NO SUSPENSION FOR THE #24

Brian Pattie fined $25k
Kez fined $25k for electronic device in the car. (phone)

Strange. Didn't nascar endorse that after Brad's Daytona 500 BBQ tweet?

Flashback.....

NASCAR Will Not Fine Brad Keselowski For Twitter Use, Encourages Drivers To Use Social Media

NASCAR will not fine Brad Keselowski for using Twitter during the red-flag delay of the Daytona 500, according to Yahoo Sports. In fact, in a statement released today, the racing governing body encouraged Keselowski for his creative use of social media during the race.

“Nothing we’ve seen from Brad violates any current rules pertaining to the use of social media during races,” NASCAR said in a statement. “As such, he won’t be penalized. We encourage our drivers to use social media to express themselves as long as they do so without risking their safety or that of others.”

Keselowski drew headlines when he sent several tweets during a delay at the Daytona 500. As a result of his “Twitterfest” during the Daytona 500 he increased his following by 135,000. He has also been winning accolades from the sport’s world for his move.

Strange. Didn't nascar endorse that after Brad's Daytona 500 BBQ tweet?
Not sure NASCRAP was happy with his rant on twitter while he was sitting in the car during the red flag...ALSO...The profanity filled post race interview probably did'nt go over well either. So, they slapped his pee pee

"Brad Keselowski, driver of the No. 2 car, has been fined $25,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31 for violating Sections 12-1 and 20-6.7A (cars and drivers will not be permitted to carry onboard computers, automated electronic recording devices, electronically actuated devices, power distribution modules, power conditioners, micro-processors, recording devices, electronic digital memory chips, traction control devices, digital readout gauges"

That's the same rule Harvick pointed to after the 500, and nascar said 'nah, it's OK'.

Didn't nascar say they wouldn't penalize drivers for cursing? This may be their way around it, but it is also the end of those cool in car pics and tweets.

Bob Pockrass@bobpockrass
#NASCAR: Following D500, we communicated to drivers & teams that moving forward, they wouldnt be permitted to carry cell phone on board

nascar is so strange.

Anyone think Gordon will appeal his fine and a former GM exec. will make the final call to let him off. Usual Nascar BS to take care of their Golden Boys. Why didn't they say that he was on probation for 1 week, how many races will they run between now and Dec.31? And the fine for Kez. is a joke. DO they think he was texting while he was driving?

The idiots saying what Kyle did last year and what Jeff did yesterday were essentially the same thing will likely be crying about this. Haha

They were "were essentially the same thing", dummy.

1) The both lost control of their anger.
2) They both took out a championship contender.
3) They are both assholes.
4) They are both chicken**** pussies.

...oh wait, Jeff did it under green. Nevermind. :rolleyes:

The idiots saying what Kyle did last year and what Jeff did yesterday were essentially the same thing will likely be crying about this. Haha

Crying? Why? Gordon will likely be the only one crying when he gets slammed into the wall next week by Bowyer.

Just a reminder...he is my favorite driver and still is. However, I lost a lot of respect for him after what he did.

Getting back to the no suspention thing, What do expect Nascar to do be consistent.
If they park Gordon for Homestead the drama is gone, people will watch just waiting for the payback by Bowyer.
Most people figure the championship is over, and they will tune in strictly waiting for the wreck. Without Gordon what's the point.
The real fans don't watch for wrecks just the racing. But on the other hand Nascar could care less about the real fan, only ticket sales and ratings which equals MONEY.

Crying? Why? Gordon will likely be the only one crying when he gets slammed into the wall next week by Bowyer.

Just a reminder...he is my favorite driver and still is. However, I lost a lot of respect for him after what he did.

Matt doesn't understand racing, but if you have any questions about coffee........

Getting back to the no suspention thing, What do expect Nascar to do be consistent.
If they park Gordon for Homestead the drama is gone, people will watch just waiting for the payback by Bowyer.
Most people figure the championship is over, and they will tune in strictly waiting for the wreck. Without Gordon what's the point.
The real fans don't watch for wrecks just the racing. But on the other hand Nascar could care less about the real fan, only ticket sales and ratings which equals MONEY.

I hope you don't think that's different from any other sport. Shoot, that's can even be said for the majority of businesses and corporations. These days, it's all about the money, and for obvious reasons! Without money, you are eventually going to die. Gotta do what you gotta do to survive. Sad, but true.

the only difference is kyle had a history of stupid behavior and probation.

personal opinion: considering jeff took out a chase championship contender, was being black flagged, and after listening to the audio posted on the other thread, he should be parked for homestead.

I hope you don't think that's different from any other sport. Shoot, that's can even be said for the majority of businesses and corporations. These days, it's all about the money, and for obvious reasons! Without money, you are eventually going to die. Gotta do what you gotta do to survive. Sad, but true.
Don't think it's different from anything , just trying to say it's too bad.
I agree, sad, but true.

The thing is that his phone service is Verizon!

That explains it!

Next, NASCAR will let them use phones in cars during red flags, but anybody not using a Sprint phone will be required to throw their phone out the window net during the pace laps.

That explains it!

Next, NASCAR will let them use phones in cars during red flags, but anybody not using a Sprint phone will be required to throw their phone out the window net during the pace laps.

As long as they don't do it to bring out a caution. :D

BTW, welcome aboard Kevin.

We need a burp here Johali.:D
Most of the posts I've read today need a damn BURP, but I was hunting yesterday and just watched the race on dvr. More bullcrap on here today than I've read outside the podium in a long time.

Now I don't think clint is that stupid, he is only 1 point out of 3rd and I'm sure 3rd pays better than 4th, now on jeff's fine and points, pretty weak just pocket change. I think kyle ought to go on a Brad rant, he pretty much did the same thing and got parked and fined and points and jeff gets slapped on the hand now I don't want to hear the BS argument "that kyle is a prick and he deserved what he got" Yes he is but jeff should get the same dam punishment.

The short answer for why there was no Gordon suspension is it would take the potential Bowyer payback storyline out of homesteads which is not "good for business"....again I say controversy creates cash...

Now I don't think clint is that stupid, he is only 1 point out of 3rd and I'm sure 3rd pays better than 4th, now on jeff's fine and points, pretty weak just pocket change. I think kyle ought to go on a Brad rant, he pretty much did the same thing and got parked and fined and points and jeff gets slapped on the hand now I don't want to hear the BS argument "that kyle is a prick and he deserved what he got" Yes he is but jeff should get the same dam punishment.
Everyone keeps saying what Jeff did and what Kyle did were the same. I don't think so. Jeff's was a one time deal. Kyle's kept doing stupid stuff over and over. That was just the stick that broke the camel's back when he wrecked Hornaday.

The short answer for why there was no Gordon suspension is it would take the potential Bowyer payback storyline out of homesteads which is not "good for business"....again I say controversy creates cash...

If I was Bowyer, I'd behave myself at Homestead and wreck Gordon at Daytona in 2013, but that's just me.

If I was Bowyer, I'd behave myself at Homestead and wreck Gordon at Daytona in 2013, but that's just me.
2012 Homestead no. 2013 Daytona no. Way to much time to come back from a bad finish the first race of the year. 2013 @ Homestead when Jeff is battling it out for his Chase spot would be a good payback time. Do it when it means something. ;)

troll-b-gone.jpg

Back
Top Bottom