NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

The hell you talking about? There’s barely been an increase in ratings at any race since Michigan.
It's not what I am talking about, it is what it is in black and white lol. I think you do better with rearranging the schedule endlessly. You make a terrible death bedder.

It's not what I am talking about, it is what it is in black and white lol. I think you do better with rearranging the schedule endlessly. You make a terrible death bedder.

That didn’t answer my statement, quite a few NBC/USA races had declining ratings. Also, I spend a lot of money on NASCAR so no I don’t want it to be “dead”.

Something tells me we might have a bunch of new eyes on the Phoenix race, as many hits as the Chastain move has gotten, and all the buzz around that, the Ty Gibbs stuff and more.

Something tells me we might have a bunch of new eyes on the Phoenix race, as many hits as the Chastain move has gotten, and all the buzz around that, the Ty Gibbs stuff and more.
Good point. I know I'll be tuning in for the first "playoff" race since Darlington. Mostly I wanna see what happens to Gibbs on Saturday, and then Chastain on Sunday. I'm hoping one if not both of them, end up in the wall... thanks to help from someone

The Truck finale at Phoenix dropped from 473k last year to 408k on Friday night but overall viewership increased during the 2022 season. Best audience was 1.167M on FS1 for the Bristol dirt race.

But wait! The R-F experts said racing on dirt is a joke..lol looks like the joke is on them lol.

I don't think racing on dirt is a joke, I think racing bristol on dirt is a joke. Give me a dirt race at a real dirt track and put the spring Bristol race back on pavement where it belongs.
well, what ya got was a race at Bristol on a SMI track and it was the top draw in the trucks (reality)

What's that mean? The brickyard always had great ratings but the race always sucked. Good ratings doesn't make a good race.
That is your opinion and your reality. The ratings numbers said different. Guess who is paying the bills? As it is, because you are new here, read all of the posts that want to go back racing on the oval instead of the road course when Indy rolls around next year. BTW that doesn't have a damn thing to do with the number one rated Truck race on dirt AT Bristol

That is your opinion and your reality. The ratings numbers said different. Guess who is paying the bills? As it is, because you are new here, read all of the posts that want to go back racing on the oval instead of the road course when Indy rolls around next year. BTW that doesn't have a damn thing to do with the number one rated Truck race on dirt AT Bristol

Do you know how ratings work? You act like every viewer is receiving a survey after the race to see how well they liked it.

And @Daytripper has been here almost 2.5 years

I'm not new here, people wanted to go back to the oval because they think the new car is going to put a better show on than the old car which most people think put on a boring race. Just like plate races are boring races but get some of the best ratings. People just tune in for the big one.

I'm not new here, people wanted to go back to the oval because they think the new car is going to put a better show on than the old car which most people think put on a boring race. Just like plate races are boring races but get some of the best ratings. People just tune in for the big one.
Again those are your opinions. More then one reason has been stated by some fans about returning to Indy Oval and more than one opinion has been stated about racing at the road course. And every year the same fans say the same things about the super Speedways...but they continue to be some of the sports biggest draws. So many fans use emotion instead of intellect to form their opinions in Nasca. (I don't care about the damn popularity and if it makes the powers that be money to have more races, I say it's a crappy race squad)

But wait! The R-F experts said racing on dirt is a joke..lol looks like the joke is on them lol.
Just because it drew a large number of viewers doesn’t mean it was good racing. Some things draw larger crowds simply because they’re different. 160K packed into Bristol for a ball game most couldn’t see well and would have played the same on a conventional field.

Just because it drew a large number of viewers doesn’t mean it was good racing. Some things draw larger crowds simply because they’re different.
yeah sure, some don't like to get dirty also or even see dust so they probably lost some viewers there also. The trucks have been racing on the dirt for years decent but not great ratings, One could say racing at Bristol upped the ratings also.

The Cup finale at Phoenix was essentially flat with last year, down just a tick at 3.213M from 3.214M last year. The 38-race season average was up about 5% on the season at 3.003M, from 2.865M. The biggest increases were an +84% jump from last year’s rain-delayed Daytona 500 and a +172% jump for the Clash.

The Cup finale at Phoenix was essentially flat with last year, down just a tick at 3.213M from 3.214M last year. The 38-race season average was up about 5% on the season at 3.003M, from 2.865M. The biggest increases were an +84% jump from last year’s rain-delayed Daytona 500 and a +172% jump for the Clash.

Yet NASCAR's gonna keep raming this mile-long cactus up our ass.

you're finally figuring it out.

You mentioned something earlier about intellect.

Intelligence is the ability to be proactive rather than reactive. Intelligence means understanding how many variables go into TV ratings, and deciphering what factors truly matter and what factors are irrelevant. Intelligence means being one step ahead instead of one step behind. Intelligence means understanding an opportunity to improve and not being stagnant. Intelligence means exploring new ways to be better instead of chasing your tail and sticking with the status quo.

Maybe one day, you'll figure that out.

You mentioned something earlier about intellect.

Intelligence is the ability to be proactive rather than reactive. Intelligence means understanding how many variables go into TV ratings, and deciphering what factors truly matter and what factors are irrelevant. Intelligence means being one step ahead instead of one step behind. Intelligence means understanding an opportunity to improve and not being stagnant. Intelligence means exploring new ways to be better instead of chasing your tail and sticking with the status quo.

Maybe one day, you'll figure that out.
Texas is not going anywhere. How bout that lol. Have you checked next years schedule?

Everyone knows the Daytona 500 is a big deal. Everyone knows "the big one" will happen at the plate tracks. Everyone knows Bristol will put on a good show no matter what.

