Nashville Ally 400 Pre-Race Thread

The only thing I have to say about the NBC broadcast right now is that it is annoying how often they bring up The Chase. "Oh this will have great implication for The Chase! This is how The Chase grid breaks down as of right now!" Meanwhile we're still 9 races away from the beginning of The Chase with the race at Darlington.

1687563600567.png

The only thing I have to say about the NBC broadcast right now is that it is annoying how often they bring up The Chase. "Oh this will have great implication for The Chase! This is how The Chase grid breaks down as of right now!" Meanwhile we're still 9 races away from the beginning of The Chase with the race at Darlington.
71 days to the CHASE
1704 hours to the CHASE
102,240 secouds to the CHASE!!!

I got a fever and the only thing that can cure it is the CHASE.

Time for my yearly NBC rant. With all the talk of Nascar moving to other countries to expand the market, you have no coverage the second half of the year except for the race itself here in Canada. I enjoy practice and qualifying and love to watch on tv. Rant over, Go Larson!!

Time for my yearly NBC rant. With all the talk of Nascar moving to other countries to expand the market, you have no coverage the second half of the year except for the race itself here in Canada. I enjoy practice and qualifying and love to watch on tv. Rant over, Go Larson!!
Shhh NBC is wonderful don't cha know? I get a crappy jerky stream of the USA network.

I think it’s funny that this took a Dover race, and races exactly how Dover used to

Goodyear Fast Facts — Nashville​

GOODYEAR TIRE NOTES

NASCAR Cup Series – Race No. 17 – 300 laps / 400 miles
Nashville Superspeedway (1.333-mile oval) – Lebanon, Tenn.
Fast Facts for June 24-25, 2023

Tire: Goodyear Eagle 18-inch Speedway Radials

Set limits: Cup – 3 sets for practice, 1 set for qualifying and 10 sets for the race (9 race sets plus 1 set transferred from qualifying)

Tire Codes: Left-side — D-5186; Right-side — D-5190

Tire Circumference: Left-side — 2,263 mm (89.09 in.); Right-side — 2,279 mm (89.72 in.)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front — 20 psi; Left Rear — 22 psi;
Right Front — 44 psi; Right Rear — 42 psi

Storyline – Nashville’s track surface provides multiple challenges: Nashville Superspeedway is unique among NASCAR race tracks, being the longest concrete track on the Cup circuit at 1.333 miles. That surface, along with the traction compound that the track applies to it, make it tough for drivers and teams to keep up with. Concrete always poses a challenge in taking rubber, so Goodyear designs its tread compounds to do that as quickly and consistently as possible. With the traction compound being applied just off the apron as well as up near the wall, drivers will likely use the lower lane early in the event and then some will move up the track searching for fresh concrete. Creating those multiple racing grooves is the goal.

“This week at Nashville we have a concrete surface to tackle, which means our number one goal is to lay down rubber,” said Greg Stucker, Goodyear’s director of racing. “With the aid of some traction compound and tires being dragged on the surface before we arrive, we will do that fairly quickly. After that, drivers will start to move up the track to find some grip they get from the fresher concrete. Having a full practice with three sets of tires on Friday, teams will get a good idea of how the surface evolves over the course of the weekend, and that will make for a good race on Sunday.”

Notes – Cup teams switch to Fontana/Vegas/Kansas tire set-up for Nashville: Being on an 18-inch bead diameter tire, NASCAR Cup teams will run a different tire set-up than those in the NASCAR Xfinity and Craftsman Truck Series at Nashville this Cup teams have run this same combination of left- and right-side tires at Fontana, Las Vegas and Kansas earlier this season . . . this is a different tire set-up than Cup teams ran at this track last season, with construction updates on both sides of the car . . .

71 days to the CHASE
1704 hours to the CHASE
102,240 secouds to the CHASE!!!

I got a fever and the only thing that can cure it is the CHASE.
But what about Chase’s chase to make the Chase? Everything he does maTTers!

Weather forecast rapidly changing. Storms now likely til 5-6pm track time so definitely a chance of a delay at the start. Second wave of rain looks like it'll be more scattered and not arriving til after 10pm.

Hopefully we get lucky and the race can start on time or the late night rain holds off.

I usually tune in right when they give the command. Always give me shivers when they say "Drivers, start your engine" and all the hotrods fire off.

Back
Top Bottom