NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

In ISC's official filings with the SEC seeking approval of the France Family buy-out, ISC projects a 16% decline in revenues from 2024 to 2025, under a projected new TV media rights deal. That's a sizable reduction from the current $820 million annual average, but the projected amount remains a very big number...

I don't know if there are any unusual factors, but that is good news for NBC after Chicago was down about 8% in the finals.

I’ve enjoyed the NBC broadcasts much more this year. So far they’ve seemingly heard us relative to the over-bearing, over-kill, over-talk from every high tenor voice scratching across our chalkboard (particularly Letart). Much better balance, exchange, and engagement of the race without heavy over-dramatics. Radio mode this week at Pocono.

I noticed that this thread has not been updated in a long time...people don't like the news maybe? B)

here we go:
from sportsmediawatch

Slight dip means new low for NASCAR at Pocono
The numbers were off only slightly from last year, but NASCAR Pocono viewership still hit a new low.

Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race from Pocono averaged a 1.7 rating and 2.71 million viewers on NBCSN, flat in ratings and down 2% in viewership from last year (1.7, 2.75M), and down 23% and 26% respectively from 2017 (2.2, 3.67M).

Excluding rainouts, Denny Hamlin‘s win posted the smallest audience for the race since at least 2000. It also tied the lowest rating since at least 1998. Just six years ago, ratings and viewership were dramatically stronger at a 3.2 and 5.06 million on ESPN.

This is for Watkins Glen
from sportsmediawatch

NASCAR Watkins Glen ratings lowest in at least 20 years
While ratings have increased for several NASCAR races this season, the declines are starting to pile up.

Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race from Watkins Glen (N.Y.) averaged a 1.7 rating and 2.72 million viewers on NBCSN, down 26% in both measures from last year on the NBC broadcast network (2.3, 3.67M), and down 15% and 16% respectively from 2017 on NBCSN (2.0, 3.25M).

Chase Elliott‘s win ranks as the lowest rated edition of the race since at least 1999 and the least-watched since at least 2001. The previous lows were set in 2017.

Be interesting to see what the Brickyard ratings will be going head-to-head with week 1 of the NFL.

Good news.

Also I didn't go to LVMS in 2018 but I would imagine attendance also was a bit better compared to last year.

I'm puzzled by NBC's strong showing however at Kansas for example. I for one have such a hard time listening to NBC's booth team that I often have to turn off the sound. I know of more than a few people who have the same problem with NBC. I found that yesterday's Kansas race was particularly hard on my ears.

I guess these results seem to indicate that NBC's booth team is not as big a problem for most viewers as I thought.

I thought it was because they can't stand the track at Kansas. :confused:

Nobody said they can't stand Kansas, some of us just don't understand why the stands are empty even after lowering capacities or why ISC and SMI deserve to have a monopoly on the sport.

Back
Top Bottom