Now, I agree with having a NASCAR Driver Union

You said it. As a business owner I can tell you that all Unions do is protect the lazy unemployable and put small businesses into bankruptcy with their foolish demands.

Ummmm, that's not all they do. :rolleyes:

Logano failed inspection four times !!! The rules agreed to at the beginning of the season, according to Jayski, state they must sit on pit road and are excluded from practice. Them's the rules. The 22 team screwed the pooch and paid the price. Humiliating? Really? I suppose in a way it is but if nothing else it might give the team a wake up call to get their act together before inspection. :idunno:

Logano failed inspection four times !!! The rules agreed to at the beginning of the season, according to Jayski, state they must sit on pit road and are excluded from practice. Them's the rules.
It being a rule doesnt make it just.

Theres no reason the car cant be impounded & the team can hang out elsewhere during practice.

Having the driver roast in the car is absolutely asinine.

If you lock a kid or a animal in a hot car expect a chat with local law enforcement.

My biased opinion: The problems began long before "lug nut gate" & have square rooted since then.

There was a time when I could enjoy a race now all of the before & after BS has taken precedence.
New England plays today maybe I'll catch up on the NASCAR BS watching Race Hub tomorrow.
Maybe not.

If you lock a kid or a animal in a hot car expect a chat with local law enforcement.

My biased opinion: The problems began long before "lug nut gate" & have square rooted since then.

There was a time when I could enjoy a race now all of the before & after BS has taken precedence.
New England plays today maybe I'll catch up on the NASCAR BS watching Race Hub tomorrow.
Maybe not.

The only gas in this case would be drivers option.
And running through tech into infinity is also torturing a point.
If you push a tolerance to far there needs to be a consequence

Joey Logano‏Verified account @joeylogano 23h23 hours ago

Family visitation.pic.twitter.com/HecGQv6Xwx

DKbGLOiUMAAunTF.jpg

DKbGLPXV4AI1sgX.jpg

276 replies 568 retweets 5,019 likes

Afterwards he had to sit in the corner of his hauler as a "timeout" that kids get. Whats next? spankings? washing heir mouths out with soap?, grounding them for a week? Had this been in Chicago yesterday afternoon, the temps were in the upper 90's and humid, but go sit in your car with no A/C... geez then the pubic doesnt get to see the infractions, or what part didnt pass. Then after the last practice, all cars can be tweaked and put back to cheating status. A burnout mess's up the inspection.
Dear nascar, loose the splitter, the side skirts, the canted rear axles, the stages, the burnouts.. in the ixfinty series, the cameras goofed up and showed how bad these cars "track" the look like "a country dog going to town"

I can see twice the empty seats after that first hypothetical drivers strike.

Unions are a result of workers fighting for what they deserve.
Yes , I agree. Then they take it too far.... it's used to hide the lazy and work 4 or 5 hours if your company is lucky instead of 8 hours. That's why everything is China. I would gladly pay a proper wage, but you should work for your wage as well.

I would have had a lot of fun with the situation if I were JLo. I would have put on an Oscar worthy performance and required a lengthy stay in the infield care center. Then I would have sued Nascar and embarrassed the hell out of them.

It seems to be a silly rule to sit in the car. But the real question is why did they fail inspection four times. They should know what it takes to pass inspection by now. I wonder if the 22 car is testing inspection limits for the 2 car.

You said it. As a business owner I can tell you that all Unions do is protect the lazy unemployable and put small businesses into bankruptcy with their foolish demands.
Correct, especially for the small business. There was a time for unions, but basically no more. Laws are in place to protect the worker. Job don't pay enough? Find another.

Joey got what the team deserved. I'm not going to feel sorry for a racecar driver that has to set in a racecar.

Unions didn't ruin NASCAR or play any part in this downward spiral -- NASCAR ownerhip and management have ruined NASCAR on their own. Knee-jerk decisions, gimmicks, rule changes, demographic chasing, lack of transparency, etc. have led many fans to abandon these events.

This weirdness with Logano (not my driver) sitting in a car (like a prisoner in a hot box) should be the straw that breaks the camel's back for the drivers. I also question any owner that would allow NASCAR to do this to their driver. The Driver no longer builds the car or is even allowed to perform the work that offends NASCAR. A Driver Union and their legal reps would ensure that THAT misdirected and inappropriate punishment comes to an end.

A Driver Union would put a stop to the erratic nature of NASCAR by increasing transparency and making NASCAR slow down and explain themselves keeping NASCAR accountable, and will force them to treat the drivers (and teams) professionally and less gimmicky.

The downside of a Driver Union is now worth the risk. With the paying public no longer willing to fill these venues and sit through this sh1tshow, something has to change -- and that something is how NASCAR conducts business and relates to the drivers and teams.

This would restore stability to NASCAR and make the NASCAR organization conduct itself more appropriately.

Joey got what the team deserved. I'm not going to feel sorry for a racecar driver that has to set in a racecar.

I can understand that Nascar would be exasperated because the team failed inspection multiple times but I think making JLo sit as they did makes the series look even more unprofessional than it already does. Just send the team home or fine them 250,000 bucks or something that will actually correct the problem as opposed to looking like a spiteful child.

We already have unprofessional broadcasters, media and rules so lets not add to the problem anymore than we have to.

First time I see a multi millionaire walking wearing a sandwich board about management unfair to labor or some nonsense, I'm done. Did it with baseball and football, I can lose all respect for these guys too.

I can understand that Nascar would be exasperated because the team failed inspection multiple times but I think making JLo sit as they did makes the series look even more unprofessional than it already does. Just send the team home or fine them 250,000 bucks or something that will actually correct the problem as opposed to looking like a spiteful child.

We already have unprofessional broadcasters, media and rules so lets not add to the problem anymore than we have to.

Had they done they would have went against their rulebook and that would be unprofessional. Not sure they ever thought someone fail to the point they had to set out the whole practice but them being in the cars to serve the penalty makes sense.

Correct, especially for the small business. There was a time for unions, but basically no more. Laws are in place to protect the worker. Job don't pay enough? Find another.
Too many people fail to increase their own human capital and would rather blame the system or someone else for their own shortcomings. Its easier that way.

Had they done they would have went against their rulebook and that would be unprofessional. Not sure they ever thought someone fail to the point they had to set out the whole practice but them being in the cars to serve the penalty makes sense.

Rules are important but even though they are in place more than 33 cars have started the Indy 500 and Nascar has added drivers to the chase. I think it is a rule that should be changed and if that is something that Nascar doesn't want to do provisions should be put in for harsh temps whether they are hot or cold. Regardless the whole thing seems rinky dink to me.

But the real question is why did they fail inspection four times. .

And then go on to finish 10th? while the 2 car passed and finished 4th. I've always wondered that lack of preparation instead of pushing the limits can also be involved. The box is small and you can't be sloppy.

Too many people fail to increase their own human capital and would rather blame the system or someone else for their own shortcomings. Its easier that way.
Exactly.....we are all victims of someone or something. Blame is never on us....

Back
Top Bottom