NFL 2022-23

This is going to be a weird draft, since there doesn't seem to be a consensus #1 pick, and there really isn't a lot of elite "can't miss" prospects at the top of the board. I'm curious to see where the quarterbacks end up. I think Kenny Pickett is far and away the best QB in this draft, but all the pundits think Willis is the top guy because of his raw ability. He has the talent but I'm not sure it will translate. Definitely a low floor, high ceiling type of gamble.

I bet one of Pickett/Willis goes in the top 10, if not both. The next wave of guys (Ridder, Corral, Howell) likely won't go until the 2nd.

As far as Pickett vs Willis....

Just look at Pickett's numbers this year, and watch the film. He played well against one of the most talented defenses in the country.....

Pundits are saying he's a "safe" pick, but doesn't have great potential because his arm strength isn't elite. I don't know if I'm buying that. And then you have a few idiots with concerns about his hand size, despite the fact that it's 100% irrelevant and this has been proven time and time again with supporting data and common sense. Only clowns like Hue Jackson think hand size matters. You might as well judge a QB's ability to see the field by the size of his pupils.

Willis could be the next Josh Allen, or he could be the next Deshone Kizer. I wouldn't be willing to take that risk with a top 10 pick. This guy breaks it down really well.....

This is going to be a weird draft, since there doesn't seem to be a consensus #1 pick, and there really isn't a lot of elite "can't miss" prospects at the top of the board. I'm curious to see where the quarterbacks end up. I think Kenny Pickett is far and away the best QB in this draft, but all the pundits think Willis is the top guy because of his raw ability. He has the talent but I'm not sure it will translate. Definitely a low floor, high ceiling type of gamble.

I bet one of Pickett/Willis goes in the top 10, if not both. The next wave of guys (Ridder, Corral, Howell) likely won't go until the 2nd.
Willis will be a mega bust. I'm willing to stake my entire racing forums reputation on it.

Yeah, just today I've seen mock draft for #1 overall saying Aidan Hutchinson, Travon Walker, Evan Neal, and Ikem Ekwonu.

Nobody knows until the pick is read.

So Cleveland has broken the bank for a QB that will likely be suspended at least half the season. And picked up a WR who has become disgruntled by his third year with other teams.

The Browns are either going to be a surprising success or a glorious implosion.

The Browns’ have now spent $340.5 million in guaranteed money this offseason, almost $100 million more than any other team — and with Ward’s deal, Cleveland’s top four contracts account for a staggering $461.3 million in guarantees.

• QB Deshaun Watson: $230M
  • DE Myles Garrett: $100M
  • Ward: $71.3M
  • WR Amari Cooper: $60M

So Cleveland has broken the bank for a QB that will likely be suspended at least half the season. And picked up a WR who has become disgruntled by his third year with other teams.

The Browns are either going to be a surprising success or a glorious implosion.

The Browns’ have now spent $340.5 million in guaranteed money this offseason, almost $100 million more than any other team — and with Ward’s deal, Cleveland’s top four contracts account for a staggering $461.3 million in guarantees.

• QB Deshaun Watson: $230M
  • DE Myles Garrett: $100M
  • Ward: $71.3M
  • WR Amari Cooper: $60M

I'm a Browns fan, and I'm pissed about the Watson trade. I'm pretty sure I already bitched about it a ton in last year's NFL thread on here so I'll save everyone from having to hear it again.

The bar has been set. If we don't win a Super Bowl at some point in the next five years, it will be a complete and total failure and Haslam should be forced to sell the team.

I'm a Browns fan, and I'm pissed about the Watson trade. I'm pretty sure I already bitched about it a ton in last year's NFL thread on here so I'll save everyone from having to hear it again.

The bar has been set. If we don't win a Super Bowl at some point in the next five years, it will be a complete and total failure and Haslam should be forced to sell the team.

I'm sorry, man. I don't think Watson is the right guy, and I feel like they really screwed Baker. They finally made it back to the playoffs, then Baker showed a ton of grit playing through injuries, and now they decide to blow up the offense again. It's crazy.

