New tire for 2021

NASCAR should go to multiple tire compounds. colour them so everyone knows if you are on the soft or hards.
Limit tire sets of each

The impetus behind the change, according to Goodyear’s Director or Racing Greg Stucker, is to help make the cars look more like the ones a customer would drive off the showroom floor.
This is where the article lost my interest

I have no idea what the rule book says in that class. You say steel rotors are required so are the the rotor size and caliper type also?

Many sports car classes over the years have specified steel rotors in an attempt to control costs, although many of the teams argue that the longer service life of the carbon rotors would offset the cost difference. To my knowledge, there is no size restriction beyond what you can fit on the car. Many of these brake packages are also set up so that you can replace the entire rotor/caliper/pad package as a unit during the race for 24 hour races. A good team can change out all four and not lose a lap under caution at Daytona.

There is a list of NASCAR-approved brake component part numbers.

If cost control is still an objective, why would they add to it?

There is a list of NASCAR-approved brake component part numbers.

If cost control is still an objective, why would they add to it?

Just for the record, I never said they WOULD. I'm just saying that left without regulation, the teams would make use of that space. Honestly, I wasn't even aware that they had an approved list. Back in the day it pretty wide open. Other than replacement rotors, most of the brakes I worked on were all Cup hand -me-downs, and I saw a little of everything from brands, to size to pad style etc.

Back
Top Bottom