Not a hate crime....

There more I think about it, the more I am okay with it.

There's a lot to consider. I see posters suggesting that Bubba should have taken the attitude of "I'm deeply offended and disturbed by what's going on, but I will withhold any further opinions or comments until an investigation is completed". I get that. And in terms of this wrapping up smoothly, it should have.

But here's the thing. We aren't Bubba. Us white folks don't know what it's like to be in his shoes. Racial biases proved as a barrier for Bubba to be able to take a more objective stance on the matter. And that's the point. The fact that he isn't able to, and assumed the worst is the point here.

Secondly, there is no scenario where this doesn't get blown out of proportion. Bubba's crew member reported it to NASCAR, who reported it to Bubba. NASCAR HAD to make it public at this point. If they publically do nothing, Bubba is going to speak up again. The discovery being brought to NASCAR forced their hand. The only way this was avoidable was if the crew member didn't report it. NASCAR doubled down and made a clear stance that racism will not be tolerated.

The fact that an FBI investigation was done, the drivers openly supporting Bubba during all this, and the general attitude made it clear that racism will not be tolerated, even if it has yet to be proven.

This left a sour taste in my mouth at first. Not anymore.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I agree. He looked like he was reveling in the attention to me. Enjoying it even....people look to be victims these days. Lots of attention and even money in it.
Have you considered that perhaps Bubba wasn't capable of that because of the racial stereotypes? He's assuming it was a hate crime.

Steve Phelps should be looking at nothing short of resignation and the PR team should immediately be reorganized and put through more professional development.

How many grown ass adults are putting egg on the face of a 26 year old who committed no crime?

Ya’ll extra.
Well I think they are putting egg on the media’s face and deservedly so. Marty Smith has become a cartoon character on ESPN, the Southern Bro Reporter and he’s crying on TV like a doofus. I even saw that some other non racing media people advocating for the drivers to boycott the race at Dega. I think the extreme for both sides are nauseating, no one is meeting in the middle on any issue, it’s who wants to jam their point down the other person’s throat more is what I see

There more I think about it, the more I am okay with it.

There's a lot to consider. I see posters suggesting that Bubba should have taken the attitude of "I'm deeply offended and disturbed by what's going on, but I will withhold any further opinions or comments until an investigation is completed". I get that. And in terms of this wrapping up smoothly, it should have.

But here's the thing. We aren't Bubba. Us white folks don't know what it's like to be in his shoes. Racial biases proved as a barrier for Bubba to be able to take a more objective stance on the matter. And that's the point. The fact that he isn't able to, and assumed the worst is the point here.

Secondly, there is no scenario where this doesn't get blown out of proportion. Bubba's crew member reported it to NASCAR, who reported it to Bubba. NASCAR HAD to make it public at this point. If they publically do nothing, Bubba is going to speak up again. The discovery being brought to NASCAR forced their hand. The only way this was avoidable was if the crew member didn't report it. NASCAR doubled down and made a clear stance that racism will not be tolerated.

The fact that an FBI investigation was done, the drivers openly supporting Bubba during all this, and the general attitude made it clear that racism will not be tolerated, even if it has yet to be proven.

This left a sour taste in my mouth at first. Not anymore.

Lol.

In Oakland they found rope loops hanging in some trees in the park. They immediately launched an investigation for a hate crime.

A black man came forward and said they were exercise loops he and his friends had put up to work out on because all the gyms were closed.

The mayor told him intent didn't matter, it was still a hate crime and had them removed.

I actually just saw a FB personality Indicate that NASCAR intentionally assigned Bubba the garage spot with the noose....

Maybe some of you guys should stop calling anyone critical of NASCAR "deathbedders". Just another reason they haven't earned the benefit of the doubt
I guess they were supposed to ignore the noose in the garage to suit you and apparently a few other ya whos' with 20 20 hindsight.

Maybe some of you guys should stop calling anyone critical of NASCAR "deathbedders". Just another reason they haven't earned the benefit of the doubt
This. There’s some good people on here who mildly disagree with NASCAR every once in a while and are called Death Bedders, that was redundant

This is actually the best outcome (other than they should have figured this out in 20 minutes tops).

There were way too many people ready to write off NASCAR as hopelessly redneck etc. I listened to an interview with Blaney this morning and the first question wasn’t about his win or the crazy finish but how far NASCAR needs to go to get its collective head straight and join the sane non-racist world, describing it as a mindset that has nothing to do with any race fan I know.

