NFL 2020-21

The Chiefs are playing close to their best game, and it's just too much for the Bills to withstand. They are a very good team, just ran into a great team on a good day.

Chiefs showing why I don’t like them.

Play is dead and they took a cheap shot on Allen in a game that’s over just because.

Oh for ****'s sake. There was no cheap shot.

Unfortunately it turned ugly there. I understand the Bills' linemen impulse to defend their QB.

The Bills are seriously losing their cool. Are we going to get comments about how they're a bad organization because of it?

I hope the fighting crap ends and both teams can walk away with heads held high.

I feel nervous about Brady magic. If the Chiefs come out as sharp as they did today, they have the advantage. But this is a team that has played down to the competition over and over throughout the year. It will be a fun matchup.

The Chiefs defense is good enough to win games without Mahomes. Andy Reid has the best QB, O-line, an elite defense, GREAT receivers and a great running game. They could win these games with Daniel Jones. It’s just icing on the cake that they have one of the most talented athletes in all of sports as their QB.

Crazy good team. If Reid keeps building teams like this and do t retire, the Chiefs are gonna go on a Patriots-like dynasty run.

The Chiefs won 2 games by 20 all year, but they are going to beat the GOAT who has played in 9 superbowls, won 6 and lost 3 by one score by 20?? Lol

I wish Vegas let you set the lines.
Not to mention they beat the Bucs by 3 in a close game this year...

The Chiefs won 2 games by 20 all year, but they are going to beat the GOAT who has played in 9 superbowls, won 6 and lost 3 by one score by 20?? Lol

I wish Vegas let you set the lines.

As the lone Chiefs fan here (to my knowledge), I'm anything but overconfident.

The Bucs have been streaking on both sides of the ball since the Chiefs loss and KC lost one game the whole year with their full starting squad but have a penchant for playing one-possession games. Chiefs -3 seems like a fair opening line.

All things considered I think it’s one of the most appealing SB matchups in a while.

Brady may want to revise that statement about CCG's being harder to win than Superbowls for this one.

Well the Eagles got a revenge Suoer Bowl win over Brady a few years ago, now it's Andy Reids turn

NFC wears home unis for SB LV Chiefs will (probably) rock the road whites Bucs wearing home unis at Raymond James Stadium for the Super Bowl

Interesting SB match-up but it will be a blow out.
Bucs should be thankful to have made it this far to the SB, it is a great story even without winning the SB.

Id rather brady get another ring than KC

also get a load of what rodgers said after his loss:

In that charged moment, his wounds still fresh, Rodgers, a highly intelligent and hyper-aware 37-year-old, chose his words carefully. And when he spoke, I believe he delivered a message to his bosses, one I'd roughly translate thusly: Your way of doing business has to change, or maybe I should be on my way.
"[There are] a lot of guys' futures that are uncertain," Rodgers told reporters, "myself included. That's what's sad about it most ... getting this far. Obviously there's going to be an end to it at some point, whether we make it past this one or not. Just the uncertainties, [it] is tough, and the finality of it."

I hope TB can pull it off. But the commercials just got less interesting.
1611580306966.png

Budweiser joins Coke, Pepsi brands in sitting out Super Bowl (yahoo.com)

Id rather brady get another ring than KC

also get a load of what rodgers said after his loss:

In that charged moment, his wounds still fresh, Rodgers, a highly intelligent and hyper-aware 37-year-old, chose his words carefully. And when he spoke, I believe he delivered a message to his bosses, one I'd roughly translate thusly: Your way of doing business has to change, or maybe I should be on my way.
"[There are] a lot of guys' futures that are uncertain," Rodgers told reporters, "myself included. That's what's sad about it most ... getting this far. Obviously there's going to be an end to it at some point, whether we make it past this one or not. Just the uncertainties, [it] is tough, and the finality of it."

I posted a few days ago that the Packers hope to trade Rodgers either this or next off-season. Indy and New England would be perfect for him

I think all of the talk of Green Bay trading Rodgers or him ultimately demanding one is insanity. The experience of finality is something every NFL player feels after a season ending playoff loss. There will be a grieving period and then they prepare for the next season. I just think both would be insane to part company.

Note: I never thought Brady would leave New England either.

I think all of the talk of Green Bay trading Rodgers or him ultimately demanding one is insanity. The experience of finality is something every NFL player feels after a season ending playoff loss. There will be a grieving period and then they prepare for the next season. I just think both would be insane to part company.

And Favre leaving GB, Montana leaving SF, Manning leaving Indy, etc. Nobody is immune to being traded/released and recen history shows it is more likely to happen than not.

And Favre leaving GB, Montana leaving SF, Manning leaving Indy, etc. Nobody is immune to being traded/released and recen history shows it is more likely to happen than not.
Those are good points but I would argue that those cases are a different.

Favre was great but also older and Green Bay already had a younger Rodgers groomed with a full career ahead of him that didn't need to be lost to another team.
San Francisco going with Young over a legend like Montana was for similar reasons.

Manning was great for Indianapolis and he deserves the respect. But I believe injuries and time had taken a toll before playing for Denver. He carried a heavier load for Indianapolis. He was brilliant at running thd field and he had an incredible arm, maybe the best of his era.

Winning another SB at Denver is a great accomplishment that shouldn't be snarked especially realizing that his arm and passing ability had suffered some.
But Denver had a great defense that only needed a great field general at QB he didn't have to be as good at Denver as he did in Indianapolis.
Once again I am writing this with the utmost respect for the accomplishment. It still was a great.

I think he ends up in GB next year they are still so close to being a SB team, but I think he has a desire to play in California and if the 49ers want to make it happen bad enough it could happen. He was really irked by the drafting a QB in the first round.

I think Brady is the GOAT and I think he will still be the GOAT regardless of the upcoming SB outcome.

The 3 INT win against the Packers was ugly. But I don't think Brady's greatness is about something greater than the expected highlight material or game stats. I think Rodgers has a better arm and should be preferred in two minute possessions or for the hail Mary moments. I also think there has been somebody around like that, who was physically better than Brady throughout his career.

I think the biggest intangible that Brady has going for him is the way his teams perform at their best for him. It is like they have extra coaching and purpose. They are more disciplined and have their best games with him as the QB. I don't think it is an accident or good luck. He simply makes everyone around him better. He has a resilience and team discipline that is transfomative. Tampa Bay is totally different with Brady and looking like one of his old Patriot teams making a great playoff run, it could be said they carried Brady and withstood his INTs yesterday. I don't believe they could or would have stood as tall for anyone else.

I really thought he was screwing up his legacy by going to Tampa. I thought he would look just average and feed the naysayers with all the systems help talking points, an insane risk to take at such an advanced age. It also looks applicable for Belichick he needed Brady more than Brady needed him.

Back
Top Bottom