New Smart TV

I don't know how E-waste is handled where you live but in my area we have to take stuff like that to specific locations to be discarded. The bad thing is, you're charged by the pound. I don't remember the cost but when my Dad passed last year, I had to throw away a couple of those big tube type televisions along with some other random electronic devices. I had to pay more than $100. :mad:
Last time i had to get rid of a TV it wasn't a problem at local recycle center. But that's been 5 or so years ago. We will see tomorrow. If i can get it on my truck without hurting myself.

So... ended up with a Roku and no TV to plug it into. Had previous experience with Roku and liked it so went that direction. Since not working, pinching pennies till after first of the year. Hopefully find work in January. So...no TV until then.

Need to put my main laptop back together. 17" screen and fairly good sound. Can use it to watch Prime or Netflix. Tempted to snatch up a $25-30 used TV. Would be nice to have a backup. Maybe I'll make the jump tomorrow.

Stumbled onto a new Hisense 40" standard TV for $100. Was a Christmas gift. I'm pleasantly surprised at the sound quality. Or at least the volume. Have it on 7 out of 100 for volume. Connected the Roku. All set till she blows up.

For anyone that questions the quality of these I'm pleasantly surprised. I have the sound set to accentuate speech so it might not suit everyone. I'll look at the settings after this movie.

Back
Top Bottom