Not allowing new signups?

Discussion in 'Racing-Forums Feedback' started by ByronFanatic, Jan 29, 2020.

1. ByronFanatic

ByronFanatic Waiting for win #1

Im not into racing anymore but my buddy is and he wanted to sign up and use the site and it said it isnt allowing new signups and i wondered why?

FLRacingFan and StandOnIt like this.
  2. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Prevents the ex-communicated from returning with name #4 or 5.

DanicaFreak likes this.
  3. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I kinda thought that also.

4. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

It is unfortunate that the existence of a Torontonian with several disassociative identities (who is easily traced) means no new fans can join and contribute.

I'm honestly surprised the board is so resilient, as usually when a forum resorts to this, atrophy leads to a not slow death.

aunty dive likes this.
  5. Magnethead

Magnethead Admin & Resident Techie Staff Member

It's also because the forum has been spammed several times with hundreds of new user signups in a matter of hours from various IP's.

We have ways around people signing up with name #4 and #5. Xenforo is VERY good at figuring that ish out. We even had one try to do it the same way as Byron's friend (sending me a manual email) and we were able to determine it was a previous offender even with a different IP and email address, before I even made them an account.

We aint dumb.

DanicaFreak, aunty dive and StandOnIt like this.
  6. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Glad this post showed up, thanks for what all you guys do behind the scenes so a knucklehead like myself can hang around here.

DanicaFreak likes this.