NBC Crew Not Making Friends

IDK much about Twitter but it sure seems like it gets a lot of people in hot water and I am capable of making enough trouble for myself so I am steering clear of it........:D

I do think that Twitter can be a real value and appreciate a lot of the tweets posted here but I think a person needs to be careful not to over do it. JMO.
After the race an interview with ky bush, he mentioned his "team mate wrecked him" or something to that affect. Team mate being the 78 car. Did he just let the cat out of the bag? everyone is led to believe the 78 is his own team, but kyle said "team mate" just food for thought.

I think it was meant more as a fellow Toyota driver then as a teammate. I know there is some sort of alliance between FRR and JGR but I think both teams have autonomy from one another. JMO.

After the race an interview with ky bush, he mentioned his "team mate wrecked him" or something to that affect. Team mate being the 78 car. Did he just let the cat out of the bag? everyone is led to believe the 78 is his own team, but kyle said "team mate" just food for thought.

Team mate in the sense they are Toyota drivers. The 78 owner is his own man and NOT in any way a part of JGR. The 77 ran because of Toyota NOT Joe Gibbs.

Nothing story here

Jimmie was responding to some nobody for giving him **** for racing into turn 4 instead of laying over...not Rick Allen

"Corporate" teammate

IDK why Nascar doesn't use the black flag more especially seeing they went to the 5 minute clock for repair work. I understand that you don't want to end a car's day by flagging it without a very good reason but oiling up the track seems like a good reason to me. On the other hand Nascar did set a precedent when they allowed Harvick to jack up the field at Talladega knowing full well he could not accelerate.

I wonder if there's a double standard at work, they were plenty willing to double-black Timmy Hill at Michigan a couple years ago...

I think it was meant more as a fellow Toyota driver then as a teammate. I know there is some sort of alliance between FRR and JGR but I think both teams have autonomy from one another. JMO.

There's no autonomy between any teams, not since Lord Kauffman re-organized NASCAR into the Race Team Monopoly...

Last edited:
IMO Nascar has all sorts of shifting standards and if you want your eyes opened Google "Carl Long" and find out how Nascar did him wrong. Hopefully they will arrive at a point where they become consistent.

I remember the Long incident. That was especially heinous since they burned him off the Cup tour for eight years but did nothing to RCR, who sold him the engine. (and Long wasn't even the first person to get DQed while using second-hand Childress gear...)

Either way, though, the treatment of Long was heinous.
There is no either way.

I'd categorize the penalty as ridiculous. The engine was worn out and produced piston slap leading to failure. Carl got what he paid for .. or rather was never able to pay for.

Wasn't Ratcliff fined $200K for the 2013 engine penalty? Not like they weren't consistent. Unless we want NASCAR to start factoring in teams' finances when determining penalties.

Wasn't Ratcliff fined $200K for the 2013 engine penalty? Not like they weren't consistent. Unless we want NASCAR to start factoring in teams' finances when determining penalties.
Yes ... JGR was fined that amount.

Also ridiculous. I am nothing if not consistent.

Yes, he was fined 200k, and the appeals board held that up. But I think the issue with Long is not the fine per se, but the fact that they used it to effectively bar him from being able to pay it by blackballing him from the Cup Series "until he could pay it". (which given the tiny margins in the lower series for anyone not in a fully-sponsored top-tier entry, meant never)

Reactions: Pat
A few years ago during the pre race Southern 500 celebration, a bunch of all time great drivers were shown by the NBC Cameras, but who wasn't?

D.W.

Yes, he was fined 200k, and the appeals board held that up. But I think the issue with Long is not the fine per se, but the fact that they used it to effectively bar him from being able to pay it by blackballing him from the Cup Series "until he could pay it". (which given the tiny margins in the lower series for anyone not in a fully-sponsored top-tier entry, meant never)
NASCAR doesn't finance penalties over time?

How odd.

Yes ... JGR was fined that amount.

Also ridiculous. I am nothing if not consistent.
I'm no engineer but being a couple of grams light (or having a displacement even somewhat too large) seems like something that should be addressed...unless it were something that really wouldn't provide any benefit and mess with the balance, but I'm not too technical.

Didn't they offer to let him race with an increased entry fee that would be spread out over a range of races.

Last edited:
I'm no engineer but being a couple of grams light (or having a displacement even somewhat too large) seems like something that should be addressed...unless it were something that really wouldn't provide any benefit and mess with the balance, but I'm not too technical.
The TRD engine thing was strange. The big ends of two connecting rods were light ... the other six were fine. They had to add crankshaft journal weight to stay in balance. There's no advantage gained from any of that.

I thought it was more of a quality control issue and couldn't figure out why they would use those rods at all.

Kyle has never had a team mate

IDK much about Twitter but it sure seems like it gets a lot of people in hot water and I am capable of making enough trouble for myself so I am steering clear of it........:D

I do think that Twitter can be a real value and appreciate a lot of the tweets posted here but I think a person needs to be careful not to over do it. JMO.

Later on kyle petty made sure they were not "teammates". The 77 is a gibbs car and runs out of the same shop as the 78, (right?) if so, do they pull a curtain across or draw a line on the floor and tells the other team not to look over here or cross that line? How does that work?

Well if Kyle Petty says so, we all should know it. If he says the King said it well then we really really double dog know we should know it.

Rick Allen is full of it. What communication did he hear?

I was listening to JJ's radio, they said nothing of blowing up. And what, Rick Allen heard them convey that in 15 seconds from green to the backstretch?

He has the perfect voice for being the announcer for any game show Wink Martindale hosted.
LOL X 2 Runner up is motor mouth Steve Leotard. ( nice guy but I can only take about 15 seconds of him this year ) I have no idea where Jr. fits into this group.

Back
Top Bottom