I'm sorry, man. I don't think Watson is the right guy, and I feel like they really screwed Baker. They finally made it back to the playoffs, then Baker showed a ton of grit playing through injuries, and now they decide to blow up the offense again. It's crazy.

When I watch football, I try and separate the human off the field from the player on the field, but it's tough. I just can't get on board with Watson. He's possibly a rapist, likely a sexual predator, and certainly a creep at the very least. He might be an upgrade from Baker, but honestly I think he's overrated. He isn't a top 5 QB in this league. He's on the same level of Stafford or Prescott or Carr or maybe even Russell Wilson, but he's no Mahomes, he's no Allen, he's no Brady, he's no Rodgers, he's no Burrow, and he's no Herbert. And we gave up a ton of premium picks and all that guaranteed money for him? Yeah, he better deliver a Lombardi for the trophy case.

When you consider what we gave up to get him, and you consider what the Colts gave up for Matt Ryan, I would absolutely take Ryan over Watson. My first preference would have been drafting Kenny Pickett so we have five years of a good QB on his rookie deal and we can afford to pay everyone else. Unfortunately the Browns had other ideas.

When I watch football, I try and separate the human off the field from the player on the field, but it's tough. I just can't get on board with Watson. He's possibly a rapist, likely a sexual predator, and certainly a creep at the very least. He might be an upgrade from Baker, but honestly I think he's overrated. He isn't a top 5 QB in this league. He's on the same level of Stafford or Prescott or Carr or maybe even Russell Wilson, but he's no Mahomes, he's no Allen, he's no Brady, he's no Rodgers, he's no Burrow, and he's no Herbert. And we gave up a ton of premium picks and all that guaranteed money for him? Yeah, he better deliver a Lombardi for the trophy case.

When you consider what we gave up to get him, and you consider what the Colts gave up for Matt Ryan, I would absolutely take Ryan over Watson. My first preference would have been drafting Kenny Pickett so we have five years of a good QB on his rookie deal and we can afford to pay everyone else. Unfortunately the Browns had other ideas.

Definitely at least a creep if not worse, so I don't like him being their guy at all; what he's accused of isn't like Favre sending a pic of his junk to a reporter. I like to see underdogs do well so I like it when the Browns succeed, but I don't like this.

I'd put Carr in the top 5 category though. Speaking as a Raiders fan, he has to be elite to hit 4,000 yards with what he's had to work with at times 🤣

Definitely at least a creep if not worse, so I don't like him being their guy at all; what he's accused of isn't like Favre sending a pic of his junk to a reporter. I like to see underdogs do well so I like it when the Browns succeed, but I don't like this.

I'd put Carr in the top 5 category though. Speaking as a Raiders fan, he has to be elite to hit 4,000 yards with what he's had to work with at times 🤣

I think Carr is underrated. When Denver acquired Wilson, I was hoping the Raiders might say screw it and go into rebuild mode considering how tough that division is, and I was hoping the Browns would go hard after Carr. Then you guys signed Jones and traded for Adams and all my hopes went out the window lol. Clearly the Raiders are in it to win it.

I think it's pathetic how all these Browns fans are giving Watson a pass just because he wasn't convicted of a crime by the grand jury. Ooooh goody gumdrops! That means jack squat. In these situations they are literally the only two people in the room, so there's no evidence whatsoever. Of course it's just he said, she said (or in this case, he said, she said, she said, she said, she said, etc). Like come on now, use your ****** brains. This isn't just one or two women, it's 22(!) women who don't even know each other! But I still hear all these excuses and people suggesting they are gold diggers out to get his money......lol seriously? Yeah, maybe these 22+ women all randomly met at a massage therapists convention and came up with this grand scheme and poor innocent Deshaun is just the unlucky convenient target? Give me a break.

These are the allegations, for anyone unfamiliar with just how sick this guy is, click the link below. He's a young NFL quarterback who shouldn't have any trouble whatsoever getting his rocks off in a traditional/consensual way, yet he's gone through 50+ masseuses he found through Instagram, and almost half of them are saying he did some nasty stuff......

