NFL 2023-2024

Looking like a 49ers/Chiefs Super Bowl.

I thought Buffalo might have been the best team in the AFC but Jacksonville throttled that "unstoppable" offense today.

It just baffles me how guys can be drafted so far down in the draft, yet perform so well. Do they play that much better in the NFL than they did in college or was their college performance completely overlooked by every team in the league for whatever reason?? Shoot, Amon-Ra St. Brown often voices his frustration about how many guys were drafted ahead of him, yet he's now arguably one of the best wide receivers in the league.

My best condensed answer is that it's a moving fluid target with a human progression element.

College football is a large landscape to cover, guy’s fall thru the cracks at every level of football hs and college for a multitude of reasons (playing time, coaching, environment, injury, grades, off the field stuff, and on and on) then you add in physical development, some guy’s are late bloomers compared to highly sought out hs recruits, these guy’s end up at smaller schools undiscovered or they walk-on at bigger schools and get discovered. Then you add in position skill refinement reps and mental football iq capabilities, there can be breakthroughs in both the mental game where all of a sudden everything clicks with a new perspective and you now have a better understanding of the game.

Vision accuracy anticipation and poise are not necessarily easy to identify in testing or film study or statistics at the college level because of the jump up in competition and speed of the game. It can be creative much like Brock Purdy is with his throws, it’s about placement.

RGIII looked like he'd be the future. For one season.

A scrambling QB works in college because the guys hitting you are nowhere near as big and strong as what you get in the pros. Getting hit by a tank with years of training and access to workout supplements you could dream of in college is going to knock you out in a hurry.

Looking like a 49ers/Chiefs Super Bowl.

I thought Buffalo might have been the best team in the AFC but Jacksonville throttled that "unstoppable" offense today.
The Chiefs haven’t been very convincing so far. I could certainly still see any of Buffalo/Jacksonville/Miami contending for the AFC - maybe Cincinnati if Burrow’s calf heals well enough. After maybe four teams I think there’s a substantial dropoff.

The Eagles (when motivated) and 49ers look like juggernauts. Besides each other on December 3rd, I don’t see either of them losing to an NFC team during the regular season. Unfortunately neither plays Detroit, so we won’t really find out how the Lions stack up until the playoffs.

A scrambling QB works in college because the guys hitting you are nowhere near as big and strong as what you get in the pros. Getting hit by a tank with years of training and access to workout supplements you could dream of in college is going to knock you out in a hurry.
Big difference from someone who relies too much on improvisation and looks at running as more of a first option than a true pro dual-threat QB. The league is too fast these days not to have some degree of mobility at the position, ends and linebackers are as quick and athletic as ever. A lot of the best QBs in the league are both accomplished passers and capable of using their legs in a lot of different ways - Allen, Mahomes, Tua, Burrow, Lawrence, Herbert, Hurts. Putting a stiff back there largely doesn’t work anymore.

The game only just started, so maybe too early to bring up the refs. But what took so long to throw the delay of game flag?? Packers weren’t going to snap it, but refs still gave them a few extra seconds to decide.

Could have put the game away, but instead they go for the FG? Bad decision.

Carlson is usually reliable (not tonight) , but a 52-yard attempt is probably a stretch at that moment. From 45 yards in, I think it's probably the right call.

That game made the Raiders'defense look really good. Not sure how much of that is an inert Green Bay offense that isn't in sync. Probably a lot.

Whew, I was getting worried.

I think that is Belichick's problem in New England. The man is a flaming Swiftie. I hope New England doesn't do anything rash because Tra Tra & Tae Tae may be done after movie concert opens on Friday the 13th.
It would be an opportunistic time for them to break up and it would make a hell of a new song for her to write given the timing etc, perhaps it would even spawn a Lifetime movie

And just maybe Belichick might could get his mindset and focus back on to the team real Xs and Os (if a Lifetime movie doesn't keep him distracted)

The Chiefs continue to be underwhelming so far. Thank God they have Kelce, and thank God the Broncos have decided to play soft zone coverage and let him find the soft spot time and again. Still only 3 points to show for it so far.

The Broncos offense of two yard passes is working well.

I think that is Belichick's problem in New England. The man is a flaming Swiftie. I hope New England doesn't do anything rash because Tra Tra & Tae Tae may be done after movie concert opens on Friday the 13th.
It would be an opportunistic time for them to break up and it would make a hell of a new song for her to write given the timing etc, perhaps it would even spawn a Lifetime movie

And just maybe Belichick might could get his mindset and focus back on to the team real Xs and Os (if a Lifetime movie doesn't keep him distracted)

Bill is mad because Mac Jones didn't hook up with Taylor Swift. Tom Brady landed one of the top supermodels in the world so Mac is just underperforming.

Lucky for the Chiefs that they are playing this junior college squad. Mahomes frankly looks lost with the exception of the easy Kelce connections.

Bill is mad because Mac Jones didn't hook up with Taylor Swift. Tom Brady landed one of the top supermodels in the world so Mac is just underperforming.
I think Kelce needs to switch to #13 to show Taylor he loves her (and to benefit the tour).

Butker's kick would have been good from 70. What a boot.

Payton inexplicably calling timeout after Wilson was sacked on third down made that possible. What an embarrassment.

Lucky for the Chiefs that they are playing this junior college squad. Mahomes frankly looks lost with the exception of the easy Kelce connections.
I thought heading into the season their WR corps was their biggest weakness by far, it’s gotta be one of the worst in the league. Not sure anyone there would be even a WR2 anywhere else. Toney pretty much single-handedly lost the Detroit game with his drops.

I thought heading into the season their WR corps was their biggest weakness by far, it’s gotta be one of the worst in the league. Not sure anyone there would be even a WR2 anywhere else. Toney pretty much single-handedly lost the Detroit game with his drops.

Meanwhile, I think their defense may be the best it's been in the entire Mahomes era.

The Chiefs probably deserve to have a laughable roughing the passer penalty go against them and give the Broncos life after these past couple weeks.

Honestly a ho-hum night if you're a Chiefs fan. The Broncos are horrible, and the Chiefs made their defense look formidable and will eke out an ugly win over a team that they should have beat 42-10 and rested the starters for the final quarter.

Honestly a ho-hum night if you're a Chiefs fan. The Broncos are horrible, and the Chiefs made their defense look formidable and will eke out an ugly win over a team that they should have beat 42-10 and rested the starters for the final quarter.
KC hasn’t been impressive for most of the season thus far. Except for their game against Chicago, but I mean…it’s Chicago. We’ll see what kind of team they are in a few weeks when they go again Miami and Philadelphia.

I knew they had white sand but the sand in that photo is more incredible than I expected.
IMG_2465.jpeg

I never wanna go home

The Jags should move to London already.

I think an extra time slot in the morning would bring the league more revenue.

Back
Top Bottom