NFL Playoffs

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Since it's almost time for the playoffs -- which is something I just learned about yesterday. :p

What scenario does everyone think plays out? Who goes to the Super Bowl?

Obviously I'd hope for Detroit vs Kansas City, but...

It'll actually be Saints vs Patriots with Saints getting the upset.

I'm kind of leaning towards Carolina winning the NFC right now. The Panthers and the Los Angeles Rams are dangerous right now.

AFC, New England has it on lockdown. I don't think Pittsburgh or Jacksonville will be able to go to the Death Star and beat Emperor Bellichick and Darth Brady.

I'm kind of leaning towards Carolina winning the NFC right now. The Panthers and the Los Angeles Rams are dangerous right now.

AFC, New England has it on lockdown. I don't think Pittsburgh or Jacksonville will be able to go to the Death Star and beat Emperor Bellichick and Darth Brady.
Great minds...You know the rest

Meh, still two games to go before I will make a prediction.Obviously, Andy is all pumped up because the Jags haven't made the playoffs in 10 years, and I can't blame him.I'm looking forward to the 49ers and Jags game Sunday:D

Andy is all pumped up because the Jags haven't made the playoffs in 10 years, and I can't blame him

Damn right I'm pumped up!!!!

Seeing this team become contenders has made up for the past decade. So proud to be a Jags fan, to have stood by this team through all the misery, and be rewarded finally.

Having to watch Old Man Dungy and all the analysts in the NFL media who have trashed this team for a decade and trashed the fanbase have to talk about how good they are was extra satisfying. I could tell it was physically painful to Dungy to have to talk about how good Blake Bortles is playing.

It would be kinda cool to see Jacksonville get to the Super Bowl just because it would be somebody different. In the last 14 years, only 5 teams have represented the AFC in the Super Bowl (Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, Ravens, and Colts).

Damn right I'm pumped up!!!!

Seeing this team become contenders has made up for the past decade. So proud to be a Jags fan, to have stood by this team through all the misery, and be rewarded finally.

Having to watch Old Man Dungy and all the analysts in the NFL media who have trashed this team for a decade and trashed the fanbase have to talk about how good they are was extra satisfying. I could tell it was physically painful to Dungy to have to talk about how good Blake Bortles is playing.

I've never seen Bortles before, so I'm looking forward to seeing the Jags and Bortles play the 49ers on Sunday. By the way, I'll be at the game.:D

It would be kinda cool to see Jacksonville get to the Super Bowl just because it would be somebody different. In the last 14 years, only 5 teams have represented the AFC in the Super Bowl (Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, Ravens, and Colts).

Speaking of the Colts... I hate to see someone as good as Andrew Luck rotting away at that **** team.

I've never seen Bortles before, so I'm looking forward to seeing the Jags and Bortles play the 49ers on Sunday. By the way, I'll be at the game.:D

49ers are on a roll, I'm kind of worried about this game.

This will be a test for Jimmy Garoppolo though. As good as the 49ers are right now, the Jags aren't the Bears or Texans or Titans.

I'm torn on the 49ers, I want to see Jimmy G do well, but I hate the way that team treated Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick.

This will be a test for Jimmy Garoppolo though. As good as the 49ers are right now, the Jags aren't the Bears or Texans or Titans.

I'm torn on the 49ers, I want to see Jimmy G do well, but I hate the way that team treated Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick.
Jimmy is the new Golden Child of the NFL, I wouldn't be surprised if SF made the playoffs next year. The dude is the real deal, he has a great attitude, smart, and he's got a ton of talent.

I don't think the 49ers will win the game. The Jags are far more talented. I'm just looking for a good competitive game. Also, our all-pro offensive tackle Trent Brown is done for the year and will be replaced by Zane Beadles who's a guard trying to play tackle.:eek: Keep an eye on Reuben Foster, he's like a heat-seeking missile and it won't be long before he turns out to be one of the best LB in the game if he can stay healthy.

Harbaugh made the decision as far as how the Smith and Kap thing played out. I'm guessing Smith is happy he gets to play for a team that goes to the playoffs every year instead of the 49ers who have been a complete **** show for the last 4 years. As far as Kap goes, he ran out of talent and the league figured out how to defend him.

Last edited:
Harbaugh made the decision as far as how the Smith and Kap thing played out. I'm guessing Smith is happy he gets to play for a team that goes to the playoffs every year instead of the 49ers who have been a complete sh!t show for the last 4 years. As far as Kap goes, he ran out of talent and the league figured out how to defend him.

Smith should've got to start in the Super Bowl once he was recovered from his injury. The outcome would have been different I think if he had.

Kaepernick was better than Gabbert.

