NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

I know all of my friends were watching the NCAA tournament. I can also tell you that if that wasn't on they would've been watching something else not named NASCAR. Can't just assume they're losing ratings because other things are on at the same time.

Sometimes it's as simple as people aren't interested.

I know all of my friends were watching the NCAA tournament. I can also tell you that if that wasn't on they would've been watching something else not named NASCAR. Can't just assume they're losing ratings because other things are on at the same time.

Sometimes it's as simple as people aren't interested.
I live just outside of NYC, by me nobody watches nascar regardless of what else is the on.

Think about all the types of sponsors that are no longer in Nascar. I remember walking into bars and you'd see all kinds of race cars on the walls and schedules. Now it's nothing.

If Chase comes back and they’re still losing double digit percentage points of viewers, it could be scary for the next TV deal.

If Chase comes back and they’re still losing double digit percentage points of viewers, it could be scary for the next TV deal.
Ratings won’t matter in that regard.

MLS got $2.5bn from Apple TV and literally nobody else was interested.

NASCAR has at least three television networks (Fox, NBC and ESPN) and multiple streaming services including Prime and Peacock interested. They’re getting paid.

I’d say it’s even possible that MORE races end up on broadcast too. Broadcast networks are dumping grounds for unwanted content on Sunday afternoons, especially if you’re not airing the NFL.

Not surprising, look at the numbers that the NCAA pulled in on Sunday
If anything it probably should’ve been more of a factor last year when UNC was playing in the late Sunday window and had a bigger audience. There’s probably more fan overlap there than with any other school.
Damn I thought the presence of Button and Kimi would get some more people to watch.

It can't all be because of Chase, right?
It’s gotten worse since Chase went out but the Clash, 500, and Fontana were already trending down.

f the metrics. make every cup race saturday/saturday night and the organic response will be yes yes yes

these cucks go to college for 4 or 5 years. come on kids you ought to know the answer

That's not true as Amazon paid to have a few exclusive games like apple did.

Every game, every team, every match on Apple TV.

Apparently, Fox jumped in to air a handful of games, which I didn't realize so my bad, but even those games are on Apple TV.

At the time Apple TV signed, nobody was interested in the MLS package. Fox, ESPN and NBC all turned it down and Amazon had a deal with a single team. Fox probably got their television package on the cheap.

Richmond has traditionally been on FOX this time of year and FS1 typically doesn’t have a Sunday afternoon race until early May so there’s not much of a comparison to be had.

Cup - 2.303M
Xfinity - 847k (833k)
Truck - 644k

Some others…IndyCar Texas 830k (954k), F1 Australia 556k (568k), F1 qualifying 605k

If there’s a silver lining it’s that once again Bristol dirt will be the Trucks’ most-watched race of the season, and that Cup on Easter got a bigger audience than the previous two FOX races last month (Atlanta/COTA).

Cup - 3.45M (4.007M)
Truck - 1.057M (1.167M)
Cup heats - 481k
Truck heats - 272k

If there’s a silver lining it’s that once again Bristol dirt will be the Trucks’ most-watched race of the season, and that Cup on Easter got a bigger audience than the previous two FOX races last month (Atlanta/COTA).

Cup - 3.45M (4.007M)
Truck - 1.057M (1.167M)
Cup heats - 481k
Truck heats - 272k

I don't think easter night race is bad for ratings. Probably is for attendance at the track but most people are home watching TV by 7pm. The loss of over half a million from last year is the newness wearing off of the gimmick.

I don't think easter night race is bad for ratings. Probably is for attendance at the track but most people are home watching TV by 7pm. The loss of over half a million from last year is the newness wearing off of the gimmick.

The question is, how much of the ratings decline is because of Chase Elliott?

4m viewers down to 3.5m. Big yikes.

I think NASCAR can hit on Easter for TV. Still put up big numbers. If you even want to try to get a decent showing at the track it can't be in the south though. Kansas would be a good fit. OK weather. Lights. Good race 90% of the time. Dover would work too but you need lights.

I don’t love Chase but in some ways I think he carries a lot of fans.

It's PART of the decline but not all of it.

Elliott still has ZERO starpower, which is why it's now problematic that he is the bonafide face of the sport. NASCAR won't grow with Chase Elliott. And honestly, Chase Elliott is popular because he inherited what was left of Gordon's fanbase and what was left of Dale Jr's fanbase, along with being propped up by the media since before he was 10 as "The Future."

The younger fans coming in are rooting for Bubba Wallace, Daniel Suarez, Kyle Larson, Ross Chastain, and Hailie Deegan.

Everyone tuned in for a few laps and went back to other things. There’s better racing all around in IndyCar, NHRA, Xfinity Series, and other stuff in my opinion sometimes with the Gen7 package needing improvement.

Everyone tuned in for a few laps and went back to other things. There’s better racing all around in IndyCar, NHRA, Xfinity Series, and other stuff in my opinion sometimes with the Gen7 package needing improvement.
Yeah, I could tell by the number I heard of lawnmowers starting up

Yeah, I could tell by the number I heard of lawnmowers starting up

Probably the interest in nascar isn’t there like it used to be all the time. The drivers are decent in the cup series but not the same interest all the time. They should be thrilled with this increase. College basketball, NBA, MLB, other competion.

Yes, I know he was back. My question was what does that have to do with the comparison to last years race which also included chase Elliott?
You probably weren't around when Jr was off for his concussion, or watched a quarter of the stands empty when Jr wrecked out. Chase is the most popular driver in the series. We have Chase fans here that have said they didn't watch much of the series when he was gone.

Answer me this? How come after a season of lower ratings this is the first race they are up? They weren't up in Indycar, all their races have been a bit down this year also.

Back
Top Bottom