Not allowing new signups?

Prevents the ex-communicated from returning with name #4 or 5.

It is unfortunate that the existence of a Torontonian with several disassociative identities (who is easily traced) means no new fans can join and contribute.

I'm honestly surprised the board is so resilient, as usually when a forum resorts to this, atrophy leads to a not slow death.

It's also because the forum has been spammed several times with hundreds of new user signups in a matter of hours from various IP's.

We have ways around people signing up with name #4 and #5. Xenforo is VERY good at figuring that ish out. We even had one try to do it the same way as Byron's friend (sending me a manual email) and we were able to determine it was a previous offender even with a different IP and email address, before I even made them an account.

We aint dumb.

I was invited to join the forum from somebody I was friendly with on a different racing forum.

I'm glad I was shown this place, it's much more informative, and professionally run.

Thank you for letting me on.

Hi, I just joined yesterday. I have been on here for years, tried to join years ago and received a message that you were not accepting new members so never retried until yesterday.
I am on many forums ........ this one was the hardest to join. The instructions about the two part verifications were ........ let me say sketchy .......... took me 6 or 7 tries to get it.
Having said all that, I am glad I joined.
STEVE

Hi, I just joined yesterday. I have been on here for years, tried to join years ago and received a message that you were not accepting new members so never retried until yesterday.
I am on many forums ........ this one was the hardest to join. The instructions about the two part verifications were ........ let me say sketchy .......... took me 6 or 7 tries to get it.
Having said all that, I am glad I joined.
STEVE

Welcome! :cool:

There's gotta be a way to improve this process.

Back
Top Bottom