NBC SHOULD BE ASHAMED for screwing up the Earnhardt tribute

aroundgoes

Team Owner
They talked over Childress driving the car around the track so you couldn't hear the engine, you had to, for some reason, see Rutledge Wood's face while the car is on the track, then they cut away so SCREAMING JEFF BURTON could talk to Chase so we missed Childress smashing the gas down the backstretch and they didn't even interview Childress afterwards

NBC you should be ashamed

They screwed it up trying to cram everything in the run to the Green, and did not properly cover a well publicized featured event -- but they did do a Childress/Morris interview afterward.

Where the hell did that Rutledge guy come from? He' annoying AF and seems to be popping up everywhere. Does his family own NASCAR or one of the TV networks?

If you have any form of social media like Twitter or Facebook the NASCAR on NBC pages showed Childress running it wide open on the backstretch. I’ll agree with you they screwed up not interviewing RC before or after he jumped in the 3 but overall is this really that big of a deal?

The fact that he drove it that fast with Morris in there with no seat or seat belt was hilarious. I bet NASCAR didn't like that too much tho.

This sport still revolves around Dale Sr?
I have to say...the majority of fans NASCAR is tailored to right now (younger fans), don't give a **** about Dale Sr. Unfortunate, but that's the reality. He's a thing or the pass, and the market NASCAR is gearing towards probably doesn't care. Dale's myth is dying in terms of NASCAR media and the fan base.. I think he is just going to become another really great driver of the past in the next 25 years.

Fox putting him at #6 all time sort of shows this. Not saying I agree with this. But this is where it's going.

People don't care about Dale as much anymore because people are younger. I'm speaking towards the new generation of fans, not for myself

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyone see the Joe Rogan podcast when Jr talked about his father...as a father? Certainly explained Dale Jr's lack of confidence at times.

Last edited:
I’m a little curious as to why they did this tribute this year, next year would have made more sense as that will be the 20th anniversary of Sr’s last win.

Go look at social media comments. Alot of people tuned in just to see that
That would imply they don't look at racing otherwise. If so, those folks are already gone as fans, and probably have been for 19 years.

There are people who are fans of specific participants and others who are fans of a sport in general. Nothing wrong either way but if a sport can't convert the first to the second, it will lose them when that person is gone. Indeed, the sport itself never had them as fans.

Not to defend NBC, but I wonder how much "hurry up mode -- rain" had to do with it? They are also driven by sponsors money which impacts what to show or cut out.

You want something to be ashamed of? Two cars wreck coming off turn 4 on the last lap, with Klingerman going head on into the wall, and the booth never mentions them. Not live, not during any replays. I stayed with the DVR for ten minutes after the race ended and there was no update of their status.

You won't know where you're going if you don't know where you've been. The general public's lack of awareness, understanding and appreciation of history is sad and pathetic.

There's a difference between being aware of the past and living in it.

This sport's obsession with Dale Earnhardt has been a detriment for a long time now.

"NASCAR died when Dale died."

"Raise hell, Praise Dale."

"3 for Dale."

This sport can't ever be about the new stars if it's forever in the shadow of the last lap of the 2001 Daytona 500.

This sport's obsession with Dale Earnhardt has been a detriment for a long time now.

"3 for Dale."

This sport can't ever be about the new stars if it's forever in the shadow of the last lap of the 2001 Daytona 500.
Agree. He’s dead. Move on.

You want something to be ashamed of? Two cars wreck coming off turn 4 on the last lap, with Klingerman going head on into the wall, and the booth never mentions them. Not live, not during any replays. I stayed with the DVR for ten minutes after the race ended and there was no update of their status.
The booth did mention them, I don't recall word for word, but it was before the call in show started.

I have to say...the majority of fans NASCAR is tailored to right now (younger fans), don't give a sh!t about Dale Sr. Unfortunate, but that's the reality. He's a thing or the pass, and the market NASCAR is gearing towards probably doesn't care. Dale's myth is dying in terms of NASCAR media and the fan base.. I think he is just going to become another really great driver of the past in the next 25 years.

Fox putting him at #6 all time sort of shows this. Not saying I agree with this. But this is where it's going.

