Not a hate crime....

Many of the comments are absolute bull**** here. I mean my God... Our society created this reaction because of all of the **** that has done to our Black brothers and sisters. Blame the fact that there was context for this, not the fact that it happened. We jumped to conclusions because there was every reason to do so. Get rid of the context, and then we will be in a better place. I live for the day when our first reaction to that rope is that is a garage pull down. Won't that be awesome?

Nope. A sport diseased from the inside out would have lost respect. This whole deal is about unity and pushing out hate. I saw a lot of unity yesterday for all of the right reasons.

Might wanna check the general public and msm reaction to mistaking a pull down rope with a noose, it will be a much different view then through your NASCAR tinted glasses

As I said to Texas, I wish I had your outlook but I can't, this was without question one of the biggest overreactions on anything I have ever seen and nascar is going to have a very hard time recovering from it.

I don't agree. We have a context in this country that makes NASCAR's reaction the right reaction. We need a different context. That's what this is all about.

Many of the comments are absolute bull**** here. I mean my God... Our society created this reaction because of all of the **** that has done to our Black brothers and sisters. Blame the fact that there was context for this, not the fact that it happened. We jumped to conclusions because there was every reason to do so. Get rid of the context, and then we will be in a better place. I live for the day when our first reaction to that rope is that is a garage pull down. Won't that be awesome?
You should be doing some serious back peddaling. Some of your posts left me shaking my head.

The problem I see with suggesting that NASCAR should have stayed silent until the investigation was complete, is that
nothing in the garage can be kept under wraps for long. Someone would have said something, then people would have jumped on NASCAR --- yelling "cover-up". They are damned for reporting it, and we would damn them if they'd said nothing and it leaked out.

Might wanna check the general public and msm reaction to mistaking a pull down rope with a noose, it will be a much different view then through your NASCAR tinted glasses

Don't you think the general public is kind of ****** for the way we have treated our Black brothers and sisters?

I really can't believe no one on the Talladega staff was able to identify this rope as a garage door handle, or that no one noticed all the doors were similarly equipped. Geez, do none of them use self-storage? I've never seen a storage unit door that didn't have a rope like this. I would almost prefer that someone on staff knew and just wanted to let the bosses make fools of themselves.

You should be doing some serious back peddaling. Some of your posts left me shaking my head.

Says who? Who? Back peddalling? Why? Why? There is a reason that NASCAR jumped to conclusions. A very ****** good reason. Let's get rid of that reason.

The problem I see with suggesting that NASCAR should have stayed silent until the investigation was complete, is that
nothing in the garage can be kept under wraps for long. Someone would have said something, then people would have jumped on NASCAR --- yelling "cover-up". They are damned for reporting it, and we would damn them if they'd said nothing and it leaked out.
Your spot on, it was done out of fear of the mob reaction if there reaction seemed too weak. There's no time for due process when people are being cancelled left and right.

I mostly agree with you but if NASCAR and track officials tell the media it was a noose, I can't blame the media for repeating what it's told.

I really can't believe no one on the Talladega staff was able to identify this rope as a garage door handle, or that no one noticed all the doors were similarly equipped. Geez, do none of them use self-storage? I've never seen a storage unit door that didn't have a rope like this. I would almost prefer that someone on staff knew and just wanted to let the bosses make fools of themselves.
Gotta remember Nascar gets payed millions to watch cars go around in circles all day! Lol

I don't know where you live, but I feel very sorry for you if it's so bad that seeing a garage door rope makes you instantly think of a noose.
Heck, If I see an actual noose, it just makes me think of a cattle rustler hanging in an old western movie. It would give me no thought whatsoever of color or race .

For reporting that a handle on the garage door could possibly look a bit like a noose?

Actually, it's pedaling. Sorry, it's the English teacher in me.
SpeedyComplicatedGangesdolphin-size_restricted.gif

I don't know where you live, but I feel very sorry for you if it's so bad that seeing a garage door rope makes you instantly think of a noose.
Heck, If I see an actual noose, it just makes me think of a cattle rustler hanging in an old western movie. It would give me no thought whatsoever of color or race .

Do ALL people where you live feel the same way? That's what we need...EVERYWHERE.

Imagine how Bubba would look right now had he come out and said something along the lines of " I can't believe anyone in the NASCAR community would do something like this and I'll wait for the results of the investigation to voice my opinion"

Man he'd be looking so good right now.......

Do ALL people where you live feel the same way? That's what we need...EVERYWHERE.
The vast majority. There are a holes in all walks of life but the majority are fairly good. I'd suggest not letting the minority who are evil get you so worked up. They are never going to completely vanish, focus on the good and don't let the media trick you into thinking the world is full of hate.

I said yesterday in the podium thread...

"NASCAR is on the clock here, a little over 3 hours before the start of the race. Will be an absolute embarrassment if they couldn't figure out who did it by then."

NASCAR did embarrass themselves. They were making good strides which now has turned into a giant leap backwards. People will still think this was a legit racist threat even though it was determined not to be because once it's out there that's it.

Also I really hope Richard Petty doesn't end up getting this damn Covid-19 because he felt like he had to go and show support. We all know he supports hims, he wouldn't be racing in his damn car to begin with if he didn't.

If anyone was criticized for expressing that they would calmly wait for the results of the investigation before reacting, yes. For those who termed it a deliberate hoax (already happening again above), or played the "What about crime in Chicago?" game, no, they aren't owed anything but scorn.
I wasn’t here for the hoax discussion, didn’t see that. That’s unfortunate if so. What’s going to be lost in all the “see I was right” gloating between both sides is that the show of unity between the drivers, crew members and officials walking Bubba’s car to the front was pretty damn impressive, I choose to believe it was an authentic moment.

Imagine how Bubba would look right now had he come out and said something along the lines of " I can't believe anyone in the NASCAR community would do something like this and I'll wait for the results of the investigation to voice my opinion"

Man he'd be looking so good right now.......
I agree. He looked like he was reveling in the attention to me. Enjoying it even....people look to be victims these days. Lots of attention and even money in it.

A group of the best drivers in the world that spend 38 weeks a year in a garage area needs the FBI to determine a pull rope? C'mon. Nascar saw this as an opportunity to gain even more traction in the media... yall are entitled to yalls opinions and I'm entitled to mine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom