NBC in, ESPN and TNT out in 2015

Awesome news! Guess this means ESPN is dropping all of their Nationwide races as well?

Andy's not going to like this . He's already written Nascar's obituary .;)

Good news for sure, if it's done right. Hopefully this means Fox has no plans to go premium with FS1, because I don't think NBC has plans to do that with their sports network.

So will this be on NBC or NBCSports? I assume the Nationwide races will be on the secondary channels.

Sounds to me like the TV package will more closely resemble what we had from 2001-06, with Fox having the first half of the season and NBC/NBCSN having the second half. I don't know if Fox and NBC will alternate the Daytona 500 as they did in years past, but the official announcement is supposed to come at 3pm ET, so maybe we'll know more then.

Sounds to me like the TV package will more closely resemble what we had from 2001-06, with Fox having the first half of the season and NBC/NBCSN having the second half. I don't know if Fox and NBC will alternate the Daytona 500 as they did in years past, but the official announcement is supposed to come at 3pm ET, so maybe we'll know more then.

No. The Daytona 500 is exclusively on FOX until 2022. NBC will probably get the Firecracker.

FOX re-upped long before the contract negotiations began and paid a big chunk of change for it. Something like that comes with benefits.

No. The Daytona 500 is exclusively on FOX until 2022. NBC will probably get the Firecracker.

FOX re-upped long before the contract negotiations began and paid a big chunk of change for it. Something like that comes with benefits.
2.4 billion Gluck said I think?

Sooo ?....what ? .....Nascar's not going down the tubes ? What about all the poor racing ? Bad Management ? Letting women in ? Having a possible 6 time champion? o_O

Sooo ?....what ? .....Nascar's not going down the tubes ? What about all the poor racing ? Bad Management ? Letting women in ? Having a possible 6 time champion? o_O

Who says the Frances can't make a ton of money while the sport suffers lower and lower ratings and attendance? Brian found a way, and I still suspect will eventually involve paying for a premium sports package.....or 2.

ESPN's going to have to put all their eggs in the NBA basket. That contract is up in a few years and FOX is already threatening to bid for NBA rights.

"The Worldwide Leader in Sports" now only has NBA, MLB, College Football and NFL.
NBC has NASCAR, NFL, the Olympic Games, Premier League soccer, Formula 1, IndyCar and NHL.
FOX Sports has NFL, MLB, NASCAR and College Football.

Bristol, CT is burning.

Who says the Frances can't make a ton of money while the sport suffers lower and lower ratings and attendance? Brian found a way, and I still suspect will eventually involve paying for a premium sports package.....or 2.

I suppose . Must be kinda like selling seats on the Titanic , huh?

I suppose . Must be kinda like selling seats on the Titanic , huh?

NBC needs NASCAR. And NASCAR needs NBC more than it knows. Staying with ESPN would've been a disaster.

So according to Jayski's (only source I read so far) the first half of the NNS and the 6 TNT cup races are still up for grabs. So more money in their pocket probably.

As much as Andy will tell you NBC is the new Joey Logano this could be bad news. With both Fox and NBC paying so much expect commercials out the wazoo.
Maybe that's it. The networks pay a ton and nascar sets no limit on commercials.

Seven Cup races and four Nationwide races on NBC. The rest on NBCSN. I imagine those seven races would consist of Indu, Daytona and a few Chase races.

Hopefully, this will mark the end of a former NBA player being an analyst for NASCAR. I like Brad, but he often says the obvious.

One thing left to speculate over the next 16 months is who from TNT and ESPN will move over to NBC.

Good news for some of us. That has been pretty much my harp, attendance at the track is pretty much a drop in the bucket for the Nascar owned tracks. Reducing seating at the flagship track is an indicator of that. Don't know if track owners not in the ISC get a take of the TV money, Bruton Smith doing flip flops to try to bring in fans to his tracks might be because he doesn't get a cut and makes his money by attendance. But if nothing else, the doomsayers who whine about the lack of attendance, the so called bad ratings and predict the end of Nascar will be not believing this news anyway despite the facts that say different. The glass is always half empty for those folks.

Say what you will, NASCAR has two committed networks. Remember, FOX Sports 1 happened in spite of David Hill not because of him. Turner has no reason to care about NASCAR anymore and ESPN wanted it for cross promotion.

Remember how FOX got FX available on basic tier cable?

I also remember that it wasn't very good for the average fan as many didn't get FX until a few seasons into the deal. Also just because NBCSN has Nascar doesn't me the cable companies will bite right now. Astros and Rocket fans in Houston and surrounding area have not been able to watch their teams play for while entire seasons because NBC can't make a simple deal with the local cable companies for CSN. Fans will suffer. I won't as I already have NBCSN, unless my cable company decides to move it to a sports package or something.

ESPN's going to have to put all their eggs in the NBA basket. That contract is up in a few years and FOX is already threatening to bid for NBA rights.

"The Worldwide Leader in Sports" now only has NBA, MLB, College Football and NFL.
NBC has NASCAR, NFL, the Olympic Games, Premier League soccer, Formula 1, IndyCar and NHL.
FOX Sports has NFL, MLB, NASCAR and College Football.

Bristol, CT is burning.
Dont forget college basketball. From November to April, college basketball makes up about 70% of the ESPN programming block(in my estimation) across all their networks.

Back
Top Bottom