Nationwide Kentucky

Didn't hear from Larson..

Whatever happen to him? Golden oportunity without cuppers wasted.

someone on nascar chat said they had 10,000 paid, so that isn't going to get any credos from some, but the track made money.

Didn't hear from Larson..

Whatever happen to him? Golden oportunity without cuppers wasted.
two weeks in a row his pit crew has screwed him up. told him to stay out with a tire rub last week, and he walled it. This week, fuel issue..probably didn't get gas in it, loose wheel..he said he had a vibration..they told him, to stay out and then the brakes went out

BUu_q_1CAAAe8BZ.jpg

two weeks in a row his pit crew has screwed him up. told him to stay out with a tire rub last week, and he walled it. This week, fuel issue..probably didn't get gas in it, loose wheel..he said he had a vibration..they told him, to stay out and then the brakes went out

Jeez, glad he's outta there next year.

Would you rather have seen Kyle Busch, Harvick, Logano or Keselowski win by 10 seconds?

Are you purposefully misunderstanding my point?
Cup drivers drive fan interest. That's what's known as a fact. There aren't enough hard-core fans to justify the Nationwide series if some Cup drivers don't race in it. The current business model of the Nationwide series requires Cup driver participation.

Cup drivers drive fan interest. That's what's known as a fact. There aren't enough hard-core fans to justify the Nationwide series if some Cup drivers don't race in it. The current business model of the Nationwide series requires Cup driver participation.
I like the idea of participation, Not infiltration.

:bsflag:

Richmond Spring race was also moved to ESPNews.

I'll need to work out the funky account requirements between FiOS and watchespn to get the feed. When I wire my PC and use the HDMI out, the picture quality and stream are almost broadcast quality.

Congrats to Ryan Blaney on the win and extending the owners points lead over the 54. This could be Rogers year to finally win a manufacturers championship.

:bsflag: :bsflag: :bsflag: :bsflag:

Last nights race and the other stand alone races are reason enough to limit the cup driver participation to one or two races a year. The last NNS race that was this good had zero cup drivers in it also.

No cup drivers in NNS = no NNS. The sponsors would bail. How do people not understand this?

The current business model of the Nationwide series requires Cup driver participation.

Who gives a rats ass about the business model?
It was great seeing a pure NW race without some attention wh#ring Cup drivers stinking up the show.

I thought it was a little bit of a dull race, but good win for Blaney although he didn't seem too thrilled about the win.

I thought it was a little bit of a dull race, but good win for Blaney although he didn't seem too thrilled about the win.

I think he is just pretty laidback in nature. Plus he was probably tired after being chased by Hornish and Dillon all night.:D

I'm still stumped why so many focus on drivers rather than the cup affiliated teams. We all saw Kyle Busch race for a non-affiliated team. The KB dominance was nowhere to be seen.
Maybe the answer is to keep cup teams, and their bottomless pit of money, out of nationwide. It could help even things up instead of total domination.
Some sort of a cap on how much is spent by all teams.

I don't know what their business model is but I doubt there was ever a plan for total domination by Cup drivers. If they weren't there, we'd still see good racing, rivalries and likely see some different faces/cars/sponsors for a change.

I think the NWS may actually flourish if the NWS drivers received the majority of the spotlight. They have personality, can drive and aren't afraid to mix it up when they have to.

I don't know what their business model is but I doubt there was ever a plan for total domination by Cup drivers. If they weren't there, we'd still see good racing, rivalries and likely see some different faces/cars/sponsors for a change.

I think the NWS may actually flourish if the NWS drivers received the majority of the spotlight. They have personality, can drive and aren't afraid to mix it up when they have to.
The nationwide series did flourish prior to 01.

That's just not true. The lack of Cup drivers is also why it gets shunted off to the ESPNews ghetto.
I looked back at the Nationwide tv schedule that I have hanging on my fridge @ home. This race was on the schedule for ESPNews since the schedule came out at the beginning of the year. Likewise for Richmond.

In fact, I'd venture to say the reason Nationwide is exiting is because the Nationwide Series is just a glorified Sprint Cup Series practice session. Series has no identity. And the stuff with drivers only being eligible for points in one series compounded that problem.

In fact, I'd venture to say the reason Nationwide is exiting is because the Nationwide Series is just a glorified Sprint Cup Series practice session. Series has no identity. And the stuff with drivers only being eligible for points in one series compounded that problem.

nationwide got mo marketin bang fer buck on this deal .....@$8 million /yr than lotsa cup sponors.

just gonna switch saddle on ta another hoss.....an put this one out ta pasture.

1...2...3 yrs from now...folks will still be callin it tha "nationwide " series........just like busch yrs ago.

Back
Top Bottom