Nil chances... then, blooming opportunities

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Truex_rox, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

Hello, guys!

I guess this thread will serve as a diary of sorts, considering how I'm starting out and documenting things.

Earlier this week, after pushing and persevering for months on end and nearly having my savings dry up, I finally got called up for a job offer. The offer came from Belk, of all places. I had applied there nearly a year ago. So, today, I finally got put into a job interview setting. The previous job was for a family-run business, so no interview was necessary. This was my first genuine job interview. I'm quite happy with how it worked out. Well, no sooner than I had had my successful Belk interview, I learned of another, even better, opportunity that was budding. My graphic design professor informed me that with my experience, I would more than likely get hired at a nearby screen-printing business called "M'Print", starting off at $9.00/hr. Not long after I messaged the business owner, he responded back.

After basically 10 months of struggling to keep the ship from capsizing, figuratively speaking, suddenly I have two fairly decent job opportunities on top of the family business. This has been a blessed day.

BobbyFord, DIDIT, sdj and 11 others like this.
  2. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Congratulations. Good luck with it.

2 Sweet and Truex_rox like this.
  3. be9ak7ts16

be9ak7ts16 Hick

Good luck bud. It’s amazing how things always work out.

Truex_rox, Johali and 2 Sweet like this.
  4. Truex_rox

Still riding a high wave of confidence and great fortune here.

Today marks my graduation from college. I've already made some memories from earlier on in the day. There's more to be had. :D

Greg, ToyYoda, dpkimmel2001 and 3 others like this.
  5. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Sounds like a lot of good things are happening for you. Keep it up!

Truex_rox and Greg like this.
  6. Truex_rox

So, I am not going to lie - graduating from college and starting a new life beyond college is not all that it is cracked up to be.

It makes me even more grateful that I had certain people around me to prepare me for this growing up.

For one, the lead with M-Print did not work out. They wanted someone who could lend all of their time to them, and didn't want to risk having me go off to college in the fall and not have enough time for their business.
    I haven't been making as much money as I was hoping to make, and that's even with my frugal nature coming in to play. It's going to be tough if it continues at this rate, as I am trying to move to the coast towards the end of August, or maybe early September, and I'm trying to go in with, you know, sufficient funds so that I actually have something to my name when I come into my new home. I am determined not to have my best friend and room-mate be solely responsible for the bills and what not.

My Camaro currently has a power steering issue; it shudders in turns, and I chose to stop driving it altogether. I hope to get it back soon, as it has been such a thrill and a blessing to pretty much have my dream car from the word go. That's been one of the best things I've had to look forward to everyday.

So my summary for the moment is that I'm not making as much money as planned, but I'm still no less diligent. My car is not working at the moment, but I'm no less thankful for it, as well as my parents who chose to get it for me. That is the best present ever.

Clutch and StandOnIt like this.
  7. Truex_rox

Got a job at Bed, Bath & Beyond that is actually paying pretty well for a PT Stock Associate gig.

Turns out the Camaro had a ball joint that was "loose as a goose." It's gonna be coming back home realllll soon!

StandOnIt and Clutch like this.