Well it turns out everyone thinking such had their heads up their backsides, but 99% of real rare fans could have already told them that.

It’s also great that it wasn’t an intentional hoax, just unintentional ass-hattery.

The fans are good, Bubba’s good and we can all get back to racing and enjoying it as Americans and not as members of a subset.

It’s also great that it wasn’t an intentional hoax, just unintentional ass-hattery.

Methinks someone on Bubba's team (NOT Bubba himself) saw an opportunity and ran with it. You can't tell me NO ONE in NASCAR realized this wasn't a noose before calling the FB freaking I.

If that is what a hate crime noose looks like I could be in big trouble with one hanging in both of my garages. I can't believe someone would first report this and then NASCAR would react the way they did. I wonder how many crew members were aware and probably were told to not say anything publicly.

This is actually the best outcome (other than they should have figured this out in 20 minutes tops).

There were way too many people ready to write off NASCAR as hopelessly redneck etc. I listened to an interview with Blaney this morning and the first question wasn’t about his win or the crazy finish but how far NASCAR needs to go to get its collective head straight and join the sane non-racist world, describing it as a mindset that has nothing to do with any race fan I know.

Well it turns out everyone thinking such had their heads up their backsides, but 99% of real rare fans could have already told them that.

The fans are good, Bubba’s good and we can all get back to racing and enjoying it as Americans and not as members of a subset.

Like I said, the FBI is on the case and they will get to the bottom of it. They did just that. Our system works, move on

Can someone please tell me how a professional race team and NASCAR officials don't realize a door pull isn't a noose? I'd love to hear the explanations.
My assumption would be that they thought someone fashioned the door pull into a noose to make a statement.

Methinks someone on Bubba's team (NOT Bubba himself) saw an opportunity and ran with it. You can't tell me NO ONE in NASCAR realized this wasn't a noose before calling the FB freaking I.
what does this look like to you slick?

1592958921664.png

This now reminds me of the student at Bowling Green who thought she spotted through a window a KKK rally going on in one of the labs.

Turned out the ‘Klan’ members were lab equipment with white covers:

College Student Confuses Covered Lab Equipment With KKK Rally.

I should say I'm surprised that the people who run NASCAR didn't think it was better to do a quick internal investigation of something as serious as this instead of releasing a statement to the public without knowing the full details but we really shouldn't be surprised.

They could have avoided this whole fiasco entirely.

I should say I'm surprised that the people who run NASCAR didn't think it was better to do a quick internal investigation of something as serious as this instead of releasing a statement to the public without knowing the full details but we really shouldn't be surprised.

Exact same thing could be said about the initial statement by Bubba.

hopefully they will hire you on their advisory team

There were posters here saying racists are in the garage. BS. I thought this was a Jesse Smollett situation. Turns out it wasn't anything at all but a massive overreaction. We're all in the 21st century now and moved beyond the racist past. Anyone claiming they're held back by the color of their skin is a prisoner of their own mind. There's too many wealthy successful minorities to make the false claim that "institutional racism" is holding anyone back. White privilege is a phony marxist construct. It's patently false. In the business world with government and even some private contracts women and minority owned businesses get preferential treatment. That is a fact.

The problem I see with suggesting that NASCAR should have stayed silent until the investigation was complete, is that
nothing in the garage can be kept under wraps for long. Someone would have said something, then people would have jumped on NASCAR --- yelling "cover-up". They are damned for reporting it, and we would damn them if they'd said nothing and it leaked out.
I have to look at my time stamp down stairs and see who came up with this thought first...you or me. :)

There were posters here saying racists are in the garage. BS. I thought this was a Jesse Smollett situation. Turns out it wasn't anything at all but a massive overreaction. We're all in the 21st century now and moved beyond the racist past. Anyone claiming they're held back by the color of their skin is a prisoner of their own mind. There's too many wealthy successful minorities to make the false claim that "institutional racism" is holding anyone back. White privilege is a phony marxist construct. It's patently false. In the business world with government and even some private contracts women and minority owned businesses get preferential treatment. That is a fact.
so neither you or the other posters didn't have a clue what was going on...but now ya do.

so neither you or the other posters didn't have a clue what was going on...but now ya do.

No I didnt and I admitted that I didnt. I speculated in a post that I thought it was potentially a Jesse Smollett situation. I didnt say without proof that it was that.

Back
Top Bottom