Week 16 Playoff Scenarios, copy and pasted from USA Today:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/964960001

AFC

New England Patriots (already clinched AFC East)

New England clinches homefield advantage throughout AFC playoffs:

1) NE win + PIT loss + JAX loss or tie

New England clinches a first-round bye:

1) NE win + PIT loss

2) NE win + JAX loss or tie

3) NE tie + JAX loss

Pittsburgh Steelers (already clinched AFC North)

Pittsburgh clinches a first-round bye:

1) PIT win + JAX loss or tie

2) PIT tie + JAX loss

Jacksonville Jaguars (already clinched playoff berth)

Jacksonville clinches AFC South:

1) JAX win or tie

2) TEN loss or tie

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas City clinches AFC West:

1) KC win

2) LAC loss

3) KC tie + LAC tie

NFC

Philadelphia Eagles (already clinched NFC East, first-round bye)

Philadelphia clinches homefield advantage throughout NFC playoffs:

1) PHI win

2) MIN loss

3) PHI tie + MIN tie

Minnesota Vikings (already clinched NFC North)

Minnesota (after winning Saturday night) clinches a first-round bye:

1) CAR loss or tie

Los Angeles Rams

Rams clinch NFC West:

1) LAR win or tie

2) SEA loss or tie

Rams clinch a playoff berth:

1) DET loss or tie + CAR loss + ATL loss

New Orleans Saints

New Orleans clinches NFC South:

1) NO win + CAR loss

New Orleans clinches a playoff berth:

1) NO win or tie

2) DAL-SEA tie

Carolina Panthers

Carolina clinches a playoff berth:

1) CAR win or tie

2) DAL-SEA tie

Atlanta Falcons

Atlanta clinches a playoff berth:

1) ATL win

2) ATL tie + DAL-SEA tie + DET loss or tie

Teams that will be eliminated with a loss: BUF, DAL, DET, LAC, OAK, SEA

Already eliminated: AZ, CHI, CIN, CLE, DEN, GB, HOU, IND, MIA, NYG, NYJ, SF, TB, WAS

I don't follow the NFL any longer but hope the Bills go all the way. I have a personal reason. Steve was co-worker, a huge Bills fan and great friend for many years. He and I had a bet on a play off game back in 1990 or so. Bills vs ?? I won. Monday morning when I walked in the office everyone had a chit eating grin. Steve is' in the conference room with $50 in loose Buffalo nickels spread out on the table. LMAO
He's in hospice now,I'd like to see him leave with a smile.

That's what I think it will be. As good as Philly and Minnesota have been this year, I don't see Nick Foles or Case Keenum taking a team to the Super Bowl.
I'm impressed by Foles so far but he seems to have the Rookie jitters since he was out of the game for so long. He needs some settle down time.

saints-pats
There are two things that could happen to keep the pats from advancing past the first playoff game.
1- The officials start calling a game that doesn't give preferential treatment to the pats. But that aint gonna happen because it never has.
2- Gronk is sidelined. Without him Brady is screwed.

There are two things that could happen to keep the pats from advancing past the first playoff game.
1- The officials start calling a game that doesn't give preferential treatment to the pats. But that aint gonna happen because it never has.
2- Gronk is sidelined. Without him Brady is screwed.
I refuse to believe that that is really happening but damn, it's hard to refute. Al Riveron, head of the officiating, seems to always rule with NE on every call for review. The guy even contradicts himself when explaining his reasoning behind the calls. You know there's an issue when the officiating becomes the spotlight of the game. I have hope that during the off-season, something will be done to correct the current system.

Come on, the rules say one thing, which is what the officials go by. From what I've read they aren't changing the possession / catch rule any time soon.

Looks like my Titans need either a win or losses by the Bills and Chargers to get in. They could still even end up with the 5 seed if they win and the Ravens lose. Even though we've dropped three straight and will probably be without DeMarco Murray, I'm optimistic about Sunday. They played well enough against the Rams to give me some hope, and though it was awhile ago, we did blow out the Jags in Jacksonville earlier in the year. Marrone says he's not resting their starters though despite the fact Jacksonville is locked into the #3 seed regardless of what happens Sunday.

Three questionably calls that could have gone either way but all went in the pats favor.
kraft is writing big checks to the refs.

Because I watch the games and have a different perception of the goings on than you do. Also I can look at it objectively since I don't have a dog in the fight.

Looks like my Titans need either a win or losses by the Bills and Chargers to get in. They could still even end up with the 5 seed if they win and the Ravens lose. Even though we've dropped three straight and will probably be without DeMarco Murray, I'm optimistic about Sunday. They played well enough against the Rams to give me some hope, and though it was awhile ago, we did blow out the Jags in Jacksonville earlier in the year. Marrone says he's not resting their starters though despite the fact Jacksonville is locked into the #3 seed regardless of what happens Sunday.
Jags are a better team than they were on week two and the Titans are worse than they were on week two.

Back
Top Bottom