NFL 2018-19

It's pretty cool to get to watch Brady, Rodgers, and Brees play. 3 all time greats that just keep going with no slowing down.
A few good youngsters out there, too.
Goff is great but he needs to wait his turn. Mahomes, will be someone, too, in time. I’m really enjoying watching Mahomes.

It's pretty cool to get to watch Brady, Rodgers, and Brees play. 3 all time greats that just keep going with no slowing down.
Three of the all-time greats for sure.

However, I wonder what guys like Montana, Elway, and Marino would have been able to do with the very quarterback-friendly rules that are in place now...

Three of the all-time greats for sure.

However, I wonder what guys like Montana, Elway, and Marino would have been able to do with the very quarterback-friendly rules that are in place now...

That's why I don't compare eras, and there's no "greatest of all time" in my opinion. There are so many variables in football, as well as other sports (and racing for that matter)

That's why I don't compare eras, and there's no "greatest of all time" in my opinion. There are so many variables in football, as well as other sports (and racing for that matter)
Historically, I think one of the most impressive QB’s is Johnny Unitas. He had 47 consecutive games with at least one touchdown pass....and he did it in the 1950’s. Three QB’s have since surpassed that, all in the last 10 years (Brees, Brady, and Peyton Manning).

Historically, I think one of the most impressive QB’s is Johnny Unitas. He had 47 consecutive games with at least one touchdown pass....and he did it in the 1950’s. Three QB’s have since surpassed that, all in the last 10 years (Brees, Brady, and Peyton Manning).

Well said. Actually I was going to use Unitas as an example, but I got lazy and decided to stop typing lol. I've never seen Unitas play, and not just me, I mean most of us weren't around when he was playing, which is another reason you can't compare eras

Especially, racing.

Tennis might be the only sport where you can rank and compare players from different eras, and even that might be a stretch. I'm not a tennis person so I wouldn't know. Even other "singles" sports like golf have changed quite a bit over time. But with team sports (and motorsports) it's not nearly as simple.

Tennis might be the only sport where you can rank and compare players from different eras, and even that might be a stretch. I'm not a tennis person so I wouldn't know. Even other "singles" sports like golf have changed quite a bit over time. But with team sports (and motorsports) it's not nearly as simple.
I’m a tennis fan and I don’t think it works there either.
Humans evolve.

That was quite a goal line defensive stand by the Packers.

Should be a good finish.

We got us a ballgame here.
Tied in the 4th with 9 on the clock.
I DVR'd it and watched it after the race. To paraphrase @Revman "MY Saints done did good".
It was one helluva good game. It's always really risky going up against an unbeaten team no matter who they are. Brees continues to set record after record.

Josh Gordon turning out to be a huge acquisition for the Pats, 150 yds on 5 catches. Sounds like Brady likes him a lot too.

Tennis might be the only sport where you can rank and compare players from different eras, and even that might be a stretch.
Agree that it'll be a stretch. Advancement in technology in every sport makes it difficult if not impossible to compare athletes from different era's.
Nutrition today also plays a big part.

Just look at the computer analysis of a Ali vs. Rocky Marciano fight.

Back
Top Bottom