I think Carr is underrated. When Denver acquired Wilson, I was hoping the Raiders might say screw it and go into rebuild mode considering how tough that division is, and I was hoping the Browns would go hard after Carr. Then you guys signed Jones and traded for Adams and all my hopes went out the window lol. Clearly the Raiders are in it to win it.

I think it's pathetic how all these Browns fans are giving Watson a pass just because he wasn't convicted of a crime by the grand jury. Ooooh goody gumdrops! That means jack squat. In these situations they are literally the only two people in the room, so there's no evidence whatsoever. Of course it's just he said, she said (or in this case, he said, she said, she said, she said, she said, etc). Like come on now, use your ****** brains. This isn't just one or two women, it's 22(!) women who don't even know each other! But I still hear all these excuses and people suggesting they are gold diggers out to get his money......lol seriously? Yeah, maybe these 22+ women all randomly met at a massage therapists convention and came up with this grand scheme and poor innocent Deshaun is just the unlucky convenient target? Give me a break.

These are the allegations, for anyone unfamiliar with just how sick this guy is, click the link below. He's a young NFL quarterback who shouldn't have any trouble whatsoever getting his rocks off in a traditional/consensual way, yet he's gone through 50+ masseuses he found through Instagram, and almost half of them are saying he did some nasty stuff......

Honestly, it's more than Browns fans giving him the pass. I know a few Browns fans who are pissed over Watson, especially after how they trolled the Steelers over Roethlisberger for years.

This entire case is proving why women don't come forward when they're victims of sexual assault or rape. Because there wasn't an indictment, much of the public wants these women "held accountable."

Saints fans give Jameis Winston the pass on a lot of stuff too.

The thing is, sports fans will ultimately pay attention to the name on the front of the jersey and, if someone like Watson can help them win, they'll cheer for him.

I know a few Browns fans who are pissed over Watson, especially after how they trolled the Steelers over Roethlisberger for years.

Yeah, as a Browns fan, I always hung my hat on that. One of my best friends (huge Steelers fan) would run his mouth, and I would usually respond with "well at least my team's QB isn't a rapist!"

Well, the joke's on me now. That's karma I guess lol

Honestly, it's more than Browns fans giving him the pass. I know a few Browns fans who are pissed over Watson, especially after how they trolled the Steelers over Roethlisberger for years.

This entire case is proving why women don't come forward when they're victims of sexual assault or rape. Because there wasn't an indictment, much of the public wants these women "held accountable."

Saints fans give Jameis Winston the pass on a lot of stuff too.

The thing is, sports fans will ultimately pay attention to the name on the front of the jersey and, if someone like Watson can help them win, they'll cheer for him.
I'm glad I don't have a daughter because it would make me sad as hell to have to explain this. The league basically celebrated the rapist Ben for over a decade and now will do it again with Watson.

I hope they win it. I just wish they'd won it before leaving Oakland lol

Yeah. One or two is something I might question in this day and age of chasing "clout" or whatever by attaching yourself to a celebrity by any means necessary. But 20+? That goes way beyond the "where there's smoke there's fire" category.

Yeah, as a Browns fan, I always hung my hat on that. One of my best friends (huge Steelers fan) would run his mouth, and I would usually respond with "well at least my team's QB isn't a rapist!"

Well, the joke's on me now. That's karma I guess lol

What's even more disgusting is how quickly the Cleveland fanbase has turned on Baker Mayfield. I'm not even a fan of the guy, but they're calling him a crybaby and stuff. I mean, he has every right in the world to be pissed off about this.

First they tell him that he won't be QB1 in 2022-23, then they say they won't trade him when they thought they weren't gonna get Watson, then bam, they sign Watson. And then the fans and the organization are trashing him and hoping another team won't pick him up so they can still use him as a backup or if Watson's suspended.

If I was him, I'd refuse to play if Watson got suspended. I was really hoping Carolina would pursue Baker Mayfield.

