North Wilks 2022 racing Schedule

7B760DEB-0EE5-4C61-AC81-E601F2CEB47D.jpeg

That's a sellout race, easily.

Doubt it. NASCAR star power (even Jr) means little these days and when NW was re-opened for the few late model races it didn't sell out.

I hope it draws well, and I'm sure it will. But let's not get ahead of ourselves with sell-out crowds coming to a racetrack in the middle of nowhere because Jr is in it.

Just call me Bob...cause it has lights

Racing kicks off today

Dale Jr with an announcement

You were actually at the speedway tonight??
20220802_201344.jpg

It certainly was cool, its as of right now stuck in time. Super old school feeling to the track, its racey with multiple lanes to work with. It was worth the drive, I enjoyed every second of it. With a bit more TLC, this place could really bounce back.

View attachment 64371View attachment 64372

It certainly was cool, its as of right now stuck in time. Super old school feeling to the track, its racey with multiple lanes to work with. It was worth the drive, I enjoyed every second of it. With a bit more TLC, this place could really bounce back.
Oh wow. I’m incredibly jealous, hope you had a good time. I can’t imagine watching a race from there. Seems like from what I’ve seen on Twitter, the facility still has a ways to go but they did a whole hell of a lot to make it safe enough for fans to attend a race.

Oh wow. I’m incredibly jealous, hope you had a good time. I can’t imagine watching a race from there. Seems like from what I’ve seen on Twitter, the facility still has a ways to go but they did a whole hell of a lot to make it safe enough for fans to attend a race.
Oh absolutely, but to sit there and say I didn't enjoy myself would be a lie. Some fans were wesring shirts that had back in '96 the last race there. Some young, older, and in between. If you have the chance, go see the asphalt events. You won't be dissapointed, it was worth the drive from Kannapolis.

Oh absolutely, but to sit there and say I didn't enjoy myself would be a lie. Some fans were wesring shirts that had back in '96 the last race there. Some young, older, and in between. If you have the chance, go see the asphalt events. You won't be dissapointed, it was worth the drive from Kannapolis.
I’m too far away. I wanted to go to the race Dale Jr is racing but I don’t think it’s going to line up as I have to go out of town for work in a few weeks and don’t want to take more time off of work. I’m so bummed, that track is on my bucket list. I bet it was a damn cool feeling walking up that ramp to get into the seats.

you plan on going to anymore events there over the course of the month?

No, they actually did a good job of sealing and patching up the track.

It really does look good.

Wish they would spend their money elsewhere then trying a fresh repave…….

However the dirt track fan in me LIKES North Wilkesboro dirt a lot.

Wish they would spend their money elsewhere then trying a fresh repave…….

However the dirt track fan in me LIKES North Wilkesboro dirt a lot.
In due time, the process of the revival is just beginning. If they continue to have butts in the seats like they did the first week, everything else will fall into place.

In due time, the process of the revival is just beginning. If they continue to have butts in the seats like they did the first week, everything else will fall into place.
I was looking at the schedule today trying to find a spot it fits in my schedule.

CARS Tour PPV has to be good for this one. Wish it was 150 or 200 laps, wonder how abrasive those tires really are.

I hope this revival sticks and the track has some racing next year too. It’s great to see the excitement of fans and the people involved in the sport that the track is back. I really want to attend a race there in the near future. The place does look great on social media.

Back
Top Bottom