People don't care about Dale as much anymore because people are younger. I'm speaking towards the new generation of fans, not for myself

I grew up watching Sr and I dont really give a **** TBH. I respect what he did in his career but thats about it.

"3 for Dale."

I disagree. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging the past. The secret is to learn from it
which many of the new young guns haven't yet. I admit with the change in cars, many of the moves can no longer easily be done. Having said that, I did see in today's race a few were able to pull the sling shot move which was gone for many years.

I disagree. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging the past. The secret is to learn from it
which many of the new young guns haven't yet. I admit with the change in cars, many of the moves can no longer easily be done. Having said that, I did see in today's race a few were able to pull the sling shot move which was gone for many years.

There's a difference between acknowledging the past and being stuck in it.

"3 for Dale."

I wasn't even an Earnhardt fan, and I have to admit that his death effected me more profoundly than the passing of many of my own relatives. I don't see where having reverence for his memory and celebrating his profound contribution for this sport has anything to do with not being able to celebrate and enjoy those that have followed in his foot steps. I had a chance to pay homage to another racing hero of mine this past weekend, a man I never met, a man I never saw race, a man that had been dead for thirteen years when I was born. I stood all alone on a chilly Sunday morning on frost covered ground in a picturesque cemetery in Vernon Indiana and paid my respects to the greatest native born Hoosier racing legend (no offense Tony Stewart and Steve Kinser) the one and only Wilbur Shaw. Never forget those that blazed the trail and never stop celebrating their greatness.......

Hmm Childress shows up with a winning car for their 50th and for Talladega's 50th year anniversary and Childress and the general manager of the track go way back. So some broke ass goofs have a problem with it who cares, I thought it was cool. The brand ass new Camaro for the pace car with Childress driving it, I guess that would be a problem also.

Hard telling, that track is huge so pn TV the speed doesn't show that well. Here's another clip and it doesn't look that fast to me anyway, but it was

NBC dropped the ball for this entire race. Commercial every 5 green flag laps, missed 2 wrecks because they had a full screen in-car view of a steering wheel where you couldn't see anything, didn't let us know Larson or Bowman were put of their cars until 20 minutes after that scary wreck, didn't let us know about condition of other drivers until many minutes after the other wrecks, missed a lot of obvious instances where drivers hit the wall, completely ignored a car (possibly Wallace) passing below yellow lines near end of stage 2, constantly talked over spotter audio and couldn't make sense of what anyone was saying for minutes on end, and much more that I'm probably forgetting.

Thank goodness Coke ponied up the money for side-by-side commercial breaks in the final stage, otherwise this may have been the worst broadcasted race ever.

"3 for Dale."

You go on this rant every time the #3 is brought up.

Disliking popular things does not make you an interesting person.

I wasn't even an Earnhardt fan, and I have to admit that his death effected me more profoundly than the passing of many of my own relatives. I don't see where having reverence for his memory and celebrating his profound contribution for this sport has anything to do with not being able to celebrate and enjoy those that have followed in his foot steps. I had a chance to pay homage to another racing hero of mine this past weekend, a man I never met, a man I never saw race, a man that had been dead for thirteen years when I was born. I stood all alone on a chilly Sunday morning on frost covered ground in a picturesque cemetery in Vernon Indiana and paid my respects to the greatest native born Hoosier racing legend (no offense Tony Stewart and Steve Kinser) the one and only Wilbur Shaw. Never forget those that blazed the trail and never stop celebrating their greatness.......

Did not see this but I can imagine how it felt
Was at Talladega fall of 1993
When Donnie Allison drove Davey’s car around the track before the race
Got the chills on my arms while typing this

IMO, It’s such a lazy narrative to complain every time Dale Sr, his Family and the 3 are brought up. That man was the world to a great many people, why do we have to be accused of living in the past if fans want to pay tribute to that every once in a while. Think about this: it’s 50 years of Dega and 50 years of RCR, why is it such a bad idea to bring that Goodwrench 3 back onto the track to celebrate both? I can’t understand the need to complain about it, hell if it bothered you that much NBC did a half ass job of even covering it, you barely saw it! You actively had to go onto social media to find coverage of it. Some on here need to complain just to complain, it really just sucks the life out of you.

Back
Top Bottom