NASCAR To Begin Allowing Limited Fans

a governor shoving infected people into nursing homes just to avoid putting them in a navy hospital ship
FYI, the two Navy hospital ships were never intended for Covid patients.

Had they been used for that and then been needed in a war zone, they would have had to dump the patients and not have had time to adequately decontaminate the ship.

The plan was to use the ships to handle patients similar to the wartime casualties they’re trained to deal with. In civil use, this would be accident and shooting victims and other traumatic injuries, patients that wouldn’t necessarily have to be housed for weeks.

The Navy and civilian authorities were unable to quickly design a process to have emergency patients delivered to the ship, and now it -appears- they may not be needed. Or not yet.

FYI, the two Navy hospital ships were never intended.....

I agree, incompetence in NY made everything worse

If they actually had used them as COVID hospitals, thousands of old folks condemned to death in nursing homes by the govt. of New York would be alive today.

The most disgusting thing is Gov. Cuomo taking a victory lap and claiming they ‘crushed’ the virus.

I agree, incompetence in NY made everything worse

If they actually had used them as COVID hospitals, thousands of old folks condemned to death in nursing homes by the govt. of New York would be alive today.

The most disgusting thing is Gov. Cuomo taking a victory lap and claiming they ‘crushed’ the virus.
Just in case I didn’t make myself clear, it was the Navy’s decision how to the ships, not the governors of NY or CA. Neither could have put Covid patients on there if they’d wanted to. The Navy wouldn’t allow it.

You may have legitimate criticisms, but this wasn’t Cuomo’s call.

I saw the numbers today for my home county here in Tennessee population of 42,000. We just had another coronavirus death yesterday. The other one we had was in early April. 54 confirmed cases of it here with 2 deaths and 47 of those have fully recovered. So about .001 of our population has been affected although one might say we've had 100% increase in deaths.

Everybody knows everybody here and still no info on who any of these people are. I'm not saying these cases didnt happen but I'm saying no-one I know happens to know of anyone who did get coronavirus. The entire "shut everything down and make everyone wear masks" was a MASSIVE overreaction. We've never done that before with any other virus and, outside of a bunch of political grandstanding, there's really very little real evidence that this virus' impact is different than any other we have seen.

"I enjoyed the CARS Tour late model show at Ace Speedway on Saturday... "

Might not get to enjoy any more races at Ace Speedway for a while - the Governor is shutting them down due to violating the numbers of spectators allowed during this part of the phased-in reopening. Note that this is temporary - the Governor said he would allow them to reopen if they submit a spectator plan that meets current requirements. It appears that the track owners intend to be uncooperative, but we will see...

"Meanwhile at your local short track stands are open to paying customers and masks are not always required. Some do require you to sign a waiver. "

Other short tracks, at least in this same area, have been remaining closed or are making some attempt at complying (although how well I don't know)...they've been smart enough to not flaunt their disobedience on TV (as Ace has done over the past month). Maybe more will run afoul of the Governor, maybe not... it appears that the Governor is not looking for violators but is responding to violators who publicly try to embarrass public officials.
One track in Florida never did shut down. Attica in Ohio was to open to fans tomorrow, but the "local health department " shut that down. So for the time being anyone can buy a pit pass and attend as a participant. They also stated the grandstands and limited concessions will be available. Clever way to get around the local health department.

I can’t process “getting around the local health department.”

Or that doing so is “clever.”

I saw the numbers today for my home county here in Tennessee population of 42,000. We just had another coronavirus death yesterday. The other one we had was in early April. 54 confirmed cases of it here with 2 deaths and 47 of those have fully recovered. So about .001 of our population has been affected although one might say we've had 100% increase in deaths.

Everybody knows everybody here and still no info on who any of these people are. I'm not saying these cases didnt happen but I'm saying no-one I know happens to know of anyone who did get coronavirus. The entire "shut everything down and make everyone wear masks" was a MASSIVE overreaction. We've never done that before with any other virus and, outside of a bunch of political grandstanding, there's really very little real evidence that this virus' impact is different than any other we have seen.
Maybe because they made everyone do what they did is why you don't know anyone personally that had the virus. Better safe then sorry. ;)

The mandated mask wearing was just changed to recommend mask wearing in Orange County starting today. Also movie theaters and gyms may open back up with certain rules. But, still no nail salons.

