Nascar Trivia

Thanks Patrick.
Excluding Petty, there have been 2 drivers that have won the Championship as driver and owner in the same year. Name them.

Hope I didn't mess this one up.:)

Originally posted by Patrick9999@Oct 21 2004, 11:32 AM
Lee Petty and Alan Kulwicki?
The Petty family was/is excluded from the question.:)

Aln Kuliwicki is correct and noe I have discovered that there are still 2 more but anyone that can name one of them is the winner. .

Keeping the thread moving:
Buck Baker and Herb Thomas were the other to driver - owners that have won a championship.

go ahead patrick and post the next question. :cheers:

Thanks, Muggle not.

Who was the last driver to win his first race?

Originally posted by Patrick9999@Oct 24 2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks, Muggle not.

In which series, Cup, BGN or CTS?????

Originally posted by kat2220+Oct 24 2004, 11:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kat2220 @ Oct 24 2004, 11:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Patrick9999@Oct 24 2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks, Muggle not.

In which series, Cup, BGN or CTS????? [/b][/quote]
It is my understanding that all questions have to be Cup related.

Originally posted by Patrick9999+Oct 24 2004, 05:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Patrick9999 @ Oct 24 2004, 05:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by kat2220@Oct 24 2004, 11:07 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Patrick9999
@Oct 24 2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks, Muggle not.

In which series, Cup, BGN or CTS?????
It is my understanding that all questions have to be Cup related. [/b][/quote]
That is correct. It would get too difficult if we permitted other racing series.

Originally posted by Patrick9999+Oct 26 2004, 06:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Patrick9999 @ Oct 26 2004, 06:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DirtyMo1381529@Oct 25 2004, 06:00 PM
ok then, my guess is greg biffle
Sounds good.

Go ahead. [/b][/quote]
DirtyMo1381529, as Patrick has posted, it is your go. :)

Originally posted by muggle not+Oct 27 2004, 07:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muggle not @ Oct 27 2004, 07:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Patrick9999@Oct 26 2004, 06:49 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-DirtyMo1381529
@Oct 25 2004, 06:00 PM
ok then, my guess is greg biffle

Sounds good.

Go ahead.
DirtyMo1381529, as Patrick has posted, it is your go. :) [/b][/quote]
sorry, i didnt see the reply

how about who was the last, first time pole winner

mears would be it
vickers got a pole earlier in the season though, so you weren't far off

Okay, my turn again...

NASCAR sponsored its first road race June 13, 1954, at Linden (NJ) Airport. Al Keller won, driving a car sponsored by famed bandleader Paul Whiteman. What brand of car was he driving?

What Nascar driver put a rental car in a Daytona pool so that he would not have to return it to the rental agency. Hint he is from the earlier days of Nascar. :)

Joe Weatherly...racing Curtis Turner for a bottle of Whiskey?

Originally posted by Patrick9999@Nov 1 2004, 10:36 AM
Joe Weatherly...racing Curtis Turner for a bottle of Whiskey?
No, but I like your answer. :p

Originally posted by muggle not@Oct 28 2004, 08:12 PM
What Nascar driver put a rental car in a Daytona pool so that he would not have to return it to the rental agency. Hint he is from the earlier days of Nascar. :)
Answer: Fred Lorenzen put a rental car in a Daytona motel pool so he wouldn't have to return it to the airport.

Someone, ANYONE :) go ahead and post the next question.. :eek:

muggle not said:
Answer: Fred Lorenzen put a rental car in a Daytona motel pool so he wouldn't have to return it to the airport.

Someone, ANYONE :) go ahead and post the next question.. :eek:

Going once, going twice, is it dead? :confused:

No, no, no. I was just trying to give someone else a shot. Evidently there are those of us who don't mind posing questions, while there are those who would rather just look and guess. Here's my question...

In Richard Petty's very first Grand National/Winston Cup/Nextel Cup start July 18, 1958, He was knocked out of the race. He was bumped in the rear on lap 55 and went into the wall. Who bumped him to go on and win the race?

Sorry for the delay:blush:

With all of the money available to drivers these days, it's easy to pick out the millionaires and those who made a million first.

BUT....can you tell me who was the first driver to win $100,000 in a single season?

Sorry muggle, good guess but not the right answer. Keep trying. If no one gets it, I'll post the answer after the race on Sunday.

nascarwoman said:
Sorry muggle, good guess but not the right answer. Keep trying. If no one gets it, I'll post the answer after the race on Sunday.
Darn, I was sure that it was Fireball. He won $111,820 in 1958, I think. :)

Another guess, Buck Baker.

Back
Top Bottom