NHL 2020 Playoffs restart

gnomesayin

Team Owner
How do hockey fans feel about the format and field they came up with? What are your predictions?

I've really enjoyed going to NHL games the few times I've done that, and I also enjoy going to minor league games, but I struggle to maintain interest watching on TV. Low key fan of the Washington Caps. I'll probably become more interested as the playoffs progress.

NHL is the only mainstream sport where you can score "stage points" like Nascar, so that is kinda interesting. It serves as a reminder that there are many choices on how to structure a competition... more than one way to "skin a cat" as they say. Some people think there's only one acceptable way to structure the game and structure the season's championship, but I think that is tomfoolery..:dual9mm:

Considering my Flyers were a top 4 team in the East and get to skip a round I like it. Hopefully we remain as hot as we were when the season was suspended. We won our warm up against the Penguins on tuesday so I'm ready for some playoff hockey

NHL is the only mainstream sport where you can score "stage points" like Nascar, so that is kinda interesting. It serves as a reminder that there are many choices on how to structure a competition... more than one way to "skin a cat" as they say. Some people think there's only one acceptable way to structure the game and structure the season's championship, but I think that is tomfoolery..:dual9mm:

How do you mean? The points structure with regard to overtime games? I would not consider that as an analog to NASCAR's modern stage points method. If the NHL started giving teams a point for each regulation period they "win", that would be comparable.

What the NHL does with overtime is essentially recognize that when a game is close enough to be tied at the end of regulation, both teams deserve some reward. That would be a wild idea to introduce into NASCAR: If the race enters "overtime", the winner gets 5 playoff points, the second place finisher gets 2, and so on.

I could go on (and on) about my issues with the implementation of NASCAR's stage points concept, but I'll try not to hijack my own thread. :D

The round-robin for seeding the top four in each conference is kinda goofy but after that and the qualifier round it’s business as usual so no problem really. I do think the absence of fans will be felt more here than anywhere else. Stanley Cup playoffs are always fun though so I’m looking forward to it. Hopefully the Islanders can make some noise and the Lightning don’t faceplant again.

Flyers win all 3 round robin games in the East to take the number 1 seed. ORANGE AND BLACK BABY!

Columbus and Tampa Bay game 1 is currently tied at 2 in the 3rd ot

Now will head to a 4th OT

Calgary/Dallas dropped around 5:30 Eastern and are gonna finish before this one does...I don’t wanna see Columbus anymore.

The NHL record is 6 OTs in 1936 the Flyers and Penguins played a 5 OT game early this century

Game becomes just the 5th in NHL history to go to a 5th OT and first since 2003

Lightning finally score to end it just short of the longest game in modern era 4th longest all time

Game was so long that because of the bubble Hurricanes Bruins was moved to tomorrow had been scheduled at 8

Flyers have just been so bad this series they've been outscored by 8 goals in the 3rd period

In game 6 Oskar Lindblom of the Glyers makes his return after a cancer diagnosis earlier this year, 2 and a half months after his last treatment

Great great game Ivan Proverov scores the game winner for the Flyers in double ot for the 5-4 win game 7 saturday

What a time to be alive
Arguably the hardest cup to ever win. I don’t necessarily subscribe to that notion, however this cup by NO means will have an asterisk next to it. Itll be interesting to hear from a player who wins this cup and has won a cup previous to get his opinion on that.

Dallas was absolutely gassed especially in the OT sessions. Just have to take advantage when opportunity knocks. What a game.

caught the end of it. cool to see the Stars make a series of it. Long time Anaheim Duck Corey Perry, strong on his stick for the game winner.

I have to give a shoutout to my Rams this morning and say keep the wins a coming. :punkrocke

:D

Might be a great year for Tampa Bay sports. Big 2018-2019 Virginia basketball energy in this run after getting swept by Columbus last year.

Congrats @FLRacingFan and @AdoubleU24 on the back to back. I wouldn’t consider myself a Tampa fan but I’ve admired them from a far the past few years. What they were able to do with their homegrown talent has been nothing short of phenomenal, have the hardware to support it and have a legit shot at a 3peat next season. The flyers are garbage so I’d love to see it happen.

As somebody who’s played hockey and been involved in the sport on numerous levels for over 20 years whenever the Stanley Cup is awarded it chokes me up (lol, no shame). It’s the greatest trophy in all of sports and the hardest to win.

PS only 93 days till the start of the next regular season, buts who’s counting...

1625786193939.jpeg

Congrats @FLRacingFan and @AdoubleU24 on the back to back. I wouldn’t consider myself a Tampa fan but I’ve admired them from a far the past few years. What they were able to do with their homegrown talent has been nothing short of phenomenal, have the hardware to support it and have a legit shot at a 3peat next season. The flyers are garbage so I’d love to see it happen.

As somebody who’s played hockey and been involved in the sport on numerous levels for over 20 years whenever the Stanley Cup is awarded it chokes me up (lol, no shame). It’s the greatest trophy in all of sports and the hardest to win.

PS only 93 days till the start of the next regular season, buts who’s counting...

View attachment 56331
Thanks brother! I was fortunate enough to go to game 1 of the finals but last night was a little out of the price range haha. Truly incredible following this group of guys for the last 6 years and watching them grow into their final form these last 2 years. Gonna be hard to see some of these guys go elsewhere in the offseason. I teared up a little myself last night just knowing that even though the ride isn't over, it'll certainly be different going forward.

Last edited:

View attachment 56331
I’m glad they got to do at Amalie this time, there was still the celebration on the River last year but it’s different having to watch it all happen from thousands of miles away in a subdued setting. This makes up for all that for everyone involved, players and coaches too…just look at that pic. Fantastic.

Wish they’d trade the Seattle Kraken to New Orleans in exchange for the Pelicans.

Of course some people will be upset, but it just makes sense to me…….

Back
Top Bottom