NCAA Basketball 2023-2024

FWIW I think the media calling out Caitlin Clark’s antics in the WVU game was fair game.

But there’s clearly more to it when the same outlets perpetually defend Angel Reese. I want to like Reese, she’s talented, passionate, and gorgeous as hell. I’m all for trash talk and taunting in sports, but Reese takes it too far.

FWIW I think the media calling out Caitlin Clark’s antics in the WVU game was fair game.

But there’s clearly more to it when the same outlets perpetually defend Angel Reese. I want to like Reese, she’s talented, passionate, and gorgeous as hell. I’m all for trash talk and taunting in sports, but Reese takes it too far.
Reese gets tons of flack though. The LA Times piece - which I thought was really bad - pretty clearly stated what the writer thought of her and the team, and it wasn’t anything nice. And it was the same during last year’s title run.

Reese gets tons of flack though. The LA Times piece - which I thought was really bad - pretty clearly stated what the writer thought of her and the team, and it wasn’t anything nice. And it was the same during last year’s title run.

And the USA Today literally wrote an article saying black athletes should be celebrated, NOT Caitlin Clark, because college basketball should be a black women's sport.

Reese gets tons of flack, but if Clark gets the amount she gets, Reese should get soooooooooooo much more because she's honestly earned the reputation she has.

I've tried to like Angel Reese because I do think her presence is good for women's basketball. But she's extremely unlikeable.

And again, as someone who is pro-taunting, I really thought Reese's taunting last year was classless. If you come up talking **** and gesturing me and I ignore you, that's the end of it. If I'm walking away from someone and they follow me around and continue running their mouth or whatever, my response is NOT going to be kind. One of my biggest peeves.

Clemson is looking good early against Bama.

3 ACC teams will be in final 8 if they win.
2 SEC teams will be in the final 8 if Bama wins

And the USA Today literally wrote an article saying black athletes should be celebrated, NOT Caitlin Clark, because college basketball should be a black women's sport.

Reese gets tons of flack, but if Clark gets the amount she gets, Reese should get soooooooooooo much more because she's honestly earned the reputation she has.

I've tried to like Angel Reese because I do think her presence is good for women's basketball. But she's extremely unlikeable.

And again, as someone who is pro-taunting, I really thought Reese's taunting last year was classless. If you come up talking **** and gesturing me and I ignore you, that's the end of it. If I'm walking away from someone and they follow me around and continue running their mouth or whatever, my response is NOT going to be kind. One of my biggest peeves.
People, especially media, are freaking weird about race. The South Carolina women dealt with some embarrassing commentary about their style last year.

I tend to agree with you though, Clark and Reese are both ****-talkers and whiners simultaneously, Reese just takes it further at times in the former. I think she feeds more off of Mulkey in that sense. But they are who they are and makes for a much more interesting show.

Alabama was pretty much unstoppable the way they were hitting those three pointers and taking the easy lays-ups they created

Clemson didn't help themselves at the foul line but it was more about Alabama winning than Clemson losing imo.

Alabama was pretty much unstoppable the way they were hitting those three pointers and taking the easy lays-ups they created

Clemson didn't help themselves at the foul line but it was more about Alabama winning than Clemson losing imo.
It’s always tough to beat a team when they shoot 45% from 3. Sears was phenomenal.

I was highly wary of Alabama because of their defense coming in, but they do just enough on that side of the floor now that scoring 85+ is good enough to get the win.

Basketball is my third favorite stick and ball sport, I follow football the most, baseball is a distant second so I am less trustful of my basketball knowledge.

But I think a lot of opportunities are wasted chasing those difficult 3 point shots. I am all for taking them when they are available especially when you have a good run goung and to make the opposition extend their defensive coverage.

But in most cases I would be working more on getting easier two point shots. It just seems like they almost always default to the three point desperation whenever they are trailing and in many cases it doesn't pay.

How did NC State ever play themselves down to being a below average ACC team during the regular season, then just turn on some magic power switch in March.

DJ Burns is my new all time favorite non Michigan player
When someone my age first thought is 'that guy is so chill" you have to know nothing phases him. He might not win it all but he will never let the moment get to him.

Edey vs. Burns will be a really fascinating matchup. Edey doesn’t usually have to play physical defense but will have to against Burns in all likelihood. On the other hand, Edey is the best in the nation by far at drawing fouls. Burns will need to be careful not to play himself off the floor due to foul trouble or else State will be screwed next weekend.

At the end of the first half I thought Duke had then where they wanted them and that NC State was finally bow out after what has already been a very remarkable post season.

But they just sent Duke home again, for a second time this year if you count the ACC tournament as well.

NC State has been so much fun. I hope they win it all

Devils don’t win on Easter.

It’s pretty incredible the Triangle schools had never met in the NCAAT before and then it happened twice in three years. Even better Duke lost both.

Well, I guess it’s good it wasn’t enough anyone noticed through the first four games, and both sides would’ve had to play through it anyways. Not a good look at all though. The operations side of the women’s tournament still needs more care since it’s such a big deal now.

Been a problem for them every game I’ve watched just about.
It’s also Angel Reese on the other side. Huge mismatch for any team. Though she’s been slowed down a bit since her ankle got tweaked, and getting O’Grady on the floor was a nice adjustment by Bluder.

I hope Hailey Van Lith has a solid finance internship lined up. She’s selling. The grass ain’t always greener in the other side.

Angel Reese can do no wrong in ESPN’s eyes.

Even if that was questionable, the foul before that was not called wasn’t questionable.

IMG_3373.jpeg

The Caitlin Clark Effect.

I think it sucks Reese was clearly hobbled from her ankle tweak, because she was a force in the first half. But the better team won, Iowa outplayed them and Bluder outcoached Mulkey.

Legacy game for Clark. Phenomenal performance. She really is the complete player.

Back
Top Bottom