Noah G on list of drivers possible to 48?

I've ALWAYS thought that if he had a strong year in Xfinity, he would be in the mix. I'd like to see him get a little more seasoning, but you can't deny that he is fast, and if you can't get Kez or Matty D, is he really any worse than your remaining options? IF Jimmie had decided to run one more year, I would have taken that as a sign that they were holding that seat for Gragson. Since that didn't happen, I'm guessing they are looking in another direction, but I still wouldn't be totally shocked if he got the job.

No doubt Noah is giving it hell in the Xfinity series throwing caution to the wind. Lack of cup experience would be his only minus. That hasn't stopped Hendrick before though.

Jimmie himself was garbage in Busch...

No doubt Noah is giving it hell in the Xfinity series throwing caution to the wind. Lack of cup experience would be his only minus. That hasn't stopped Hendrick before though.

Noah is impressing the hell out of me. I agree....not quite ready, but he will be some day.

If he can beat the hell out of Briscoe and Cendric and win the title he will accomplish something. Those two have a lot more races under their belts. There is no problem with having to buy out contracts with Gragson being in the fold already either.

As the initial article noted, Noah would give HMS four drivers under 28. I wonder if Rick would try to put a vet in there for a year, someone with more experience than Chase's six years. (NOT Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards, Greg Biffle, Kyle Larson.)

If he can beat the hell out of Briscoe and Cendric and win the title he will accomplish something. Those two have a lot more races under their belts. There is no problem with having to buy out contracts with Gragson being in the fold already either.
Given the winner take all format I don't think you can use winning a championship as a metric for judging a driver.

You need to look at how the compare throughout the season, not at one race at one track alone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

right now reddick is on top of my lst for getting the 48.but my favorite would be bell.i think matt d is a great fit with the woods

Did I say that?
I don't know what the hell point you were trying to make, but you used my post, and when you do that, include me, and I didn't have a clue what you said had to do with what I said, yeah I'll ask a question. If you don't like it, don't pull my post into your conversation. So again, what does Jimmie Johnson being garbage in the Xfinity series have to do with Gragson?

right now reddick is on top of my lst for getting the 48.but my favorite would be bell.i think matt d is a great fit with the woods

I don't remember the details of Reddick's contract, but I would be shocked if he wasn't locked up. Toyota has spent a lot of money on Bell, so I don't see them throwing away that investment after one season, mediocre or not. If Reddick had stayed in the Jr. Motorsports fold a little bit longer, I believe he would have become the leading candidate for that ride barring Kez wanting it, and maybe even then.

Johnny Benson, David Green, Jeff Green, Daniel Suarez, Chris Buescher, Austin Dillon, Ricky Stenhouse, Brian Vickers, Steve Grissom, Randy LaJoie, Martin Truex (for a decade). That covers just the champions that have underwhelmed at the Cup level. Keep in mind that only four drivers have EVER won both titles, and Harvick and Busch really don't count.

I don't remember the details of Reddick's contract, but I would be shocked if he wasn't locked up. Toyota has spent a lot of money on Bell, so I don't see them throwing away that investment after one season, mediocre or not. If Reddick had stayed in the Jr. Motorsports fold a little bit longer, I believe he would have become the leading candidate for that ride barring Kez wanting it, and maybe even then.
Reddick took the carrot that was dangled in front of him. Good move by Childress, he has a driver he can build on. I think Gragson knows the potential of where he could end up if he performs. I've wondered how Gragson's personality would work with that bunch. Hendrick hasn't had a jokester working for him in a really long time.

Johnny Benson, David Green, Jeff Green, Daniel Suarez, Chris Buescher, Austin Dillon, Ricky Stenhouse, Brian Vickers, Steve Grissom, Randy LaJoie, Martin Truex (for a decade). That covers just the champions that have underwhelmed at the Cup level.
How many of those drivers are still cup racing who haven't aged out? Truex, Stenhouse, Buescher, even Suarez are still cup racing.

