Nashville Ally 400 Pre-Race Thread

I'm happy to see the complaining has begun before they even started. Turns out no one is making anyone watch the broadcast.....
I take that you have never sufferred from the post race trauma of hearing Jeff Burton in a full blown Falsetto going on and on all week long in your mind about every point or whatever matters,on and on it never stops.

I can be on the riding mower and I hear the voices. "dont miss a spot cause every blade of grass matters!
"every blade matters"
"every blade matters"
"EVERY BLADE MATTERS"

Even when I am doing my buisness in the restroom I can hear them commentating in their Falsetto's squrting "he needs to a good evacuation"
"every movement counts"
"every movement counts"
"every movement counts"

I took the wife on dinner date and I even could still hear the Falsetto voices then,
" he needs to open that car door for her cause every point matters"
" he needs to buy her some flowers cause every point matters"
" He just refused to sing along to her favorite Mike Bolten song, thats a DNF"
"Cause every point matters"

Lord help me!.

It's easier to mute the gerbils and turn on MRN than to do something about Fox's gimmicks and poor camera shot selection and missed action.

Reactions: sdj
I just find it extremely hilarious that the people always talking about how people complain to much, complain about NBC. They don’t see the hypocritical nature of it, and think they are right to complain because it’s something they hate. But oh boy complain about something Fox does and you’re bitching.

I dont need to mute. Cant hear them if I dont wear my hearing aids. Having hearing loss does have some perks.
I remember an old preacher that had a funny story. Everytime he visited one older members home the man would turn on his hearing aid when he realized he had company. He obviously kept it off when it was just him and his wife in the home.

I just find it extremely hilarious that the people always talking about how people complain to much, complain about NBC. They don’t see the hypocritical nature of it, and think they are right to complain because it’s something they hate. But oh boy complain about something Fox does and you’re bitching.

This would be good to use on people a time they cry gerbils thanks.

(Unless it’s someone who doesn’t get onto other people for complaining, so Greg is safe to do it all he wants since he doesn’t give people hell for stuff they don’t like)

I take that you have never sufferred from the post race trauma of hearing Jeff Burton in a full blown Falsetto going on and on all week long in your mind about every point or whatever matters,on and on it never stops.

I can be on the riding mower and I hear the voices. "dont miss a spot cause every blade of grass matters!
"every blade matters"
"every blade matters"
"EVERY BLADE MATTERS"

Even when I am doing my buisness in the restroom I can hear them commentating in their Falsetto's squrting "he needs to a good evacuation"
"every movement counts"
"every movement counts"
"every movement counts"

I took the wife on dinner date and I even could still hear the Falsetto voices then,
" he needs to open that car door for her cause every point matters"
" he needs to buy her some flowers cause every point matters"
" He just refused to sing along to her favorite Mike Bolten song, thats a DNF"

Lord help me!.
Sounds like you were able to stay ahead of the cut off with the wife. I don't think a couple of the gerbils made it.

I don’t mind Jr or Letarte, I find Burton somewhat annoying. However imo Rick Allen is really bad at his job with butchering big moments, being really over the top, trying to add more drama to a situation that already has enough and relying on his catchphrases multiple times a race while also proceeding to butcher those too. Give me cranky Mike Joy any day of the week.

Super stoked for this. WE were dominant until WE choked the chicken on the last stop.

Why the hell is this a 3 day show?

I don’t mind Jr or Letarte, I find Burton somewhat annoying. However imo Rick Allen is really bad at his job with butchering big moments, being really over the top, trying to add more drama to a situation that already has enough and relying on his catchphrases multiple times a race while also proceeding to butcher those too. Give me cranky Mike Joy any day of the week.
I would take Michael Waltrip over any of them and that is a really sad sad tragic very sad state of affairs.

• Haha
Reactions: sdj
1687206805183.png

NASCAR.com should try an MRN/PRN linked video feed, would be cool but probably not all the way synched.
I remember when “HotPass” did this on DIRECTV.

You could switch between driver audio and the TV broadcast, but during ESPN season, it was driver audio and MRN/PRN.

@StandOnIt , is there a break down on how much each charter gets for the fund? I would like to see BJ Mcleod vs HMS on a per charter amount.
What little I know is mostly a guess. It isn't simple to figure.

Similar to how stick and ball franchises receive shared revenue from TV contracts or licensing agreements, NASCAR Cup Series teams also receive similar benefits granted to them under the charter agreement.

First, understand that the value of all 36 charters are not equal.

The value of a charter is based on the historic significance of a team and the performance of its car over the past several seasons. How much a team makes at the end of the year is determined by a formula that takes into account the value of the charter and where the team finished in the championship standings.

There is also a collective bargaining element to the charter system.

However imo Rick Allen is really bad at his job with butchering big moments, being really over the top, trying to add more drama to a situation that already has enough and relying on his catchphrases multiple times a race while also proceeding to butcher those too.

Rick Allen was really good when he did the Truck Series for SPEED. I have to think that there's some pressure from NBC execs that led to him becoming a caricature.

This is a great race track by the way. Races hard like Dover with more passing opportunity

Rain chance after 10pm Sunday night. Should get it finished before then...but hopefully NASCAR pushes the start up a bit

Back
Top Bottom