I hope they win it. I just wish they'd won it before leaving Oakland lol

Yeah. One or two is something I might question in this day and age of chasing "clout" or whatever by attaching yourself to a celebrity by any means necessary. But 20+? That goes way beyond the "where there's smoke there's fire" category.

Got to admit, the Raiders are another organization I don't like right now.

Don't like that they left Oakland for Vegas, but that's the least of it. Don't like how they did Jack Del Rio because they thought Jon Gruden was the golden ticket. And don't like how they did Rich Bisaccia because they think Josh McDaniel is the golden ticket.

I like Derek Carr, but like the Browns, I just can't root for the Raiders right now.

What's even more disgusting is how quickly the Cleveland fanbase has turned on Baker Mayfield. I'm not even a fan of the guy, but they're calling him a crybaby and stuff. I mean, he has every right in the world to be pissed off about this.

First they tell him that he won't be QB1 in 2022-23, then they say they won't trade him when they thought they weren't gonna get Watson, then bam, they sign Watson. And then the fans and the organization are trashing him and hoping another team won't pick him up so they can still use him as a backup or if Watson's suspended.

If I was him, I'd refuse to play if Watson got suspended. I was really hoping Carolina would pursue Baker Mayfield.

The fanbase is basically split 50/50 on Baker. Half of the fans think he sucks and they are glad he's leaving, half of them think he's good and are pissed at how it all went down.

As far as what the Browns did or didn't tell him, there are two sides to every story. I think they decided before the season ended that they wanted to move on from him. He was ALWAYS going to be traded whether the Browns got Watson or someone else; I've heard that from multiple inside/credible sources. There's an obvious rift between Stefanski and Baker, and the front office decided months ago that they needed a change at QB regardless of what they told Baker or what they said in public statements.

Nobody is hoping he will stick around as a backup. Not the Browns, not the fans, not Baker, literally no one. Watson is definitely going to be suspended for a handful of games, which is why they signed Jacoby Brissett. There is a 0% chance Baker will be on the roster this summer.

I'm one of the few fans who is right in the middle regarding Baker. I've seen how good he can be at times, I know he works really hard, I know he's passionate and that isn't always a bad thing. As far as his personality and the things he says and all that stuff, it's good when the team is winning and he's playing well, but not so much when he's struggling. He isn't mature enough to keep his mouth shut and block out all the noise. He doesn't carry himself like a professional athlete or the starting QB of an NFL team. Again, that doesn't matter when things are going well, but it becomes a distraction when things go south.

What I don't understand is why the Browns continued to play him last year when he was clearly injured and struggling. You have Case Keenum for a reason! There's NO WAY a beat up Baker dealing with multiple injuries is better than a healthy Keenum, and that was proven last year.

That's what I have been hearing. No idea if it's true though.

Apparently Khan and Baalke are in disagreement, and Pederson chimed in saying that the #1 pick has to be pro ready day one.

I just don't know why they kept Trent Baalke there. He's terrible at every aspect of his job.

Apparently Khan and Baalke are in disagreement, and Pederson chimed in saying that the #1 pick has to be pro ready day one.

I just don't know why they kept Trent Baalke there. He's terrible at every aspect of his job.

Yeah, I just don't get it. Baalke is an absolute disaster and he clashes with everyone. He's a snake in the grass who inherited a good roster in San Francisco from Scot McCloughan and turned it into a dumpster fire. How's that saying go.....woke up on third base and thought he hit a triple.

Here's a good summary highlighting some of the reasons why he's so bad.....

555EBE4F-40D2-48C6-B97D-77FEBA069878.jpeg

This is probably the least hyped up draft I can remember, totally forgot about it until a little bit ago.

Can’t wait to see what random DIII MLB the Pats are gonna pick up.

This is probably the least hyped up draft I can remember, totally forgot about it until a little bit ago.

Can’t wait to see what random DIII MLB the Pats are gonna pick up.
Not a QB draft that’s why.

This has been the most interesting one in a while. Of course it’s going to be a wild night when a team takes a second round player at no 1 overall.

Back
Top Bottom