). Much better balance, exchange, and engagement of the race without heavy over-dramatics. Radio mode this week at Pocono.

21. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

good Xfinity numbers, the Indy delayed race was delayed until the early A.M.

22. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Prolly Fake News.

23. mathematician

mathematician Tire changer

I noticed that this thread has not been updated in a long time...people don't like the news maybe? B)

here we go:
    from sportsmediawatch

Slight dip means new low for NASCAR at Pocono
    The numbers were off only slightly from last year, but NASCAR Pocono viewership still hit a new low.

Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race from Pocono averaged a 1.7 rating and 2.71 million viewers on NBCSN, flat in ratings and down 2% in viewership from last year (1.7, 2.75M), and down 23% and 26% respectively from 2017 (2.2, 3.67M).

Excluding rainouts, Denny Hamlin‘s win posted the smallest audience for the race since at least 2000. It also tied the lowest rating since at least 1998. Just six years ago, ratings and viewership were dramatically stronger at a 3.2 and 5.06 million on ESPN.

24. mathematician

mathematician Tire changer

This is for Watkins Glen
    from sportsmediawatch

NASCAR Watkins Glen ratings lowest in at least 20 years
    While ratings have increased for several NASCAR races this season, the declines are starting to pile up.

Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race from Watkins Glen (N.Y.) averaged a 1.7 rating and 2.72 million viewers on NBCSN, down 26% in both measures from last year on the NBC broadcast network (2.3, 3.67M), and down 15% and 16% respectively from 2017 on NBCSN (2.0, 3.25M).

Chase Elliott‘s win ranks as the lowest rated edition of the race since at least 1999 and the least-watched since at least 2001. The previous lows were set in 2017.

25. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

26. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Up 8%? Awesome.

27. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

28. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

29. MRM

MRM Team Owner

Be interesting to see what the Brickyard ratings will be going head-to-head with week 1 of the NFL.

Turtle84 likes this.
  30. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Thread’s gone soft. :cool:

Turtle84 likes this.
  31. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

eh, they might make a comeback when stick n ball starts, they always do the we're number one thing like it means something.

Joker likes this.
  32. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

There's always the option to watch both.

Joker, LewTheShoe and Turtle84 like this.
  33. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Good news.

Also I didn't go to LVMS in 2018 but I would imagine attendance also was a bit better compared to last year.

34. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

10-4, Joker and LewTheShoe like this.
  35. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

36. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

^ They all tuned in because they don't like The Playoffs.

37. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I thought it was because they can't stand the track at Kansas. :confused:

38. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

That's a serious increase, this is impressive and went head-to-head with the NFL.

Good stuff.

gnomesayin likes this.
  39. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Team Owner

I'm puzzled by NBC's strong showing however at Kansas for example. I for one have such a hard time listening to NBC's booth team that I often have to turn off the sound. I know of more than a few people who have the same problem with NBC. I found that yesterday's Kansas race was particularly hard on my ears.

I guess these results seem to indicate that NBC's booth team is not as big a problem for most viewers as I thought.

Kiante and gnomesayin like this.
  40. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Nobody said they can't stand Kansas, some of us just don't understand why the stands are empty even after lowering capacities or why ISC and SMI deserve to have a monopoly on the sport.