Other than that, the TV ratings are a crapshoot. It's all about the date, the timeframe, the network, what else is on TV during said time, how well NASCAR promoted the race in question, and so on. There are sooooo many variables, like what happened the week before or if it's the first race at the track or if it's the championship race or whatever, but that's mostly irrelevant. The TV ratings can't predict the quality/opinion of the race.

Proactive > reactive

Everyone knows the Daytona 500 is a big deal. Everyone knows "the big one" will happen at the plate tracks. Everyone knows Bristol will put on a good show no matter what.

Other than that, the TV ratings are a crapshoot. It's all about the date, the timeframe, the network, what else is on TV during said time, how well NASCAR promoted the race in question, and so on. There are sooooo many variables, like what happened the week before or if it's the first race at the track or if it's the championship race or whatever, but that's mostly irrelevant. The TV ratings can't predict the quality/opinion of the race.

Proactive > reactive
That is your opinion. You seem to know little or nothing about running a business/ You would be better served as a race critic I believe

Texas is not going anywhere. How bout that lol
That is your opinion. You seem to know little or nothing about running a business/ You would be better served as a race critic I believe

Of course Texas isn't going anywhere, because NASCAR has invested too much into the facilities, and it's a great market they are still trying to capture. That's the ONLY reason it's hanging by a thread.

Why do you think they are talking about reconfiguration? They realize the track sucks. But but but the TV ratings!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Of course Texas isn't going anywhere, because NASCAR has invested too much into the facilities, and it's a great market they are still trying to capture. That's the ONLY reason it's hanging by a thread.

Why do you think they are talking about reconfiguration? They realize the track sucks. But but but the TV ratings!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
again that is your opinion, mostly nonsense. They added a dirt track this year and remodeled the stands
Added this year:

Lil’ Texas Motor Speedway is getting more than a Lil’ renovation.

The 1/5-mile asphalt oval will undergo a major facelift to help realize NASCAR Cup Series driver Christopher Bell’s vision of bringing Micro Sprint racing to the facility the Oklahoma native has long considered his home track.
With the Autotrader EchoPark Automotive 500 just over two weeks away, four of Texas Motor Speedway’s premium hospitality destinations are sold out for the NASCAR Cup Series Playoff race on Sunday, Sept. 25.

The Victory Lane Club, Busch Restart Bar and Mike’s Hard Lemonade Turn 1 Terrace are sold out for the opening Round of 12 Cup Series Playoff race while Big Frig’s Burnout Alley is at capacity for both days of the NASCAR Playoffs doubleheader weekend.

While tickets still remain for the Oct. 17 Autotrader EchoPark Automotive 500, spots in the exclusive Big Frig’s Burnout Alley and seating on Sunday in the Busch Restart Bar have sold out.

Big Frig’s Burnout Alley, the luxury RV area located directly above the speedway’s back stretch, has 52 60×30-foot spots with full RV hookups, 24-hour security, and concierge service.

again that is your opinion, mostly nonsense. They added a dirt track this year and remodeled the stands
Added this year:

Lil’ Texas Motor Speedway is getting more than a Lil’ renovation.

The 1/5-mile asphalt oval will undergo a major facelift to help realize NASCAR Cup Series driver Christopher Bell’s vision of bringing Micro Sprint racing to the facility the Oklahoma native has long considered his home track.
With the Autotrader EchoPark Automotive 500 just over two weeks away, four of Texas Motor Speedway’s premium hospitality destinations are sold out for the NASCAR Cup Series Playoff race on Sunday, Sept. 25.

The Victory Lane Club, Busch Restart Bar and Mike’s Hard Lemonade Turn 1 Terrace are sold out for the opening Round of 12 Cup Series Playoff race while Big Frig’s Burnout Alley is at capacity for both days of the NASCAR Playoffs doubleheader weekend.

While tickets still remain for the Oct. 17 Autotrader EchoPark Automotive 500, spots in the exclusive Big Frig’s Burnout Alley and seating on Sunday in the Busch Restart Bar have sold out.

Big Frig’s Burnout Alley, the luxury RV area located directly above the speedway’s back stretch, has 52 60×30-foot spots with full RV hookups, 24-hour security, and concierge service.

Blah blah blah.

You say my opinion is mostly nonsense? OK, so tell me why Texas would possibly consider spending millions and millions of dollars to reconfigure the track?? Despite your cherry picked sellout figures and AmAzInG TV ratings, ooooh goody gumdrops!!!!!!!

You say I know little to nothing about running a business, yet you ignore the fact that the people in charge of the speedway are about to spend a boatload of money to reconfigure the track because they aren't happy with the quality of the racing. LOL

Blah blah blah.

You say my opinion is mostly nonsense? OK, so tell me why Texas would possibly consider spending millions and millions of dollars to reconfigure the track?? Despite your cherry picked sellout figures and AmAzInG TV ratings, ooooh goody gumdrops!!!!!!!

You say I know little to nothing about running a business, yet you ignore the fact that the people in charge of the speedway are about to spend a boatload of money to reconfigure the track because they aren't happy with the quality of the racing. LOL
So far it is being discussed, you have it like it is happening lol.

So far it is being discussed, you have it like it is happening lol.

So why is it even being discussed? Maybe they think it can be improved?? What a novel concept!!!!

When we were talking about the possibility of the championship race being switched to somewhere like Vegas, you were so quick to dismiss the idea, like it was foolish of us to even bring it up. But if NASCAR announced tomorrow that Vegas would be the last race in '24, you would be the biggest cheerleader on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom