NBC Crew Not Making Friends

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
NBC Crew vs HMS, begin!

IMG_9950.JPG

I heard one sentence saying he was in the pace car and it wasn't at the front of the race when it should have been featured. About the third of fourth caution I believe it was.

One thing to keep in mind is that drivers can be defensive and protective of engine builders and engine builders generally don't take very kindly to people saying an engine blew when it didn't. While I don't fault Rick Allen I can understand JJ wanting to set the record straight and if you don't think that makes a difference to the engine builders then.....we think differently......:D

As big of a Gordon fan as I am I was kind of whatever when I heard he was driving the pace car a few weeks ago.

Him pacing the 500 this year was a bigger deal imo.

Ingrid Gordon should take a chill pill.

Wait a second Jeff Gordon was in the pace car?!...

And to jimmies point, he might be conveying more of a message which other drivers are thinking, they're probably all analyzing this incredible decline... probably frustrated at the way they're being covered. So cheer Jimmie on for speaking up

Muchado about nothing.

And honestly, as far as fans being upset, NBC stuck with that race, on the main channel, until the bitter end. I'm shocked it never got shoved to NBCSN or CNBC.

Fair point. I think we just might be seeing a little frustration coming through from the other side of the garage. I think everyone is taken back by what they see... whether valid or not that's what I read a little of this as...

48 was obviously smoking like hell on the restart ...... start should have been aborted and the 48 black flagged ............ anybody knows that it was oil smoke and oil was most likely hitting the racing surface. I saw smoke pouring out before the restart ...... not tire rub smoke

48 was obviously smoking like hell on the restart ...... start should have been aborted and the 48 black flagged ............ anybody knows that it was oil smoke and oil was most likely hitting the racing surface. I saw smoke pouring out before the restart ...... not tire rub smoke
Hambone had the same thing except he took out a bunch of cars. Both could have been tire smoke It's the same color

Hambone had the same thing except he took out a bunch of cars. Both could have been tire smoke It's the same color

Both cars were obviously accidents waiting to happen !! I quickly predicted that both those cars would be wrecking soon. The smoke from the 48 was clearly coming from the engine area ...... not from a particular tire. But all this is just my opinion. JJ could have easily taken out half the field himself

IDK why Nascar doesn't use the black flag more especially seeing they went to the 5 minute clock for repair work. I understand that you don't want to end a car's day by flagging it without a very good reason but oiling up the track seems like a good reason to me. On the other hand Nascar did set a precedent when they allowed Harvick to jack up the field at Talladega knowing full well he could not accelerate.

One thing to keep in mind is that drivers can be defensive and protective of engine builders and engine builders generally don't take very kindly to people saying an engine blew when it didn't. While I don't fault Rick Allen I can understand JJ wanting to set the record straight and if you don't think that makes a difference to the engine builders then.....we think differently......:D

That makes sense to me. The broadcasters shouldn't assume.

I think we have finally found something Jeff Gordon doesn't care about.

I don't think you are on the 5 min clock for breakdowns, just wreck damage?

What did Ingrid say? Shared tweets don't come through?

I don't think you are on the 5 min clock for breakdowns, just wreck damage?

What did Ingrid say? Shared tweets don't come through?

If you are referring to me I meant oil leaking on the track as a comparison to the 5 minute clock. I know one of the reasons that Nascar implemented it was so hastily installed bits and pieces would not fall off and cause a caution. To me it is even more dangerous for a car to be putting down oil on the track and if it can be confirmed I think the car should be black flagged.

Mrs. Gordon needs to chill. Not a big deal.

A 7 time Cup champion doesn't need to justify his existence to a garbage man on Twitter.

Thick skin people.

With respect to Ingrid I am going to give her a pass because I know that some wives are very proud of their husband and children and like to see them acknowledged in a manner they approve of. I don't think it was done out of vanity or publicity but out of.....sigh.....love.....:blush:

If you are referring to me I meant oil leaking on the track as a comparison to the 5 minute clock. I know one of the reasons that Nascar implemented it was so hastily installed bits and pieces would not fall off and cause a caution. To me it is even more dangerous for a car to be putting down oil on the track and if it can be confirmed I think the car should be black flagged.
Gotcha...misunderstood your post....sorry

Mrs. Gordon needs to chill. Not a big deal.

A 7 time Cup champion doesn't need to justify his existence to a garbage man on Twitter.

Thick skin people.
They call Harvick the closer. You give JJ a sniff of the finish line and he goes into another level. He knows he had that race and it slipped away. He was all calm and cool when they interviewed him, but it came out on Twitter. He had speed,, the motor was running fine but an oil leak ruined his shot at a win.

After the race an interview with ky bush, he mentioned his "team mate wrecked him" or something to that affect. Team mate being the 78 car. Did he just let the cat out of the bag? everyone is led to believe the 78 is his own team, but kyle said "team mate" just food for thought.

They call Harvick the closer. You give JJ a sniff of the finish line and he goes into another level. He knows he had that race and it slipped away. He was all calm and cool when they interviewed him, but it came out on Twitter. He had speed,, the motor was running fine but an oil leak ruined his shot at a win.

Fair enough. No doubt he was disappointed. Had a great shot at the win. He's an incredible driver. The GOAT probably. Just seemed beneath him to engage with nobodies on Twitter.

Back
Top Bottom