Nascar Trivia

Originally posted by muggle not@Sep 20 2004, 04:29 PM
Correct, your go TonyB. We need to get more people involved. :)
Amen to that!

-------------------

Okay. Who won the most races held on the old Daytona Beach/Road course?

Originally posted by muggle not@Sep 22 2004, 10:05 AM
Marshall Teague and Tim Flock are tied with 2 wins each?
Wakeup call to TonyB. Am I close with my answer. :)

Originally posted by muggle not+Sep 27 2004, 04:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muggle not @ Sep 27 2004, 04:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muggle not@Sep 22 2004, 10:05 AM
Marshall Teague and Tim Flock are tied with 2 wins each?
Wakeup call to TonyB. Am I close with my answer. :) [/b][/quote]
Sorry....

You are correct.

Nascar currently races at 3 short tracks (defined as tracks less than 1 mile in length). Richmond, Bristol, and Martinsville. When was the last year that they raced on more than 3 short tracks.

Originally posted by muggle not@Sep 28 2004, 04:48 PM
Nascar currently races at 3 short tracks (defined as tracks less than 1 mile in length). Richmond, Bristol, and Martinsville. When was the last year that they raced on more than 3 short tracks.
1996,2 races at North Wilkesboro,Jeff Gordon winning the final event at that track. :D
It's a .625 mile track btw.

Originally posted by 24thunder+Sep 28 2004, 09:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (24thunder @ Sep 28 2004, 09:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muggle not@Sep 28 2004, 04:48 PM
1996,2 races at North Wilkesboro,Jeff Gordon winning the final event at that track. :D
It's a .625 mile track btw. [/b][/quote]
Correct 24t, it is your go. Welcome to Nascar trivia. :)

Thanks muggle not,good to see U around as well. B)

Which auto Manufacturer has the most wins at NASCAR's top level?

Well 24t, since you are a J. Gordon and Chevy fan I would venture a guess that it is Chevrolet with 191. :)

Originally posted by muggle not@Oct 1 2004, 11:59 AM
Well 24t, since you are a J. Gordon and Chevy fan I would venture a guess that it is Chevrolet with 191.&nbsp; :)
Nope,Chevy does have the most driver and Manufacturer's Titles,but not the most wins. ;)

Good luck.Should be an easy answer now. :lol: B)

Are you sure :). I show Chevy having 606 wins and Ford with 586 but I could be wrong. :D

According to jayski it's Ford with 553, followed by Chevy with 549.

Originally posted by TonyB@Oct 1 2004, 05:42 PM
According to jayski it's Ford with 553, followed by Chevy with 549.
Right TonyB..I forgot to factor in the wins to this point in the season. Duh.

No...that wouldnt be right either...I will post sober next time, I swear. Just getting over a case of Northern Exposure. :huh:

Tony B is correct. Didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest,thought it was an easy question. :lol:

Ur turn Tony B. :D cheers.

Who was the last driver to win at Talladega driving a make other than Chevrolet?

Originally posted by fergy1370@Oct 1 2004, 10:37 PM
Dale Jarrett
Correct. On October 11, 1998 Dale Jarrett put his Robert Yates Ford in Victory Lane. Since then a Chevy has won 11 straight races at Talladega.

Someone else go ahead and post a question, I can't think of one right now...

Other than....

If NASCAR does fine and take points from Jr, what will 85% of the members on this forum whine and cry about next? :D

Good one Fergy. If I may, I'll give a question that is probably lame and easy, but here goes. Everyone knows that Bill Elliott was dominating on the super speedways, but did he ever win a short track race? Also, did he ever win a road race?

Short track wins:
Bristol - April, 1984
Richmond - March, 1992

Road Track:
Riverside - Nov, 1983

:cheers:

Ya got the tracks right but Bill won at Bristol in '88 not '84. Good enough for me though so go ahead. :)

How many "rookie of the year's" have won a Nascar championship in their career.

I have no idea , Muggle. But , so help me, I once considered using that very same sig. Hot-rod Lincoln~!!! :cheers: :cheers: Classic line!

I've got eight. Richard Petty, David Pearson, Dale Earnhardt, Rusty Wallace, Alan Kulwiki, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, and Matt Kenseth.

Originally posted by 97forever@Oct 8 2004, 06:07 PM
I have no idea , Muggle. But , so help me, I once considered using that very same sig. Hot-rod Lincoln~!!! :cheers: :cheers: Classic line!
Now you know my age. :)

Originally posted by buckaroo@Oct 8 2004, 07:30 PM
I've got eight. Richard Petty, David Pearson, Dale Earnhardt, Rusty Wallace, Alan Kulwiki, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, and Matt Kenseth.
You are correct buckaroo. :cheers: It is a very good group of drivers.

Alright, here's a goodie.

Herman Beam was the first driver ever black-flagged at Daytona. Why was he black-flagged?

The "Turtle" forgot his helmet.

Buck, you're asking better questions that what I could come up with, ask another.

Okay, here's another...

NASCAR's first All-Star race was staged at Daytona on February 19, 1961. What was it called?

Seems like we are all stumped buckaroo. Would you like to post another question.

Okay, and sorry if this is a bit late. Been working a bit too much lately and I didn't even turn on the PC yesterday.

It was called the "American Challenge Cup" race.

The first race won with tubeless tires was the Southeastern 500 at Bristol on May 2, 1965. Who was the driver?

I'd say good guess, but actually, that wasn't even good. :) Sorry, but I jsut had to say that. I want to say more, but I'm going to refrain from even that as it might be a clue. Actually 97, that was a good guess.

Ok...let's see. Only five drivers have won races in all three of Nascars top series: NC ,BGN and CTS. How many can you name.(I know we've used this one at some point but my mind was blank.)

Okay already, let's hear them. I can only think of one for sure, Biffle and probably Harvick, but I'm not totally sure that he won a truck race. Maybe Bobby Hamilton, but I'm not sure he's won a Busch race.

Back
Top Bottom