New "what are you listening to thread"

You might want to check out some of Paul Butterfield's stuff on the Blues side.Hell of a blues harp player.

Pretty good Jazz men are Les McCann or Eddie Harris
Same **** going on then as now if you listen to the words

I actually hate that song that I posted. I just think it is funny and the thread title is "what are you listening to?". And I was listening to it against my will

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

sorry man that wasn't pointed at you, just some of today's music? if you can call it that in general.

I would like to think that if I was a young whipper I would be able to find better music than what was on mainstream radio. Today it is probably pretty impossible unless there was a college station around. Back then I know I was listening to a black station in St Lou call sign KATZ, (the cat's man) and was listening to blues jazz and soul music That wouldn't turn a grove on mainstream stations.

I would like to think that if I was a young whipper I would be able to find better music than what was on mainstream radio. Today it is probably pretty impossible unless there was a college station around. Back then I know I was listening to a black station in St Lou call sign KATZ, (the cat's man) and was listening to blues jazz and soul music That wouldn't turn a grove on mainstream stations.
The worst part is that the song is all over the local college radio station 88.1 WZIP in Akron, Ohio

probably political, but the schools have almost eliminated music out of their curriculum unless they can play football songs. so there is that.The little hic school my step son went to had a little jazz band the teacher put together on his own time, My boy was in it..pretty proud he got that experience.

Last edited:
I always thought Return To Forever was just kind of odd but cool

The name, I mean. The music was incredible. Al DiMeola on lead guitar, Stanley Clarke on Bass, Lenny White on drums and the legendary Chick Corea on keyboards

My girl's album finally came out. I've already listened to it a few times. It's pretty darn good.

In my best top 40 D.J. voice...Slappin a jam for that AndyMarquis. He's got a super women thing goin on

I don't know how or why I got on this Natalie Merchant /10,000 Maniacs kick , but I have
enjoyed going through all the old 10KM videos . I forgot about this video which I believe
was their first to be aired on MTV . This was kind of the dawn of Alternative music.

This was a new group to me. Unique sound, I really like the bagpipe integration with the heavy metal.

Neurosis was one of the first bands I tried listening to when I initially started listening to metal. I liked a couple of their songs but just couldn't get into them overall. On a whim, I looked them up on YouTube and watched this video, and I was like "wow, they're not nearly as bad as I remember."

I'm totally into them now.

I was once interested in this duo during my high school days. One could obviously figure out why I liked them. ;) Their music really wasn't half bad. One of their songs was once a WWE athletes entrance theme which is where I first heard of them. It's not my style anymore, but I came across their video while browsing Youtube, so I figured I'd share.

I don't know anything else these guys do but I really like this one. It speaks to me lately

Vedder looked surprised when Young walked out. I wonder if that was planned or not?
Big Neil fan through the years. His stuff is fairly easy and fun to play along with on guitar.

yeah me too, from back in Buffalo Springfield days. Neil wrote the song so there is that. Crowd seemed to love it.
Here is an old Buffalo Springfield tune This one hooked me

Furray sings the lead here

Kiefer is one of Stones Throw's new signees and he is a trained jazz pianist... The guy is absolutely sublime:

I'm not big on djent/metalcore anymore, but Jinjer's newest album, King of Everything, is surprisingly good.

I listened to a bunch of music while playing Everybody's Golf today, including these two albums. It took me a little while to get into Alvvays's newest album, but it's finally starting to grow on me. This song is really good.

Solid Florence and the Machine track right here. I hadn't listened to this album for a while and forgot how good it is.

I was shocked to find out that this was Kesha. I guess people do become more mature as they age, but this is a huge improvement from her earlier stuff.

Back
Top Bottom