SC set another state record for positive tests yesterday, the third new record in a week. I hope they're all due to improved access to more accurate tests, but I doubt it. Yesterday the governor went off on people jamming into public places as 'stupid', and he's a pro-Trump Republican.

Sorry, but I don't see my fellow South Carolinians doing the smart thing without a legal mandate.

SC set another state record for positive tests yesterday, the third new record in a week. I hope they're all due to improved access to more accurate tests, but I doubt it. Yesterday the governor went off on people jamming into public places as 'stupid', and he's a pro-Trump Republican.

Sorry, but I don't see my fellow South Carolinians doing the smart thing without a legal mandate.
6 people under 41 have passed away in the whole state of SC. as of the end of May. Duck and run for cover. More dangerous to drive a car. I have a pretty good idea which one is the stupid one. :biggrin:

I am not sure why everyone focuses on the number of positive tests, except that is what the media promotes. What is important to me is hospitalizations and deaths. Many more people are now getting tested without the strict criteria that was in place earlier.

Reactions: Pat
I am not sure why everyone focuses on the number of positive tests, except that is what the media promotes. What is important to me is hospitalizations and deaths. Many more people are now getting tested without the strict criteria that was in place earlier.
It's all about fear...the media found out a long time ago that fear works for keeping people watching and they brainwash the masses. People don't believe it for a minute but violent crime statistics have been going down for 20 years. Most don't take the time to investigate they just drink the cool aid.

It's all about fear...the media found out a long time ago that fear works for keeping people watching and they brainwash the masses. People don't believe it for a minute but violent crime statistics have been going down for 20 years. Most don't take the time to investigate they just drink the cool aid.

There hasn't been a major war between two countries since the invasion of Iraq. Wouldn't know that from the doomsayers.

Reactions: Pat
6 people under 41 have passed away in the whole state of SC. as of the end of May. Duck and run for cover. More dangerous to drive a car. I have a pretty good idea which one is the stupid one. :biggrin:
No love for the 582 dead people who were older than that when they cashed their chips?

No love for the 582 dead people who were older than that when they cashed their chips?
South Carolina has gone to great lengths to analyze who is at the greatest risk. It's the same for every state that I can find facts and figures. I would think even you would know that. They aren't super hard to find, I would suggest you read them or whatever you can keep your head stuck in the sand. . The information about who is at the greatest risk and the average age of fatalities is almost the same in every state. If you have those health issues I would suggest you take precautions, if a person is under 50 in good health this flu virus isn't what the press is making it out to be.

Oh, I may not die? Okay, I can accept being laid up for a couple of weeks hacking my lungs out. I've always wanted to burn up my time off like that.

South Carolina has gone to great lengths to analyze who is at the greatest risk. It's the same for every state that I can find facts and figures. I would think even you would know that. They aren't super hard to find, I would suggest you read them or whatever you can keep your head stuck in the sand. . The information about who is at the greatest risk and the average age of fatalities is almost the same in every state. If you have those health issues I would suggest you take precautions, if a person is under 50 in good health this flu virus isn't what the press is making it out to be.

Respectfully, I suggest you mind your manners Stan.

While you’re doing that, feel free to keep the board up to speed regarding deaths caused by car crashes and deaths caused by the common flu among people who forgot to get their annual shot.

you already might have it and not know it..ya seem kinda cranky lately :biggrin:
Work has been an absolute beast. Major project dropped in our laps with short notice and limited time. If you think I'm cranky here, ask my co-workers. Or ask me about them.

Either way, there's been nothing new in this discussion about attendance at tracks for several days. I'll be bowing out of this one. Note that's just this discussion; y'all will still have to put up with me otherwise.

So ... prolly a few kids in there that won't make it. The rest of the ICU candidates are old and everyone will be better off without them.

Keep guessing CDC, it sure has changed, they were saying 1.7 million deaths in the U.S. awhile ago.
The CDC figure of 1.7 to 2 million deaths assumes no mitigation of any kind. They made that perfectly clear in March.

"The scenario did not factor in the efforts now underway to address the epidemic, but rather what could happen if no action was taken to slow the spread of of the disease."

Work has been an absolute beast. Major project dropped in our laps with short notice and limited time. If you think I'm cranky here, ask my co-workers. Or ask me about them.

Either way, there's been nothing new in this discussion about attendance at tracks for several days. I'll be bowing out of this one. Note that's just this discussion; y'all will still have to put up with me otherwise.
good deal we have been waiting to talk about you behind your back

Back
Top Bottom