Not a hate crime....

I have to look at my time stamp down stairs and see who came up with this thought first...you or me. :)
yep TRL called it. Try to keep that a secret while they do an internal investigation..B.S. The noose is a symbol of death and who wouldn't think that it could lead to serious harm..they even let the team in to check the car over and they were impounded. I wonder what the R-F experts would say if they had a bunch of amateurs doing an investigation and something would have happened to Bubba.

It wasn’t a hate crime. It wasn’t Jussie Smollett 2.0 either.

A lot of people on both sides of the issue were wrong on this one.
I do find humor in news reporting “noose found in garage was there in 2019”.

It wasn’t a noose. It was a garage door pull rope fashioned into a bimini twist knot.

They can’t even get the corrected story right.

We're all in the 21st century now and moved beyond the racist past. Anyone claiming they're held back by the color of their skin is a prisoner of their own mind. There's too many wealthy successful minorities to make the false claim that "institutional racism" is holding anyone back. White privilege is a phony marxist construct.
I’ll pass that on to the NAACP.

My point is America isn't as bad as you and some others here claim it is. Savvy?
I'm not saying America is bad. I'm saying racism exists, and impacts people deeply who are effected by it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

There were posters here saying racists are in the garage. BS. I thought this was a Jesse Smollett situation. Turns out it wasn't anything at all but a massive overreaction. We're all in the 21st century now and moved beyond the racist past. Anyone claiming they're held back by the color of their skin is a prisoner of their own mind. There's too many wealthy successful minorities to make the false claim that "institutional racism" is holding anyone back. White privilege is a phony marxist construct. It's patently false. In the business world with government and even some private contracts women and minority owned businesses get preferential treatment. That is a fact.
This is flat out wrong wrong. To claim racism exists only psychologically in the individual is incredibly incredibly out of touch. Saying that we moved past racism, and that it only exists in the minds of minorities is a racist thing to say. Racism isn't political. It's social and a human rights deal. This is a very uninformed, cultural biased take, and I hope you can better learn about this stuff. Terrible.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pass it on to Nascar while you're at it. They jumped the gun and looked foolish. Time to get back to racing and leave politics alone.
they didn't jump any gun. I wonder if you had a death threat to you and your employer said aw..it's just B.S. don't worry about it. we will send the rent a cop by.

I'm a little surprised they would let him out and about, even race, if his life were in danger.

I do find humor in news reporting “noose found in garage was there in 2019”.

It wasn’t a noose. It was a garage door pull rope fashioned into a bimini twist knot.

They can’t even get the corrected story right.

To the untrained eye it could certainly pass for a noose, imo.

Bimini-Twist.jpg

Here’s the deal: I want NASCAR to show us photos, give us details and more information. So far we have photos that show the stall from 2019 (with the loop built onto the end of the pull rope to assist pulling it down) and the pic from this event that shows a very shortened rope with no loop. The FBI investigation is over. Therefore answer these questions:

Where was the rope and “noose” located when the crew member reported it? Show us photos. Did anyone recognize the rope as being identical to the pull rope on the doors? Which crew member found and reported it? Was the location and appearance immediately considered threatening? what was the condition of the rope attached to the garage door of stall 4? Was there evidence of that rope being cut?

Unless I‘ve missed it none of this information is being offered. The rope is too obviously linked to the garage door. So why the 5 alarm fire?

Is it possible a crew member thought a “noose” would add attention to the cause, elicit sympathy and offset the anger coming from fans over the flag issue? Yes. It is also possible this was a complete overreaction by everyone involved due to the hyper critical political situation. More facts, details and shared evidence helps us determine if it’s the former (with NASCAR wanting it swept under the rug to protect the team) or the latter (which is embarrassing enough).

video from 2017 and damn near every stall has the same pull rope style. Stall #4 musta been a holdover.

Someone over reacted bigly. Bubba ran Dega in 2017 in the Xfinity series. Apparently it wasn’t an issue to him then or anyone in the garage.