Guys that come to mind are Randy LaJoe, Jeff Green, Suarez, Vickers, David Green, Jason Keller, Stenhouse.....
Lajoie never came close to running a full season in cup, Suarez is still in Cup, Vickers raced mostly part time for 16 years in cup, Keller never won an Xfinity title, and only raced 2 times in Cup, Stenhouse has run full time for 10 years in cup. I get what you are saying but almost all of those drivers have had long careers in the Cup series :idunno:

But Elliott, Bowman and Byron would be in their fourth season as teammates, with Elliott in his sixth season of full-time competition, so would it be absolutely necessary for them to replace Johnson with a veteran, especially if that veteran cannot be Keselowski?
I disagree with the above statement. Why would they need a veteran driver?
The competition is all young guns and other than Hamlin, Harvick or Kyle, the old guys are not getting it done. Besides that 2021 will be in a new car so all the old notes are out the window. I think Gregson would be fine with a 1 yr contract and an option.

Lajoie never came close to running a full season in cup,

He was fired before he could. Ward Burton ended up in that car and performance went up dramatically.

Suarez is still in Cup,

My guess is not for much longer......

Vickers raced mostly part time for 16 years in cup,

Drove for Hendrick when they were at the absolute top, and accomplished almost nothing.

Stenhouse has run full time for 10 years in cup. I get what you are saying but almost all of those drivers have had long careers in the Cup series :idunno:

I'm convinced the ONLY reason Stenhouse has a job is because people feel he can shoehorn his way into a plate win and qualify for the playoffs. If he were judged by his performance at all the other tracks, he wouldn't have a ride at all, at least one he actually gets paid for.

But Elliott, Bowman and Byron would be in their fourth season as teammates, with Elliott in his sixth season of full-time competition, so would it be absolutely necessary for them to replace Johnson with a veteran, especially if that veteran cannot be Keselowski?
I disagree with the above statement. Why would they need a veteran driver?
The competition is all young guns and other than Hamlin, Harvick or Kyle, the old guys are not getting it done. Besides that 2021 will be in a new car so all the old notes are out the window. I think Gregson would be fine with a 1 yr contract and an option.

I agree that it makes little sense to bring in a veteran in this situation unless it's a guy like Kez that still has several years in the tank. My guess is that IF Rick wanted a short term guy to keep the seat warm, he would have just convinced Jimmie to stick around another year. Based on Jimmie's comments, I don't think that would have been all that hard. The fact that Jimmie has walked back his comments about possibly not retiring kind of tells me Rick has a plan in place, we just don't know what it is yet.

He was fired before he could. Ward Burton ended up in that car and performance went up dramatically.

My guess is not for much longer......

Drove for Hendrick when they were at the absolute top, and accomplished almost nothing.

I'm convinced the ONLY reason Stenhouse has a job is because people feel he can shoehorn his way into a plate win and qualify for the playoffs. If he were judged by his performance at all the other tracks, he wouldn't have a ride at all, at least one he actually gets paid for.

You’re wasting your time. Trust me.

Other than Kez, I'm not impressed by of the ones from the last decade. In the '00s, those Busch and Harvick titles came after they'd already been running Cup. Labonte and Jr. were the only notables in the '90s.

You may feel otherwise. The point wasn't their longevity, but that they didn't accomplish much during their Cup careers.

Other than Kez, I'm not impressed by of the ones from the last decade. In the '00s, those Busch and Harvick titles came after they'd already been running Cup. Labonte and Jr. were the only notables in the '90s.

You may feel otherwise. I don't think anyone's debating longevity of some of them, but they didn't accomplish much during their tenures.
I do, the vast majority that did well in Xfinity have long careers in Cup. But to some their idea of success in Cup is to rival 7 time.

How come people keep putting Reddick in the 48? They really want him out of RCR I guess. I think RC can rebuild the organization around Tyler and I would think by now both parties know that. Even Austin has been running well since we came back from the stoppage and was running better than last year before that. RCR is on the up and up I think, Tyler's not going anywhere. I'd be SHOCKED.

Riddick is out performing silver spoon on a weekly basis isnt he?

Guys that come to mind are Randy LaJoe, Jeff Green, Suarez, Vickers, David Green, Jason Keller, Stenhouse.....

The same list could be made for the successful ones though. It's hit or miss imo.

From what I have seen of Gragson the past year or two , the kid has a hot shoe. I like the excitement he brings.
Thumbs up from me if Hendrick gets him.

Back
Top Bottom