NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

Brickyard 400 averaged about 4M for the prime time portion of the race. Will probably finish up over the Daytona 400 moved to Sunday last year (3.3M).

Fast-Demo-2020-Jul-05-SUN.png

This is why the persistent calls for NASCAR to scrap racing at IMS are so delusional. It is among their most valuable events.

And that Indy kept everybody pretty much paying attention the whole race, they keep tabs on that. And the ones who turned off early I got to say har de har har ya missed a hell of a finish.

I'm sure that if Dale Sr would have missed a race that would have effected the ratings and I thought that when Jr missed races that the ratings went down a little and now NHRA is going to find out what kind of a hit they will take without all 4 John Force teams missing Indy.

Solid for NBCSN. I'm sure people on Twitter going to say something about Golf but that was on CBS.

So much changed this year with race broadcasts that I think that NASCAR should be happy with the ratings Fox got. NASCAR had adversity with weather and a condensed schedule but should have benefited from having no competition. Would the numbers have been about the same had NASCAR run a normal schedule and faced competition? That one is way over my pay grade.

That is a very good point. Any of us civilians can stomp our feet and have a hissy about NASCAR. Bottom line is that if the TV people and other partners are happy that’s all that counts.

Not surprise, keep it on Saturdays, and Sundays. Too much stuff on during weeknights, and add the fact that it was on NBCSN and Baseball's first night back with the Yankees playing.

I'm really surprised that midweek racing hasn't been a ratings success as I thought that it might attract some casual viewers in addition to the die hards. I don't know if it is a lack of promotion or people just not expecting racing to be on midweek or something else entirely.

I'm really surprised that midweek racing hasn't been a ratings success as I thought that it might attract some casual viewers in addition to the die hards. I don't know if it is a lack of promotion or people just not expecting racing to be on midweek or something else entirely.
I agree with you. On weekends there is so much more to do than sit inside and watch a NASCAR race. But at 9:00 on weeknight, the options are mostly limited to other tv shows

I wondering if the ratings would be any better if the night races were on the scheduled from the beginning and they had a better chance to promote them. Just a thought.

I agree about the midweek races sneaking up on you as I completely spaced out the ASR. I also agree about having an advance schedule of night races and promoting them.

Back
Top Bottom