NFL 2023-2024

Travis Kelce hurt and sent to the locker room for X-rays, not good at all for the Chiefs. That game is tied at 13, Vikings hanging in there and the Chiefs look underwhelming again.

The Jets were driving at the end of the half and made an awful mistake letting the clock run out. Another error they can't afford. Broncos up 13-8.

Forget all of that, lol. I left for 20 minutes, and now Kelce is back making clutch catches, and the Jets have bounced back and are up 18-13 with the ball.

Chiefs had no intention of snapping the ball on 4th & 1 around midfield but made the Vikings burn their final timeout nonetheless. Well played.

Jets survive, barely, by forcing a Russell Wilson fumble and scoring a defensive TD. I almost feel bad for Russ, he didn't play poorly. Don't feel bad for Payton at all.

Questionable officiating aside, Alex Mattison had a great chance at housing the screen pass a couple of plays before that all unfolded. Just a horrible drop. And he’s had bad hands all year since taking over as Minnesota’s lead back.

I’m scratching my head at officiating again. I just don’t get it.

I've watched it a bunch of times to assess. No defending it. Inexcusable on both counts. The helmet penalty wouldn't have changed it being a turnover without the pass interference, but the rule is black and white with no discretion.

Pathetic and a bad look for the league.

This was one of the most horrible sports days for me. Byron was the only thing good. Either way I'm heading to the white sand beaches of Destin Fl for a week. By tuesday i'll have forgotten all about this.
IMG_1316.jpeg

Christmas is gonna suck this year. Ravens at 49ers.
49ers look like there on a direct path to the Super Bowl. This Brook Purdy might be the next Tom Brady

This was one of the most horrible sports days for me. Byron was the only thing good. Either way I'm heading to the white sand beaches of Destin Fl for a week. By tuesday i'll have forgotten all about this.
View attachment 73368
I knew they had white sand but the sand in that photo is more incredible than I expected.

glad the Cowboys are clawing their way back in this one, Turpin great story from the USFL XFL to catching touchdowns in the NFL on Primetime Sunday

It just baffles me how guys can be drafted so far down in the draft, yet perform so well. Do they play that much better in the NFL than they did in college or was their college performance completely overlooked by every team in the league for whatever reason?? Shoot, Amon-Ra St. Brown often voices his frustration about how many guys were drafted ahead of him, yet he's now arguably one of the best wide receivers in the league.

It just baffles me how guys can be drafted so far down in the draft, yet perform so well. Do they play that much better in the NFL than they did in college or was their college performance completely overlooked by every team in the league for whatever reason?? Shoot, Amon-Ra St. Brown often voices his frustration about how many guys were drafted ahead of him, yet he's now arguably one of the best wide receivers in the league.
I watch a lot of college football and I don't get how the NFL drafts sometimes. Brock Purdy was a very good QB at Iowa State for multiple years

I watch a lot of college football and I don't get how the NFL drafts sometimes. Brock Purdy was a very good QB at Iowa State for multiple years

Tom Brady shouldn't have fallen as far as he did in the 2000 NFL Draft either. He looked good at Michigan.

I've come to realize that NFL scouting departments are essentially **** and rely too much on things that don't matter on the field. You have multiple years of film on these guys from their college days, you don't need half the **** they do at the Combine. Just watch the film and watch how he does on the field. Tom Brady being a slow runner clearly didn't impact his ability to play quarterback. You can evaluate a guy's ability to read a defense by watching him on the field. You can evaluate his ability to lead his team to victory by watching him on the field. I feel like NFL scouts don't actually watch college football.

Okay, probably time to sit Prescott for the rest of the game. They are still good (I think), so no need to risk injury.

You’ll never get a 100% hit rate on scouting and drafting. Guys can be put in entirely different situations with different coaches and different systems from college to the NFL and they can also put in the extra work to round out their game during the draft process. It’s a very inexact science.

At the end of the day, guys who wind up on the All-Pro teams and in the Hall of Fame still skew heavily towards the early rounds. Doesn’t mean there isn’t opportunities for diamonds in the rough to be unearthed.

Tom Brady shouldn't have fallen as far as he did in the 2000 NFL Draft either. He looked good at Michigan.

I've come to realize that NFL scouting departments are essentially **** and rely too much on things that don't matter on the field. You have multiple years of film on these guys from their college days, you don't need half the **** they do at the Combine. Just watch the film and watch how he does on the field. Tom Brady being a slow runner clearly didn't impact his ability to play quarterback. You can evaluate a guy's ability to read a defense by watching him on the field. You can evaluate his ability to lead his team to victory by watching him on the field. I feel like NFL scouts don't actually watch college football.
The NFL is too enamored with the dual threat QB.

The NFL is too enamored with the dual threat QB.

Which makes no sense because those guys either fail out of the gate or break down too soon. Cam Newton looked like a god for a couple of years but you can only take getting hit so many times before you start to break down. Colin Kaepernick is another example of that too. Those guys are only good for a short amount of time.

If I'm drafting a QB, give me a pocket passer with an accurate arm. You should be able to count on your franchise QB for years to come. Surround a good pocket passer with a solid O Line and you have a recipe for long term success.

Which makes no sense because those guys either fail out of the gate or break down too soon. Cam Newton looked like a god for a couple of years but you can only take getting hit so many times before you start to break down. Colin Kaepernick is another example of that too. Those guys are only good for a short amount of time.
RGIII looked like he'd be the future. For one season.

If I'm drafting a QB, give me a pocket passer with an accurate arm. You should be able to count on your franchise QB for years to come. Surround a good pocket passer with a solid O Line and you have a recipe for long term success.
^ This.

Back
Top Bottom