Nothing but the truth from the Honey Badger

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)

this again? Hey Honey, auto racing has always been a rich man's sport (figure of speech) It's a rarity to see a self sponsored team like the likes of Ryan Sieg's family in a higher series and doing well. And they aren't poor. Go get some backing to go along with your talent if you have any

Great article, however its the same thing that's been said for years.

It's literally nothing new he's saying, however money and driver programs back then were more plentiful than it is now. You have manufacture driving programs from the OEMs, but nothing like the old days where you had big sponsors scouting talent as well. I get Nasse being very blunt about the situation and I think it should be looked at as well.

It sucks money is the driving force behind anyone these days, but its getting harder to find sponsors to really give that type of support to racing in general. Also, I think Nasse is a bit upset about not being able to move up the ranks, I do like him using his platform at his level to help improve short track racing through the US. Not everyone will be able to succeed, so continue to help build up where he is now. Use his name and reputation to help, that's all anyone can ask of.

Unfortunately Nasse has a lot of truths in his comments, so much so that many die hard NASCAR fans will just sit and call him butt hurt or whining. Most fans don’t realize that it costs huge money to race at these levels and even more money if you want to win.

When the prize to win at most truck races is $30-40k and to cost to run a top level truck into the 6 figures for a single race. Unless you have huge money backers advancing isn’t as simple as win and go up in these series like people think.

Unfortunately Nasse has a lot of truths in his comments, so much so that many die hard NASCAR fans will just sit and call him butt hurt or whining. Most fans don’t realize that it costs huge money to race at these levels and even more money if you want to win.

When the prize to win at most truck races is $30-40k and to cost to run a top level truck into the 6 figures for a single race. Unless you have huge money backers advancing isn’t as simple as win and go up in these series like people think.
Any die hard fan knows it takes money to run a race car. And any fan of racing who has been around for mere minutes can see that. I guess it is news for somebody that doesn't know squat about racing.

1603228262185.png

Never know , might be an attention strategy.

Motorsports in general is a rich person’s hobby. There is no university scholarship for racing. You need the equipment to perform. Strapping into a race car isn’t the same as strapping on a new pair of cleats.

You can either understand that reality or you can bitch and cry about “the way it should be”, which is a subjective opinion at best.

It’s easy to play victim. It’s hard to earn your way to the top.

Strawman argument. I don't think there's many "die hard NASCAR fans" out there who think it's "simple" to rise up through series. Fans are very aware of the money involved and I see them talk about it all the time when discussing drivers who rise through the ranks. Nasse might have had an easier time rising up if he acted differently, but then again maybe not. He hasn't given himself a chance but he seems to be fine with where he's at regardless.

To get to the top of the sport you kinda have to be rich AND good which I'm fine with. There's plenty of rich kids who don't get to Cup because they suck. There is at least a semblance of meritocracy and I think the sport is getting a decent new wave of good drivers. It does suck that money determines everything in the sport though but I'm not sure how it would be fixed.

I'm sorry for being ignorant, who is this guy? The article says he's 25; I thought I knew everything at that age, too. For example, he seems to have missed the point that NASCAR doesn't pick the drivers who move up the ladder; the owners do.

a whole bunch of people have forgotten what STOCK car racing is.
big money kills sports, everytime.

This man really said that neither William Byron nor Kyle Busch are on his level.

Top 30 Apricot GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

See, Willy B I can't make a STRONG case for, he's good, but I can't make that strong a case for him.

But when I saw him say that Kyle Busch wasn't on his level I was like "Well yeah, he's like many levels above you dude." I can't stand Kyle, but the dude is one of the best to ever race. Kyle would whip the floor with him.

Racing has never and never will be fair and anyone that has followed racing knows as much.

I made the sacrifices myself and I paid a heavy financial and physical price. I feel like I could write a book on how it damaged my first marriage.
But I knew the odds were virtually impossible from the beginning and it was a huge leap of faith, an impossible dream.

I am not bitter or crying it was just the way it had to be. Racing gets in your blood and when it does nothing else compares. You live to race. I believe it was in my DNA and I at least can end this life knowing I wasn't afraid to try.

I would be embarrassed to defend my performance. But I was true to myself and when it is done I will at least know that I pursued the highest form of life I ever knew. I am sorry for those who have never had a passion and it was worth every type of scar.
I don't know anything about Nasse other than a few of his TV races I have seen and this post, but he had to have known all of this for a long time.

The best take away from the articles is: who is that blond standing beside him. I tried to do some Google image searches with no sucess.

Ok, how in the world did you come up with that analogy about this thread?

the "they bring money" argument vs "they bring talent". Its argued that other drivers with more talent should have deegans seat,

Racing has never and never will be fair and anyone that has followed racing knows as much.

I made the sacrifices myself and I paid a heavy financial and physical price. I feel like I could write a book on how it damaged my first marriage.
But I knew the odds were virtually impossible from the beginning and it was a huge leap of faith, an impossible dream.

I am not bitter or crying it was just the way it had to be. Racing gets in your blood and when it does nothing else compares. You live to race. I believe it was in my DNA and I at least can end this life knowing I wasn't afraid to try.

I would be embarrassed to defend my performance. But I was true to myself and when it is done I will at least know that I pursued the highest form of life I ever knew. I am sorry for those who have never had a passion and it was worth every type of scar.
I don't know anything about Nasse other than a few of his TV races I have seen and this post, but he had to have known all of this for a long time.

The best take away from the articles is: who is that blond standing beside him. I tried to do some Google image searches with no sucess.
I could have written this, thanks brother.

the "they bring money" argument vs "they bring talent". Its argued that other drivers with more talent should have deegans seat,
Yeah, 'cause she's the only active driver who's buying a ride. :sarcasm: Tell me again how you decided his comments are exclusive to her?

Yeah, 'cause she's the only active driver who's buying a ride. :sarcasm: Tell me again how you decided his comments are exclusive to her?
Oh I didnt say they were. But Andys made his opinion on Deegan clear. This is why his post may have some.....bias.

I don't think pissing off the people that are in charge of making you run good and keeping you safe is smartest thing to do. ;) He sounds like a real classy kid.:rolleyes:
Like a QB pissing off his offensive line. Great way to wind up with a linebacker in your face, or a couple of loose lug nuts.

This man really said that neither William Byron nor Kyle Busch are on his level.
I'm sure Byron lies awake at night worrying about his ability to pilot a late model. A pillow stuffed full of dollars should help absorb the tears.

KyBu's just liable to take him up on it; be careful what you wish for. I hope he has more than one car in the garage.

But as previously noted, I said some pretty dumb things too when I was 25.

Back
Top Bottom