New "what are you listening to thread"

Good voice on Brennan Leigh. Listened to a few more of her songs and glad you posted her music. Really like that Texas Honky tonk sound. As soon as I started listening to If, Tommy Duncan Voice Were Booze, and was thinking how much fun it would be to do the two-step on a sawdust covered floor. 👍

Good voice on Brennan Leigh. Listened to a few more of her songs and glad you posted her music. Really like that Texas Honky tonk sound. As soon as I started listening to If, Tommy Duncan Voice Were Booze, and was thinking how much fun it would be to do the two-step on a sawdust covered floor. 👍
Some of her stuff that is backed up by Asleep at the Wheel are some of my favorites.

Here is a good hug em up on the dance floor lol

This is a good tune. I listened to it last night when finding other songs by Brennan. I like the arrangements by Asleep at the Wheel and with her clear voice, they make a good combination.

Almost every evening after my Bride goes in, I search Spotify for new singers and bands. I missed a lot when in business. It was a case where listening to music was like the lights were on but no one was home as I heard the music but rarely lis70s, '80s andtened to the vocals or the lyrics. It is almost as if a whole new world has opened to me to refresh some of the bands and sounds of the '70s, '80s and '90s is being resurrected in my musical education.

Keep posting these country and blues singers. The rock and hard rock not so much but Clapton and others like him are good. I'm always wanting to hear new to me performers. Ones I might have listened to years ago but never heard. Until now. But, Brennan is definitely a keeper. 👍

Pretty much the opposite here. Mom put the record player on top of the upright piano to keep me away from it when I was a little tyke. I climbed up there and played it anyway. She said she was worried about me scratching the records, but I learned fast how not to do that.
I'm all over the place on what types of music I like. I did Spotify years ago, but it kept locking me into a certain type of music so when I found Youtube I can jump around a bit easier. It's super great for artists that are locked out by the gatekeepers to be able to get their songs out to be heard.

When I was a tyke, my oldest sister was 12 years my senior. It was the beginning or early years of WWII and the big bands were the music of the day, along with country. I loved the big band sound and used to go into her room while she was in high school and play her records. She left for college and took her Victrola but finished college early and in 1944 enlisted in the Women's Auxiliary Volunteer Enlistment Service, a/k/a, WAVES. She couldn't take her Victrola to boot camp and I was in in hog heaven, left with her numerous records and record player.

Several years alter, a friend and I made a club house in an old chicken coop and each morning at ten, we tuned a radio to WNEW in NYC and listened to The Make Believe Ballroom with Martin Block and later, William B. Williams. Both excellent disc jockeys.
In the fifties music changed and rock and roll was in and dying a slow death the big band sound faded while Bill Haley and Chubby Checker, Buddy Holly and "Elvis, the pelvis," were rapid rising stars bringing new styles of music.

Every Monday I prepare coffee and get donuts for a group of guys who volunteer to do odd jobs for the community. They start at seven and quit at nine then come to the clubhouse for the coffee and donuts and sit around and chatter for a half hour or more. I began taking a bluetooth speaker and created a playlist of 1980's country and much to my surprise, the guys loved it. So I began expanding the tracks to include new vocalists, such as Brennen Leigh, who don't sound like phony country twangers but epitomize, at least in my opinion, how country music should be. I plan to put three or four of her tunes scattered within the list for this coming week. Be interesting to see the reaction as they usually comment about my selections.

Right now I'm listening to DJD podcast series "Becoming Earnhardt." As a person who's a history nerd and who loves stock car racing, I've really come to enjoy this series and I hope Dale Jr. does series like this for other historic drivers. I would love a podcast series on Smoky Yunick.

This has been played on the radio a lot recently and I actually have not gotten tired of it.
If anyone told me I'd ever like a duet of Udo Lindenberg and Apache 207 I would've told them they're crazy.

Back
Top Bottom