NFL 2017-2018

IMG_20180107_215424.jpg

So I just saw Detroit's opponents for 2018. Unfortunately I predict a 6-10 season, assuming all our tough opponents have their first strings in the game.

I don't like Cam Newton, but I don't like Drew Brees or Jameis Winston either. It's like was said earlier in the thread. Division rivals and ****.

My brother is a big Panthers fan,it's a scary time for him.He thinks the new owner will shop the Panthers to whichever city will build him a new indoor stadium with incentives to go with it.

congrats @Blaze88
I'd like you now to beat the iggles and then we shall meet again for the NFCC in da superdome. :D

He was part of the problem. It’s a team sport.
I don’t care what he does off the field.
Cool, I don't think he lost that game for the team, i think he gave them a chance to win.

I watch this team on a weekly basis, and have been for their entire existence. You dont.

I've seen what happens to this team when we don't have a QB, we have one, a damn good one at that. When you don't have good receivers to begin with, and then you trade your #1 away, and 2 more get hurt, you're in a bad position.

Those WRs dropped big time passes yesterday. In order of events that cost that team the game, Cam's play isn't on the list. My reasons as to why they lost in order.

1. Play calling (again)
2. Drew Brees
3. Blown coverages in the secondary
4. Dropped Passes (including a TD catch in the first quarter)
5. Missed Field Goal in the first half
6. The interception that really wasn't one, and wasn't even reviewed
7. The Intentional grounding call

Bottom line, this Carolina Panthers team is getting old and they've done a disservice to the QB, they've never built an offense around him and have never really provided him with a decent OC.

Cool, I don't think he lost that game for the team, i think he gave them a chance to win.

I watch this team on a weekly basis, and have been for their entire existence. You dont.

I've seen what happens to this team when we don't have a QB, we have one, a damn good one at that. When you don't have good receivers to begin with, and then you trade your #1 away, and 2 more get hurt, you're in a bad position.

Those WRs dropped big time passes yesterday. In order of events that cost that team the game, Cam's play isn't on the list. My reasons as to why they lost in order.

1. Play calling (again)
2. Drew Brees

Bottom line, this Carolina Panthers team is getting old and they've done a disservice to the QB, they've never built an offense around him and have never really provided him with a decent OC.

Outside of Greg Olsen, who else is really noteable on the offensive side of the ball?

Funchess? Stewart is a shell of his old self, Macaffrey will improve over time and I mean its another case of another QB carrying his team on the offensive side of the ball without the best tools to use. To think he went to the SB as Ted Ginn as your best wideout... Yeah, you're doing something right as a QB. Not to mention outside of that linebacking core, the defense is not that great.

Outside of Greg Olsen, who else is really noteable on the offensive side of the ball?

Funchess? Stewart is a shell of his old self, Macaffrey will improve over time and I mean its another case of another QB carrying his team on the offensive side of the ball without the best tools to use. To think he went to the SB as Ted Ginn as your best wideout... Yeah, you're doing something right as a QB. Not to mention outside of that linebacking core, the defense is not that great.

Spot on. Offensive needs have to be addressed in the off season via FA or the draft. People give Dave Gettleman credit for putting this team together, but 2 players that were on the super bowl roster that were not on it yesterday that he let walk for nothing, probably would have made the difference in that game.

Josh Norman and Ted Ginn.

Norman would have made it harder for Brees to do what he did yesterday, and well Ginn, he torched the panthers on that TD catch yesterday. The panthers don't have a deep threat right now.

Spot on. Offensive needs have to be addressed in the off season via FA or the draft. People give Dave Gettleman credit for putting this team together, but 2 players that were on the super bowl roster that were not on it yesterday that he let walk for nothing, probably would have made the difference in that game.

Josh Norman and Ted Ginn.

Norman would have made it harder for Brees to do what he did yesterday, and well Ginn, he torched the panthers on that TD catch yesterday. The panthers don't have a deep threat right now.
good game GOP geaux saints 4 life

1. Play calling (again)
2. Drew Brees

good analysis.

I think that grounding call was iffy. But so was the one called on Brees.

How' bout the Browns, a perfect record. 0-16..of losing and the fans threw a impromptu parade!!!
Gotta love the underdogs!

I only find it surprising only because I've lost zero interest in the sport. Outside of a funeral, I can't imagine not taking in the Steelers game.

Edit..... For clarification, that would be my funeral.

Additional Edit..... Problem solved.....

steelers-casket-wrap.jpg
:D

I've watched every Pats game, at least parts of them, depending on whether i was working, but I have found myself watching less NFL, just like Nascar. I watched all 4 playoff games, I thought they where all quite entertaining.

The NFL has over saturated the market with games being spread out so much. Not to mention that Bills Jags game was horrible.

I find it funny how all those "life long" Panther fans are quiet again. Guess they're looking for a new team they can be "life long" fans of now.

I'm not a life long panther fan. I'm 38, the team has only been around since 95. But ive been fan since the day they announced they were coming to Charlotte.

Nationally im sure there are bandwagon fans just like there are for a lot of teams, but locally if you're a fan, you're a fan.

I often tell people i became a bigger fan the year the team went 1-15. I knew if i could make it through that, i could make it through just about anything as a fan.

I'm not a life long panther fan. I'm 38, the team has only been around since 95. But ive been fan since the day they announced they were coming to Charlotte.

Nationally im sure there are bandwagon fans just like there are in a lot of places, but locally if you're a fan, you're a fan.

I often tell people i became a bigger fan the year the team went 1-15. I knew if i could make it through that, i could make it through just about anything as a fan.
Yeah you're one person I know is a fan.

I can't tell you how many people came out of hiding and was Falcon fans last season. After the Super Bowl a lot of them shut up. I still talked about my team, still supported my team, still loved my team the next day and weeks. I was ready for a new season right then.

I joke about how they are going to lose but only cause when I get my hopes up with any sports it turns out bad for me haha.

Yeah you're one person I know is a fan.

I can't tell you how many people came out of hiding and was Falcon fans last season. After the Super Bowl a lot of them shut up. I still talked about my team, still supported my team, still loved my team the next day and weeks. I was ready for a new season right then.

I joke about how they are going to lose but only cause when I get my hopes up with any sports it turns out bad for me haha.
believe it or not, i used to pull for the falcons lol

You poor soul.

The first NFL game I went to was a Preseason game between the redskins and falcons at Carter Finley stadium in Raleigh. They had tour busses that left the parking lot of the Charlotte Coliseum and took us to Raleigh for the game. I remember they had buses for Falcons and Redskins. There were like 20 Redskin buses and like 2 Falcons buses, we rode on a falcons bus LOL.

I think they played a few preseason games in the area to show that the area could support an NFL team.

BTW, im still a Braves fan. That'll never change, they were my first love of sports and always will be. I named my dog Murphy, after Dale Murphy.

Everybody doubting the Eagles

Back
Top Bottom