NFL 2020-21

142593507_3855583061201992_9009503047589373816_o.png

I think Brady is the GOAT and I think he will still be the GOAT regardless of the upcoming SB outcome.

The 3 INT win against the Packers was ugly. But I don't think Brady's greatness is about something greater than the expected highlight material or game stats. I think Rodgers has a better arm and should be preferred in two minute possessions or for the hail Mary moments. I also think there has been somebody around like that, who was physically better than Brady throughout his career.

I think the biggest intangible that Brady has going for him is the way his teams perform at their best for him. It is like they have extra coaching and purpose. They are more disciplined and have their best games with him as the QB. I don't think it is an accident or good luck. He simply makes everyone around him better. He has a resilience and team discipline that is transfomative. Tampa Bay is totally different with Brady and looking like one of his old Patriot teams making a great playoff run, it could be said they carried Brady and withstood his INTs yesterday. I don't believe they could or would have stood as tall for anyone else.

I really thought he was screwing up his legacy by going to Tampa. I thought he would look just average and feed the naysayers with all the systems help talking points, an insane risk to take at such an advanced age. It also looks applicable for Belichick he needed Brady more than Brady needed him.

One thing I like about Tom Brady, the guy passed up on restructured deals and contract renewals that would have gotten him up to $100 million more so Bellichick could surround himself with talent. He wants to win.

key to Superbowl, if the Bucs can re-create the same havoc they caused against the Packers with their pass rush front-4 Barrett and JPP, contain Mahomes inside the pocket, they have a realistic shot. Easier said than done for an entire game though, the great 49er defense from last year's Superbowl had KC contained for the better part of 3 quarters, and we saw what happened.

I think the difference on the offensive side for the Bucs will be, if Brady is able to sustain drives to keep Mahomes on the sideline, taking time off the clock while running efficient offense, shorten the game, give KC less opportunities to strike back with their high-powered offense.

key to Superbowl, if the Bucs can re-create the same havoc they caused against the Packers with their pass rush front-4 Barrett and JPP, contain Mahomes inside the pocket, they have a realistic shot. Easier said than done for an entire game though, the great 49er defense from last year's Superbowl had KC contained for the better part of 3 quarters, and we saw what happened.

I think the difference on the offensive side for the Bucs will be, if Brady is able to sustain drives to keep Mahomes on the sideline, taking time off the clock while running efficient offense, shorten the game, give KC less opportunities to strike back with their high-powered offense.

If Tampa can keep pressure on Mahomes I think they have a chance.
But it will be a lot harder and almost impossibile to contain Mahomes. I do not think they will match up as well as against him as they did against Rodgers.

Per the AP, Rodgers has requested a new contract. This means either the Packers have to keep him 5+ years or have to trade him before next season. I don't see them keeping him especially now that his attitude is turning sour...this feels eerily similar to the Favre situation

Per the AP, Rodgers has requested a new contract. This means either the Packers have to keep him 5+ years or have to trade him before next season. I don't see them keeping him especially now that his attitude is turning sour...this feels eerily similar to the Favre situation

I like AR12s play, but it would be weird to cheer for him in NOLA if he lands there considering the DP situation.

I like AR12s play, but it would be weird to cheer for him in NOLA if he lands there considering the DP situation.
I highly doubt GB would trade him to an NFC team unless they got a huge return for him. If he goes anywhere NFC it will be San Fran, but I think Indy, Pittsburgh, and New England are the likely spots. Cleveland wouldn't shock me either

Tom Brady has more postseason wins after his 35th birthday than any other QB has in their career.

Mind boggling stat, Brady's record books at this point are just insane. Witnessing greatness.

for the MVP discussion, I'd give it to Rodgers or King Henry. Rodgers 48/5 td to int ratio is elite NFL qb numbers (and I wouldn't highlight him as the reason they're out of the playoffs). Eclipsing 2,000 rushing yards in a season hasn't been done since 2012 AP and is big achievement mark in today's NFL, wouldn't mind seeing the RB position get some love with King Henry either.

I think it's funny that people think Houston has ANY leverage here. Deshaun Watson will sit out if he doesn't want to play, and Houston doesn't have a first or second round draft pick. They'll end up having to cut him and take the cap hit if he doesn't want to play, then some other team picks him up anyway.

They should be on the phone with Jacksonville, though I doubt Urban's gonna trade #1 away, or the Jets.

Wow. Huh.

I think I like the deal for the Rams. It certainly gives Stafford his first genuine shot at winning something.

When was the last time two franchise QBs were traded for each other?

I’m really interested to see how Stafford does in LA. He’s always been a solid QB, he’s just been stuck in a bad organization.

Don't know who winds up winning out on this trade, or if the Rams will have big success with it. Seems like both sides got a good haul. Happy for Stafford to get a shot with a surrounding cast and coach, he's been an absolute warrior of an NFL QB playing thru injury, reminds me of Favre.

Since the Rams are not in it, I hope Brady and Gronk can get another ring. Plus, it would be cool to see a team that wasn't even on the radar in the past get a SB win at their home town. Hollywood couldn't right a better script.

Since the Rams are not in it, I hope Brady and Gronk can get another ring. Plus, it would be cool to see a team that wasn't even on the radar in the past get a SB win at their home town. Hollywood couldn't right a better script.
edit---write. :D

Rain in the forecast for Sunday.....

Coincidentally, 41 years ago the Buccaneers beat the Chiefs in the rain in Tampa to clinch the franchise’s first ever playoff berth.

Vita Vea came back for the NFCCG and the Chiefs OL is really banged up now, big matchup advantage for the Bucs there IMO.

Back
Top Bottom