Now, I agree with having a NASCAR Driver Union

S

Stacy

Logano having to sit in his car? WTF? I wouldn't hope for such treatment on KyBu.

Will NASCAR put their employees in a position of Shame to think about their mistakes?

Perhaps the Driver's should get to determine the fate of NASCAR executives and officials when NASCAR goons something up (like opening up Pit Road with an ambulance blocking the entrance) and parade them around the track tied to their bumper while the crowd throws beer...

Time for the poisonous Driver Union -- You deserve what you get NASCAR...

The problem with drivers having a union is that there are literally hundreds if not thousands of local and regional drivers across the United States that would jump at a chance to pilot a MENCS car. A driver's strike would literally have no effect as they'd just be replaced by someone from a regional touring series, or from Xfinity or Trucks.

The problem with drivers having a union is that there are literally hundreds if not thousands of local and regional drivers across the United States that would jump at a chance to pilot a MENCS car. A driver's strike would literally have no effect as they'd just be replaced by someone from a regional touring series, or from Xfinity or Trucks.
Yep.

Only if they got the sponsors approval how many sponsors out there are directly connected to the driver

Logano having to sit in his car? WTF? I wouldn't hope for such treatment on KyBu.

Will NASCAR put their employees in a position of Shame to think about their mistakes?

Perhaps the Driver's should get to determine the fate of NASCAR executives and officials when NASCAR goons something up (like opening up Pit Road with an ambulance blocking the entrance) and parade them around the track tied to their bumper while the crowd throws beer...

They have a drivers council to not only err their grievances, but suggest ways to make the racing better.

I think the sponsors would have something to say about that. It would probably kill the sport like the CART split.

I agree..... it would be just like 'Dega ...... '69....... plenty of field fillers waiting in the wings for their 15 minutes of fame......

If they can have a NASCAR Driver Council -- then NASCAR can also deal with a NASCAR Driver Union... :rolleyes:

There's way too much invested in the drivers now for them to just be easily replaced by regional touring series drivers or relatively obscure Xfinity/Truck drivers (since Cup team-affiliated Xfinity/Truck drivers would probably be involved as well).

upload_2017-9-23_18-59-35.jpeg

The Driver Council is just a NASCAR Suggestion Box to make the Drivers feel like they are involved.

Sort of like a childs driving wheel in a car: nothing is hooked up, but it distracts the child while you take them somewhere...

Joey was a bad boy. Not a big deal. So, he sat in his car a little while..... I do that five days a week waiting on my wife to get off work. Not that taxing on me mentally or physically. I think Joey will just be fine without a drivers union. Maybe his team will actually get their sh!t together and get things right?

The Driver Council is just a NASCAR Suggestion Box to make the Drivers feel like they are involved.

Sort of like a childs driving wheel in a car: nothing is hooked up, but it distracts the child while you take them somewhere...
stirring needless bull**** up bud, it ain't gona happen

In 1969 Leeroy Yarbrough punched Bill France at Talladega. It was a glorious thing that should give hope to anybody that loves racing. It is also a wonderful thought considering how nascar bullies even what the drivers say today. They have the press controlled about as well as Pravda, and somebody needs to inflict some pain on the tyrannical empire.

So if there is any chance that any formation of any kind of drivers union today would get Brian France punched. Or even better get the ever loving shiet beat out of him as result, then sign me on. And hopefully it would be brutal and public enough to ensure that they could not minimize the beating.

In 1969 Leeroy Yarbrough punched Bill France at Talladega. It was a glorious thing that should give hope to anybody that loves racing. It is also a wonderful thought considering how nascar bullies even what the drivers say today. They have the press controlled about as well as Pravda, and somebody needs to inflict some pain on the tyrannical empire.

So if there is any chance that any formation of any kind of drivers union today would get Brian France punched. Or even better get the ever loving shiet beat out of him as result, then sign me on. And hopefully it would be brutal and public enough to ensure that they could not minimize the beating.

Yup, "Boys have at it" :cheers:

NASCAR marketing can't wait to use video of drivers and crew fighting to promote the races and Chase; so it would be very entertaining to see some street justice beyond the drivers and crew since NASCAR is expanding its reach to include humiliating drivers...

Again, why don't they just get it right and get it through tech? #muchadoaboutnothing

That's like saying you should be forced to wear a dress and prance around the Walmart because your car didn't pass a smog inspection test...

Joey was a bad boy. Not a big deal. So, he sat in his car a little while..... I do that five days a week waiting on my wife to get off work. Not that taxing on me mentally or physically. I think Joey will just be fine without a drivers union. Maybe his team will actually get their sh!t together and get things right?
$50 says you dont sit in a sheetmetal laden greenhouse without AC clothed in 3 layers with a helmet on for an hour on a blacktop in summer-like heat.

Reactions: Pat
Not the same thing at all, IMO.
Follow the rules and get to practice.

The humiliation of having the driver sit in the car has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with a car not passing inspection. It is pure humiliation.

That is sick.

I'm against that.

Punishment should fit the crime, and not play to the base instincts of humiliating a driver -- no matter who that driver is...

This is why nascrap sucks ass. First time this year for this sh!t. Why now? If I were joey, I'd get out and give a one finger salute to nascrap.. , drop my pants and sh!t on pit road. Or,,,,,, drive out on the track at half speed in the "groove" You all see why this sport is failing big time and so do I.

However, I do agree with Dale Jr. and with Joey that this is ridiculous.
Still, the team needs to get their act together and PASS tech the first time. Then this kind of thing
wouldn't make everyone look silly.
Whether or not a team passes tech, this punishment for the driver is silly.

You don't pass tech in 2 tries....... go home try again next week.
That is the only thing teams will understand. Nascar can't do that because teams would lose their sponsors and then Nascar has no cars on track.

unions are the result of missmanagement.
a drivers union may be what can save nascar.

unions are the result of missmanagement.
a drivers union may be what can save nascar.
Unions are a result of workers fighting for what they deserve.

You don't pass tech in 2 tries....... go home try again next week.
That is the only thing teams will understand. Nascar can't do that because teams would lose their sponsors and then Nascar has no cars on track.
Joey and sponsor got more coverage from sitting idle on pit road than they would have gotten otherwise. This may have been a win win on their behalf.

However, I do agree with Dale Jr. and with Joey that this is ridiculous.
Still, the team needs to get their act together and PASS tech the first time. Then this kind of thing
wouldn't make everyone look silly.

I agree that it is ridiculous and I'd add petty and juvenile to the description too. How much time is allotted for the cars to go through tech? This might be a wild/crazy/nutso idea but maybe nascrap needs to start opening the tech process earlier...
I know I don't want to be the one responsible for coming up with this ''penalty'' when a driver sits on pit road in the heat and passes out. Or leaves pit room and passes out coming to speed on the backstretch.
The brain should send the drivers to bed without supper....makes just as much sense.

Back
Top Bottom