So who cut the knot down off the door and tampered with evidence in a federal investigation?

The FBI did.

NASCAR and some of the idiotic beat reporters so screwed up on this one. The story should have been squashed before it got to the driver lot.

An investigation? These guys get paid 6 figures to work in a garage and cant identify a damn pull rope??? Come on dude. Nascar stirred up hatred during a time of turmoil. They wanted the attention and the spotlight and they got it. And now they're the laughing stock of the USA.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

An investigation? These guys get paid 6 figures to work in a garage and cant identify a damn pull rope??? Come on dude. Nascar stirred up hatred during a time of turmoil. They wanted the attention and the spotlight and they got it. And now they're the laughing stock of the USA.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Who's they?..by gawd it's a conspiracy

I can't help but feel bad for him. He didn't ask to be surrounded by such thirst for crisis and incompetence
I saw that he has an interview tomorrow night with ABC or NBC, one of the news stations. Whether its live or pre-recorded it’s gonna get slammed. The station chose to use video from the grid walk to promote it as well.

The FBI did.

NASCAR and some of the idiotic beat reporters so screwed up on this one. The story should have been squashed before it got to the driver lot.
right on, I looked and didn't see any details about what happened with that part.

What pains me is people are attacking Bubba's talent and character now. He has had to work for every shot he's been given. He built his career the right way. He wasn't handed anything, and now outsiders think it is the opposite.

The problem I see with suggesting that NASCAR should have stayed silent until the investigation was complete, is that
nothing in the garage can be kept under wraps for long. Someone would have said something, then people would have jumped on NASCAR --- yelling "cover-up". They are damned for reporting it, and we would damn them if they'd said nothing and it leaked out.

Well, given the totally questionable nature of the "evidence" perhaps saying they were investigating a "possible incident" without offering any real specifics would have been a more prudent course of action. As a result of the way it was handled, NASCAR looks bad, the media looks even worse (no surprise there) and through no fault of his own, Bubba will have to deal with the fall out of this from people who will use this incident as a backhanded way of discrediting HIM. By the way EVERYONE in the NASCAR community carried on, I was lead to believe that this was a 100% slam dunk no question about it case. It turns out NASCAR added 2 +2 and came up with 43. I'm concerned that the total absurdity of the situation will overshadow the genuine GOOD things that came out of last weekend. To see the entire NASCAR community rally around Bubba was very moving and heart warming, but outside of the NASCAR family, what will people remember about this episode?

What pains me is people are attacking Bubba's talent and character now. He has had to work for every shot he's been given. He built his career the right way. He wasn't handed anything, and now outsiders think it is the opposite.

Exactly. People are calling him Bubba Smollett and it couldn't be further from the truth.

That said, if he is giving interviews like Pockrass is stating, he is towing a fine line of self-victimization.

It's been fun watching him grow up and I hate to see him getting dragged into this polarizing sensationalist bull****.

What pains me is people are attacking Bubba's talent and character now.
I don’t doubt Bubba’s character, he’s a genuine guy.

He’s about to face a challenge of whether or not he accepts that there was no hate crime and that the world was pissed off at a racist ghost on Sunday due to the sport’s incredibly immature PR handling of the situation. So far from his CNN interview, it doesn’t seem like he has and he’s still chasing ghosts.

Hopefully after he sleeps on it and gets some time to himself he has a clear head.

If anyone was criticized for expressing that they would calmly wait for the results of the investigation before reacting, yes. For those who termed it a deliberate hoax (already happening again above), or played the "What about crime in Chicago?" game, no, they aren't owed anything but scorn.

If you want to scorn me because I care a thousand percent more about the wanton slaughter of innocent people in our major cities than ANYTHING that goes on in NASCAR land, I'll wear that badge with honor. I'm sure this post will get deleted ASAP, but don't you find it just a little bit odd that those those that should seemingly care the MOST about that subject seldom have much to say about it?

I have a question. How does Wallace get assigned the same exact garage that had the noose? From what I've read, it was the only garage with a noose. Too much coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom