Nascar Trivia

At this week's race at Dover, the Drydene 400, the #32 car driven by Corey LaJoie is sponsored by Drydene Performance Products.

If Lajoie manages to win the race it will, of course, be considered quite an upset.

What was the last race to be won by a car whose primary sponsor was the same as the sponsor of the race ?

Extra credit: who drove the car and who was the sponsor ?

Sponsor: Boudreaux's butt paste.

Driver: Kevin Ray

Owner: Junie Donlavey

Sponsor: Boudreaux's butt paste.

Driver: Kevin Ray

Owner: Junie Donlavey

butt paste.jpg

Close but no cigar.

And I don't know what race you're referring to but feel free to put that stuff back in your medicine cabinet. :D

At this week's race at Dover, the Drydene 400, the #32 car driven by Corey LaJoie is sponsored by Drydene Performance Products.

If Lajoie manages to win the race it will, of course, be considered quite an upset.

What was the last race to be won by a car whose primary sponsor was the same as the sponsor of the race ?

Extra credit: who drove the car and who was the sponsor ?
Joey
Pennzoil 400
(Ironically win #22)

since there has been no response from SB22 I will post an easy question.

Who was the oldest driver to win rookie of the year and how old was he.

Harry Gant at 39 i think..... Ok name 5 roty winners from VA.....

I like the question @DRS3 came up with.... Rookie of the year winners from the state of Virginia? Hell, I have no idea. Ricky Rudd, Jeff Burton, Elliott Sadler are three of my guesses.....

I like the question @DRS3 came up with.... Rookie of the year winners from the state of Virginia? Hell, I have no idea. Ricky Rudd, Jeff Burton, Elliott Sadler are three of my guesses.....
Are you asking a question? or giving a answer?

How about for a start:

Jeff Burton
Ward Burton
Curtis Turner
Wendell Scott
Joe Weatherly
Ricky Rudd
Jimmy Hensley
Rick Mast
Elton Sawyer

Bill Dennis, Ronnie Thomas, Lennie Pond + the four previously mentioned....., Hamlin, JBurton, Rudd, Hensley

That is 7 drivers from VA that won ROTY. I don.t believe there are any others.

It was DRS3's question. "Name 5 roty winners from VA."

I don't know the answer, I just replied with my half assed guess.
2Sweet - since you and I both got about half the drivers correct why don't you go ahead and post the next question.

OK, here's one that combines two of my racing interests. Name two future Indy 500 winning drivers and one future 500 winning car owner who drove in the Daytona 500 BEFORE their first start at Indy.

Not a bad guess, but Rathman drove at Indy before there even was a Daytona 500. A little side trivia, the Rathman brothers swapped identities when they were younger so that the younger Jim could race. (Age requirement). Dick was born James, and brother Jim, Indy 500 winner, was born Richard.

Dan Gurney?? Parnellie Jones??

Congrats, you just got two out of three. Gurney ran the 1962 Daytona 500 in February driving a Ford for Holman-Moody. Despite several strong runs, Gurney failed to win the Indy 500 as a driver, but was the winning car owner in 1975 with driver Bobby Unser, and his Eagle chassis were among the very strongest cars in the early 70's.

Parnelli Jones' first NASCAR start goes back to 1956, but he made his Daytona 500 debut in 1960 driving a Ford for long time backer Vel Miletich and made his first Indy 500 start in 1961 driving a Watson Offy for JC Agajanian.

The final driver is from the same era and after a slow start to his career, became an Indy legend.

Two wild guesses!! Here' 2 more... Johnny Rutherford or Johnnie Parsons?? (sp.)

Back
Top Bottom